Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708
Mother Kills Her 2 Children and Self After Being Denied Food Stamps

Quote:
San Antonio, Texas (The Weekly Vice) - On Tuesday, we reported a case in which a Laredo, Texas woman shot her two children and then herself after she was denied food stamps at a Texas Health and Human services office. The children were rushed to a local hospital where they were both treated for gunshot injuries.

Unfortunately, the story has taken a turn for the worse. We're extremely saddened to report that both children have succumbed to their gunshot injuries.

Ramie Grimmer, 12, was rushed to a San Antonio hospital late Monday night after her mother shot her once in the head following a standoff with police. She passed away at about 8 p.m. Wednesday night.

Ramie had posted updates to her Facebook account during her mother's 7-hour standoff. In one post, Ramie reportedly posted an update that read "may die 2day."

Timothy Grimmer, 10, was rushed to the hospital after he was also shot once in the head. He passed away on Thursday after his father made the heartbreaking decision to remove him from life support.

Previous Story:

Laredo, Texas (The Weekly Vice) - Rachelle Grimmer, a 38-year-old Texas woman shot her two children and then killed herself after she was refused food stamps.

According to police, Grimmer shot her two children - a 10-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl - before turning the gun on herself inside a Texas Health and Human Services Office on Monday.

Investigators say the woman was distraught after she applied for food stamps, but was rejected from the program because she failed to turn in the adequate paperwork.

"We were still waiting (for the information)," said DHHS spokesperson, Stephanie Goodman. "And if we had that, I don't know if she would still qualify or not."

Investigators say the woman entered the DHHS office in Laredo on Monday and asked to speak with a different caseworker than the one she had been assigned. Grimmer was then taken to a private room to discuss her case. That's when she reportedly pulled out a gun and began what would eventually become a 7-hour stand-off with police.

Police negotiators called and pleaded with Grimmer throughout the course of the standoff, however Grimmer allegedly kept hanging up on them.

On at least one occasion, Grimmer voiced a list of grievances that she had regarding various stated and federal agencies. She also reportedly told investigators that she was owed restitution of some kind.

After the woman hung up on officers at about 11:45 p.m., police heard a series of gunshots. Officers rushed inside the building to find Grimmer's body and two children who had also been shot. The children were alive but unconscious when they were rushed to a nearby hospital.

Officials say Grimmer initially applied for food stamps in July, but missed the standard interview in which state workers normally assess an applicant's case. Grimmer reportedly never called back to reschedule the appointment. The case was closed in August for inactivity.

Three month's later, Grimmer contacted the agency again to demand a review of how her case was handled. When an agency supervisor called Grimmer's cell phone last Thursday, no one answered and the voicemail box was full.
ORIGINAL STORY

Old 01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Gregore Mortis
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1157
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss333
Re: Mother Kills Her 2 Children and Self After Being Denied Food Stamps

I hope this is the same story posted earlier. Damn shame, I like watching a tv show where it glorifies gluttony in many US restos and will never be as joyful to watch again.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:53 PM
luton loyal
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:115

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8702

scum

Old 01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregore Mortis View Post
I hope this is the same story posted earlier. Damn shame, I like watching a tv show where it glorifies gluttony in many US restos and will never be as joyful to watch again.
I didnt find it on search when I looked but then again the search fails me sometimes.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

What was so hard about filling out the application and turning in what they wanted when it was due? I hate people that think they are owed everything.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570
More and more kids are being killed. This is beyond sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
Amy