Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Oh, by "Europe" you mean The U.K. and France. Yes.

We did not have French "forced" upon us, as you say. We're taught a little of it in elementary school and it's an elective in high school. It's on our food and drug packaging and the federal government uses it (in fact if one wants to run for federal office or work for the federal gov't the person should be bilingual), but most are not well versed in French. It only became an official second language in the mid to late 60's.

Yes we have the RCMP. No, it's not the only police force we have.

Thank goodness we have single-payer healthcare. We have private care as well. (One can get an MRI scan, etc. at a private clinic provided the cash is available.)

While we're on the subject, not all of Canada is a frozen wasteland. Just most of it.
I live on the southwestern coast; we have a year-round Rufous hummingbird population here and far more rain in the winter than snow..

And for what it's worth, I don't hate Americans. I apologize if I came off that way.
I really thought you and the other really hated us...that's why I was so confused. I didn't think Canada was an enemy. Hell, at least part of the time, a Canadian has his/her finger on our nuclear trigger...so I knew every Canadian didn't hate us so much, but I really thought you guys did. I'm glad you not.

I think the reason Americans are so clueless when it comes to other countries, is that we tend to turn every culture we touch into a little America. Our consumer culture and industry is so powerful that it tends to suck other cultures up and spit out Coke, Pepsi, Dominos Pizza, Ford, MacDonalds, etc. Why would we need to learn about other cultures when all we do is just supplant their cultures with our own. It's not necessarily a good thing to do, but it seems to happen with great frequency. I understand your curiosity with America's domestic issues and trends. It's just that you guys need to understand that your cultural norms aren't going to fit our cultural norms and there's going to be differences. If you disagree with what I say...say something. Don't just hit the dislike button...tell me why you disagree...I'm not going to bite.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr black View Post
These discussions can get quite heated. I'm a true believer that people can make their point without sending off negative energy. Besides if everyone agreed with everyone else this place would be extremely monotonous.
im not saying to be negative, just that there's nothing wrong with being passionate and confident in one's position (in my opinion). I think that can be accomplished without being an asshole (which, i didnt think you were being rude or anything in the first place)

diamondsmiles, Illusion, winvens
Old 10-16-2014, 07:56 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
I really thought you and the other really hated us...that's why I was so confused. I didn't think Canada was an enemy. Hell, at least part of the time, a Canadian has his/her finger on our nuclear trigger...so I knew every Canadian didn't hate us so much, but I really thought you guys did. I'm glad you not.

I think the reason Americans are so clueless when it comes to other countries, is that we tend to turn every culture we touch into a little America. Our consumer culture and industry is so powerful that it tends to suck other cultures up and spit out Coke, Pepsi, Dominos Pizza, Ford, MacDonalds, etc. Why would we need to learn about other cultures when all we do is just supplant their cultures with our own. It's not necessarily a good thing to do, but it seems to happen with great frequency. I understand your curiosity with America's domestic issues and trends. It's just that you guys need to understand that your cultural norms aren't going to fit our cultural norms and there's going to be differences. If you disagree with what I say...say something. Don't just hit the dislike button...tell me why you disagree...I'm not going to bite.
Good. Glad we sorted all that out.
I use the thanks/dislike button more often than responding because I have a disability which makes typing very time-consuming (among a shitload of other crap ). It's sure pissed Viking off but what doesn't? He's such a dick!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
30564U, diamondsmiles
Old 10-16-2014, 10:06 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Good. Glad we sorted all that out.
I use the thanks/dislike button more often than responding because I have a disability which makes typing very time-consuming (among a shitload of other crap ). It's sure pissed Viking off but what doesn't? He's such a dick!
Given that...I feel horrid that I made that tongue clicky comment...I had no idea and I'm really sorry. I was truly just being a smart ass...had I known you had any difficulty typing, I would never have said something so painfully inappropriate. I am very sorry and now I feel like a complete insensitive dickhead.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-16-2014, 11:18 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

If you are on the continent of NORTH AMERICA . . . .

YOU ARE AMERICAN.

Just as people on the rock, over there ------> Are called European.

The U.S. has "America" in our country's name, so we're called "Americans" - but you go somewhere else, like India and see if they look at a Canadian any differently than an American. We're on the same rock, divided by an invisible line and some fencing.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 10-17-2014, 12:16 AM
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11215 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23603

There is a huge difference traveling as an american and as a Canadian, you must be unaware of the fact many use canadian flags to hide american identity, why? Most of the world tends to hate America and its citizens, view you as fat cocky loud arrogant fucks who are clueless about the world they live in and would throw a hissy fit if some bar in france doesn't have bud light.

Hell I was watching I survived the t.v show or some other shit, bunch of guys kidnapped some white people in south America, they held them for a long time until one of the guys was talking about his hometown or some shit ended up being Canadian and the kidnappers let him go because they thought he was an american citizen.

There is a reason americans travel with canadian flags and pretend to be canadian.

The Following User Says Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-17-2014, 12:23 AM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
There is a huge difference traveling as an american and as a Canadian, you must be unaware of the fact many use canadian flags to hide american identity, why? Most of the world tends to hate America and its citizens, view you as fat cocky loud arrogant fucks who are clueless about the world they live in and would throw a hissy fit if some bar in france doesn't have bud light.

Hell I was watching I survived the t.v show or some other shit, bunch of guys kidnapped some white people in south America, they held them for a long time until one of the guys was talking about his hometown or some shit ended up being Canadian and the kidnappers let him go because they thought he was an american citizen.

There is a reason americans travel with canadian flags and pretend to be canadian.
Many of my relatives who have travelled around Europe met Americans who did exactly that.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:31 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11725

Been too france, serbia, macedonia, turkey, thailand, amsterdam, Bangkok, and London. Lived in germany, and japan as a kid Never felt hated at any places visited.

Well the French do have natural hate ons for anyone none francophone.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:39 AM
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11215 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23603

Quote:
Many of my relatives who have travelled around Europe met Americans who did exactly that.
It happens all the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-17-2014, 12:47 AM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post

Apparently the American hatefest is alive and well. Thanks Alley...at least we tried. Unfortunately your countrymen don't agree with you...they appear to actually hate us. Oh well.

Could it be that Americans travel under false flags because we're the number two terrorist targets right behind the Israelis? Let's not look at that or anything else logical and just keep bashing America.