Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61206
Re: 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
And the bleeding from the mouth at the first check by Grandpa didn't raise any suspicion
bet he was watching it from a distance and mumled yes, yes kill her.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Cartwright
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6626

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss19
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

Kid looks like a little shit

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cartwright For This Useful Post:
30564U, diamondsmiles, kellyhound, winvens
Old 10-15-2014, 02:22 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Sounds like a budding Antisocial Personality Disorder. Lock the little shit up and throw away the key.
What the fuck!? Ok, this is huge. Last week you advocated the death penalty and now you want to lock this little Manson Family member up forever!? Let me guess...it's because he killed a woman? Anom Alley are you a Canadian or are you really an American? I'm starting to wonder a little. Why, the next thing I know, you'll be wanting to carry a handgun and actually take responsibility for your own protection.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:24 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
What the fuck!? Ok, this is huge. Last week you advocated the death penalty and now you want to lock this little Manson Family member up forever!? Let me guess...it's because he killed a woman? Anom Alley are you a Canadian or are you really an American? I'm starting to wonder a little. Why, the next thing I know, you'll be wanting to carry a handgun and actually take responsibility for your own protection.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:39 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr black View Post
False. Youth under 12 in Canada are not arrested and will not go to court. If they commit a crime, they are dealt with more effectively by child and youth services or a mental health agency if parents cannot deal with the problems.
Of course...leave it to the self righteous and wise foreigner to bash America for actually punishing a murderer no matter the age.

If you really want to know what will happen...let me explain. First off...pretty much every state has a two tiered juvenile justice system. One for misdemeanor and light weight felonies and one for serious felonies. Juvenile Hall is basically jail for kids. There is a higher authority that goes by various names...most commonly is called a Youth Authority. The Youth Authority basically runs prisons for kids. Children who commit crimes like murder, will usually be tried as adults, and upon a guilty finding will be send to that state's Youth Authority to be housed until he/she turns 21. At the age of 21, the Youth Authority will determine, based on many factors, whether the child will remain under the Youth Authority's jurisdiction in one of their kid prisons until they reach age 25, or are sent to regular State Prison for the remainder of their sentence. A life sentence for a child tried by juvenile court will only serve until he/she reaches the age of 25 within a Youth Authority prison. If the child is tried as an adult, then they will serve their time in a Youth Authority prison until age 21, then be transferred to State Prison. Unless the Youth Authority determines that the child should stay within the Youth Authority prison until age 25, and then be transferred to State Prison.

And for all of those Canadian members that always know so much and wring their hands at their American cousins. All Youth Authority prisons have fully accredited junior and senior high schools, trade schools, offer college classes, have sports programs, psych treatment, medical treatment, counseling, therapy sessions, etc. Kids are not just thrown into adult prison.

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
facing_reality
Old 10-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25942

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
And for all of those Canadian members that always know so much and wring their hands at their American cousins. All Youth Authority prisons have fully accredited junior and senior high schools, trade schools, offer college classes, have sports programs, psych treatment, medical treatment, counseling, therapy sessions, etc. Kids are not just thrown into adult prison.

You're a sensitive one aren't you. First off, I'm not bashing anyone and we have juvie hall here as well. I simply stated that we emphasize more on rehabilitation in Canada as opposed to longer prison sentences in the US. You guys (Americans) can actually learn something from our justice system since our violent crime per capita is light years lower than yours.

The Following User Says Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Illusion:
facing_reality
Old 10-15-2014, 04:24 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725

Quote:
You're a sensitive one aren't you. First off, I'm not bashing anyone and we have juvie hall here as well. I simply stated that we emphasize more on rehabilitation in Canada as opposed to longer prison sentences in the US. You guys (Americans) can actually learn something from our justice system since our violent crime per capita is light years lower than yours.
Our youths get away with a lot more than the average observer on the outside looking in would even comprehend. Most that end up spending lengthy sentences are repeat offenders, or habitual offenders. Murder, being exception to the rule.

And please spare us on the learning from canada argument. Canada is 35 million spread out amongst a land mass slightly larger than that of the US, and are from more of a linear culture.

30564U, facing_reality
Old 10-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25942

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Our youths get away with a lot more than the average observer on the outside looking in would even comprehend. Most that end up spending lengthy sentences are repeat offenders, or habitual offenders. Murder, being exception to the rule.

And please spare us on the learning from canada argument. Canada is 35 million spread out amongst a land mass slightly larger than that of the US, and are from more of a linear culture.

I agree,for its size, Canada has a small population. Physically it is the second-largest country in the world. See the thing you and many Americans don't understand is the fact that 90 percent of the Canadian population is located within 160 kilometers (100 miles) of the U.S. border.Toronto, Ontario is the 3rd highest populated, English speaking city in North America behind New York and Los Angels.

Crime in Toronto has been relatively low for a very long period of time and the low crime rate in Toronto has resulted in the city having a reputation as one of the safest large cities in North America. Statistics Canada shows that crime has been falling since 1998.

For comparisons to various cities in North America, in 2012 for example, the homicide rate for the city of Toronto was 2.0 per 100,000 people, yet for Detroit (54.6), Atlanta (19.0), Chicago (18.5), Boston (9.0), San Francisco (8.6), New York City (5.1), and San Jose (4.6) it was higher, while it was significantly lower in Vancouver (1.2). In 2007, Toronto's robbery rate also ranked low, with 207.1 robberies per 100,000 people, compared to Detroit (675.1), Chicago (588.6), Los Angels (348.5), Vancouver (266.2), New York City (265.9), Montreal (235.3) and San Diego.

The Following User Says Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-15-2014, 04:46 PM
30564U
Offline:
Comrade

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: *More Info Added* 10 Year Old Boy Charged With Killing Woman, 90

The only thing good about Canada is that they're separated from Mexico by the US. How fucking self righteous..."America could actually learn something from our justice system since our violent crime per capita is light years lower than yours." I guess you're not much of a sociologist are you. Again, why are Canadians so damned interested in domestic American issues? Don't they have enough to be worried about in they're own country?

The Following User Says Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
facing_reality
The Following Users Disliked This Post By 30564U:
winvens
Old 10-15-2014, 05:59 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4581 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss11725

Quote:
I agree,for its size, Canada has a small population. Physically it is the second-largest country in the world. See the thing you and many Americans don't understand is the fact that 90 percent of the Canadian population is located within 160 kilometers (100 miles) of the U.S. border.Toronto, Ontario is the 3rd highest populated, English speaking city in North America behind New York and Los Angels.

Crime in Toronto has been relatively low for a very long period of time and the low crime rate in Toronto has resulted in the city having a reputation as one of the safest large cities in North America. Statistics Canada shows that crime has been falling since 1998.

For comparisons to various cities in North America, in 2012 for example, the homicide rate for the city of Toronto was 2.0 per 100,000 people, yet for Detroit (54.6), Atlanta (19.0), Chicago (18.5), Boston (9.0), San Francisco (8.6), New York City (5.1), and San Jose (4.6) it was higher, while it was significantly lower in Vancouver (1.2). In 2007, Toronto's robbery rate also ranked low, with 207.1 robberies per 100,000 people, compared to Detroit (675.1), Chicago (588.6), Los Angels (348.5), Vancouver (266.2), New York City (265.9), Montreal (235.3) and San Diego.

I guess you missed the part where I said Canada has had a linear culture. Thus meaning, let me send you some of the socially displaced people in those cesspools of a city, that choose to ignore laws, and any social standards. Then tell me how they will just totally adapt to the way of the eh....

You have to keep in mind, the US has went through decades of adjustment in our own cultural shift. But it has improved contrary to the nay sayers of where we are at now. Pull murder/crime rates from the 70s and 80s, then compare them to what they are today.

30 milion people that for most part came from the same background, is a bit easier than managing 300 million coming from god only knows what background. And the fact we're doing it, without being a communist country, speaks volumes.

30564U, facing_reality
The Following Users Disliked This Post By TheVrist:
winvens