Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Mississippi K-9 Dies After Officer Forgets Him in Car; Activists Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post

i mean, he's basically saying that he got out of the car and the dog was silent. it didnt bark when it realized it wasnt getting out too? that's bullshit....
When I take my dogs on trips, they know when we are home and when I get out of the car they are up and alert and anxious for me to open the back door so they can get out. Hansel will even jump into the front seat to try to get out with me. I could never forget that they are in the car.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Kanda444
Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impotent Rage View Post
Is it just me or does the use of "K-9" instead of "canine" or even "dog" seem really retarded?

It didn't seem to stupid as a movie title or certainly as the Doctor's robotic dog but in this case it just reminds me of prepubescent children writing "kewl" or something equally ludicrous.
Yo bitch, why are making fun of me?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Kanda444, Megamel29
Old 05-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

This is unbelievable, that dog was his partner and he just left to die a slow death? This guy should not only be fired but also he should be sent to jail.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pyramid_Head:
Eskimo Aids
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
When I take my dogs on trips, they know when we are home and when I get out of the car they are up and alert and anxious for me to open the back door so they can get out. Hansel will even jump into the front seat to try to get out with me. I could never forget that they are in the car.
my father in law's work dog would get so wound up when the car would stop or when the lights were on, he would run in circles in the back seat and would injure himself if my father in law couldnt get him calmed fast enough. there's no way he could have forgotten the dog in the car....

gatagato, Megamel29
Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impotent Rage View Post
Is it just me or does the use of "K-9" instead of "canine" or even "dog" seem really retarded?

It didn't seem to stupid as a movie title or certainly as the Doctor's robotic dog but in this case it just reminds me of prepubescent children writing "kewl" or something equally ludicrous.
I think the point is that if u or I killed a police dog it would be a felony charge.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5491

What i'm trying to say is that there's no training that will ever teach you how to love or even just know dogs; the man wasn't obviously a dog lover and his knownledge about/respect for the dog were close to zero. That's the problem.
Half an hour from my house there's one of the biggest training center for Police dogs in Europe, Baschi Rossi, Squadrone Eliportato Carabinieri Cacciatori "Sardegna": i've had the luck to be there dozens of times, both as a guest and for work.
One of the things that caught my attention was the relationship between trainer and dog, and how much different are trainings for anti-drugs dogs, anti-explosive dogs, search and rescue dog, arson dogs, cadaver dogs etcetera. The dynamics of learning vary deeply from case to case and especially for anti-drugs, we can say that it's a teamwork, not just a matter of sniffing substances.
The trainer of one of the best Dogs (now retired after exposing hundreds of traffickers) once told me that the about the 20% of drug related arrests that he made with the dog in his career, was due to the BEHAVIOR of the trafficker, and it had nothing to do with the smell of the drugs: and not only. The trainer was basically the only one able to understand when the dog felt something strange about the behavior of the subject. And guess what? Whenever for some reason the dog was carried to some operation and there wasn't his fav trainer, then he wouldn't even leave the car. Yes, he would keep his ass sitting there, no way to convince him to move. This because in that case dog+trainer are a TEAM, and this can't be done when one of the two team members doesn't love dogs. The basic concept of training police dogs is that you and the dog are team mates, that's all there's to it: some people will get it instantly, other people will never get it, i honestly believe that some people will never understand the importance of the dogs for humans, there's nothing to do when 2800 years after Homer told to us about Argos some people still doesn't understand that dogs are very special animals. They would no exitate in giving away their life for you, some humans believe that dogs are stupid because they can't talk...

1st - Dogs CAN talk, it is you who doesn't understand them.

2nd - Some people are confirmed to be MUCH more stupid than dogs, because of what they say, so not neccessarly the ability to speak is a good thing.

But what i'd like to say about this case is that it has really nothing to do with what dog training has been created for. When the training is well-designed, the only acceptable result is that dogs are much respected, and that they are as sacred as any other member of the team. The worst thing that you can to to them is to put them in the wrong hands

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
Old 05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalker420 View Post
Sure he just forgot him... how the fuck could you just forget the animal you work with was in the car. Fire and fine his ass! Should never be a officer again. Dude must of just thought the dog would be ok in a car overnight no way he just forgot him. Sad and fucked up.
My thoughts exactly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
Kanda444