Go Back  

*More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #61  
Old 10-16-2014, 01:32 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Believe me, Americans (and a few others) have definitely smeared Canada and its citizens.

What's with all those "Euro" references? We're as European as you are, which is to say not at all.

Then im sending Elisabeth dimes to you....(jk)

look I'm not debating one country is better than the other. I only debate we can not compare the two. We are from entirely different molds.

I love Canada, and in many ways wish we adopted some their idealism. I however know, in American history, that is not possible. Also know, had Canada had some of our history, some of theirs would not work, in present time.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
30564U
  #62  
Old 10-16-2014, 01:33 AM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Then im sending Elisabeth dimes to you....(jk)

look I'm not debating one country is better than the other. I only debate we can not compare the two. We are from entirely different molds.

I love Canada, and in many ways wish we adopted some their idealism. I however know, in American history, that is not possible. Also know, had Canada had some of our history, some of theirs would not work, in present time.
Yea...what he said.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
TheVrist
  #63  
Old 10-16-2014, 01:39 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Now back to kid kills someone

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheVrist For This Useful Post:
30564U, An_Empty_Memory, diamondsmiles, smnewstead, winvens
  #64  
Old 10-16-2014, 01:55 AM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11215 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss23603
Re: 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
I am a history buff myself.
How can a self professed history buff and have almost 0 idea about anything in canada... a country you are fairly intimately linked with.

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-16-2014, 02:02 AM
winvens's Avatar
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Join Date: Nov 2012
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Not so fast Annoying Alley. You guys are far more influence by Europe than we are. Don't you have a European style government structure? A national police force? French as a forced second language? Socialized medicine? Were an English colony longer? Etc. You guys are way more influenced by Europe than we are.
Oh, by "Europe" you mean The U.K. and France. Yes.

We did not have French "forced" upon us, as you say. We're taught a little of it in elementary school and it's an elective in high school. It's on our food and drug packaging and the federal government uses it (in fact if one wants to run for federal office or work for the federal gov't the person should be bilingual), but most are not well versed in French. It only became an official second language in the mid to late 60's.

Yes we have the RCMP. No, it's not the only police force we have.

Thank goodness we have single-payer healthcare. We have private care as well. (One can get an MRI scan, etc. at a private clinic provided the cash is available.)

While we're on the subject, not all of Canada is a frozen wasteland. Just most of it.
I live on the southwestern coast; we have a year-round Rufous hummingbird population here and far more rain in the winter than snow..

And for what it's worth, I don't hate Americans. I apologize if I came off that way.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
30564U, bob351
  #66  
Old 10-16-2014, 02:09 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
How can a self professed history buff and have almost 0 idea about anything in canada... a country you are fairly intimately linked with.
Said that, but didn't debunk.


Let me ask sir... what did I say was so un historical?


You didn't have Euro influence? The queen would disagree
You didn't have the same diversity as america? Thats subjective, not historical.

refer to my last post in my conjecture.

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-16-2014, 02:16 AM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11215 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss23603
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
Not so fast Annoying Alley. You guys are far more influence by Europe than we are. Don't you have a European style government structure? A national police force? French as a forced second language? Socialized medicine? Were an English colony longer? Etc. You guys are way more influenced by Europe than we are.
We do have a government system much like the UK, many european countries govern differently. In fact there are more republics in Europe like America than Canada.

Federal (mounties), provincial and local police forces.

French and English are the languages of Canada, that's why you learn both just as you learn English in America.

Socialized medicine, as it should be (see map below, you are as usual late to the dinner table as with slavery).

Canada was a British colony from 1763 until confederation in 1867, The thirteen colonies were British colonies from 1607 until 1776. You can do the math.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
smnewstead, winvens
  #68  
Old 10-16-2014, 02:20 AM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11215 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss23603
Re: 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Said that, but didn't debunk.


Let me ask sir... what did I say was so un historical?


You didn't have Euro influence? The queen would disagree
You didn't have the same diversity as america? Thats subjective, not historical.

refer to my last post in my conjecture.
What you said that was historically inaccurate?

I never denied our european influence, there is a reason why the "western world" or "western culture" includes many different nations from around the world. We are all influenced by each other.

Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-16-2014, 02:22 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Yes thank you for reminding me where my great grand dad came from, making me cajun..


Now straightforward to 2014, how has social standards, cultural influence on a population of 30-35 mil changed Canada. , next non European (asian refugees) effected the forward movement of Canadian idealism, and well....Europeans?

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-16-2014, 02:25 AM
TheVrist's Avatar
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725
Re: 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
What you said that was historically inaccurate?

I never denied our european influence, there is a reason why the "western world" or "western culture" includes many different nations from around the world. We are all influenced by each other.
never mind I see where you went lol.. ok i concede "western"

__________________
leaving people pounding their refresh button circa 2010.
Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO