Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5491
Re: MISSISSIPPI REPUBLICANS MAIL LACED WITH RICIN

Sounds more like a symbolic attack, unless their target was to cause some diarrhea attack to someone: ricin poisoning requires inhalation, swallowing or injection, hardly you can get poisoned by skin exposure, it can't be absorbed through normal skin (of course if you touch it then put your hands in your mouth it's different). However, no antidote exists for ricin afaik, so it's always much better to avoid any contact with it at all: it's extremely toxic, easy and cheap to be produced, and 500 micrograms are deadly for an average adult, but all in all it causes far more scares than actual deaths.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318
Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 AM
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6181

Probably can expect more of this kind of crap in the near future.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:15 AM
rapeWhistle
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21634 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss40899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post
I didn't TRY to say anything, I said it...

#omgSOfuckingEdgy

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:57 PM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male

Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5491

***Update
Another Suspicious Letter Found, This One to Obama
  • A letter sent to Obama contained a "suspicious substance," Secret Service says
  • Another envelope was addressed to Republican Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi
  • Initial tests on that envelope detected the deadly poison ricin; additional tests under way
  • Suspicious packages scares at Senate office buildings Wednesday

Quote:
White House mail handlers identified a "suspicious substance" -- possibly the poison ricin -- in a letter sent to President Barack Obama the same day a similar letter was found in a Senate mailroom, the Secret Service said Wednesday.

Both letters arrived Tuesday at off-site postal facilities set up after the 2001 anthrax attacks and have been sent to laboratories for additional tests, authorities said.

"A letter addressed to the president containing a suspicious substance was received at the remote White House mail screening facility," Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary said. The Secret Service, FBI and Capitol Police are investigating, he said.

The FBI said later that the envelope "preliminarily tested positive for ricin," a deadly toxin with no known antidote. But initial tests can be "inconsistent," and the envelope was sent to a laboratory for additional tests.

"Additionally, filters at a second government mail screening facility preliminarily tested positive for ricin this morning," it said. "Mail from that facility is being tested."

Capitol Police were checking out reports of suspicious packages or letters in two Senate office buildings around noon Wednesday. The first floor of the Hart Senate Office Building was evacuated shortly before noon, and police were questioning a man with a backpack in the area.

The man raised suspicion with the content of his backpack and how he responded to police questions, two Capitol Hill police officers said. The backpack contained sealed envelopes and was being x-rayed, one of the officers said.

A federal law enforcement official told CNN that authorities do not believe the man was connected to the letters found Tuesday.

The developments came a day after preliminary tests on a letter sent to the Senate indicated the presence of Further tests on that letter took place Wednesday, the FBI said.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Sandbwoy
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:445
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1471

Damn! Ain't that a bitch?

Old 04-18-2013, 03:17 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male

Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5491

Man Is Arrested in Ricin Scare
Quote:
WASHINGTON—Federal agents arrested a Mississippi man Wednesday for allegedly sending suspicious letters to President Barack Obama and a U.S. senator, bringing a nervous day in the nation's capital to an end.

Paul Kevin Curtis was arrested at his home in Corinth, Miss., the Federal Bureau of Investigation said. Authorities said he sent a similar letter to an unidentified Mississippi justice official. The FBI didn't immediately describe the charges against him.

Officials said a number of law-enforcement agencies are weighing potential charges against Mr. Curtis, ranging from sending threatening or harassing letters, to creating a hoax poison attack, to sending life-threatening material through the mail.

The letters contained vaguely threatening language, and ended with the phrase, "I am KC and I approve this message,'' according to people familiar with the matter. At least one of the letters had a Memphis, Tenn., postmark, the people said. Corinth, Miss., is about 100 miles east of Memphis.

Attached Images

Old 04-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Hobbslefthand
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:617
Malevolent

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts