Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss490
Re: Mississippi K-9 Dies After Officer Forgets Him in Car; Activists Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Sorry. I just copied the headline. I don't know if that's what the police call the dogs or if the reporter was trying to be creative.
No, I saw it was the headline. Not getting at you. Thanks for posting the story.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impotent Rage For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Megamel29
Old 05-07-2013, 03:59 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5486

It took to me half an hour to get the meaning of k9.
It was a tragic incident, of course he doesn't deserve the gold medail and he should be charged with animal neglect, BUT i don't see how he should be charged for animal abuse, since his act was NOT deliberate. The most logical thing to do is to keep him away from dogs during his duties, which has already been done. But seriously, why to ruin his life for something that he didn't mean to do, what do they think they'll achieve with those 5,000 signatures? We don't even know the actual cause of death, maybe the dog died for some heart attack, or just because his moment had come.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
peema
Old 05-07-2013, 04:37 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
It took to me half an hour to get the meaning of k9.
It was a tragic incident, of course he doesn't deserve the gold medail and he should be charged with animal neglect, BUT i don't see how he should be charged for animal abuse, since his act was NOT deliberate. The most logical thing to do is to keep him away from dogs during his duties, which has already been done. But seriously, why to ruin his life for something that he didn't mean to do, what do they think they'll achieve with those 5,000 signatures? We don't even know the actual cause of death, maybe the dog died for some heart attack, or just because his moment had come.
Well, as AmericanIllusions stated, if a civilian had killed the dog, they would be in serious legal trouble. We can't assume that being locked in a car overnight did not contribute to the death of the dog. I think if I left my dog in my car long enough for him to die, I would be in legal trouble.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, kellyhound
Old 05-07-2013, 05:08 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Well, as AmericanIllusions stated, if a civilian had killed the dog, they would be in serious legal trouble. We can't assume that being locked in a car overnight did not contribute to the death of the dog. I think if I left my dog in my car long enough for him to die, I would be in legal trouble.
That's the point, though: you will never do that to some animal that you love. Actually, i'm surprised that a dog could end up in the hands of someone able to forget him in the car, afaik the best friends of anti-drug, anti-explosive, anti-money (recently in use in switzerland) dogs, are only cops trained and able to communicate with them. After six months spent together during the training, you won't say who's the cop and who's the dog, so strong has become their relationship.
I'm not saying that the man is not guilty, (if it was my cat, nobody would be able to stop me from shooting him in the knees), just saying that he was unable to realize the importance of his task, this may happen even to the best cop in the world, when you put him into the WRONG contest; there are people who forget their sons while shopping at the Autogrill. What for them then, electric chair or gas chamber? If you fire a worker, you are automatically putting him in a desperate and dangerous situation, but if you do that to a cop, you are sentencing him to death. What if he's married, if he has sons /daughters, are we sure that firing him would really turn humans more respectful towards animals?

And on top of that there's a question i'd like to pose to the 1,500 who signed the petition so far: are you SURE that you don't have some situation in YOUR neighborhood where an animal is fastened by a chain? I'm asking because if the answer is yes, then you are accomplice of torture towards dogs. THIS is what we should think about.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
That's the point, though: you will never do that to some animal that you love. Actually, i'm surprised that a dog could end up in the hands of someone able to forget him in the car, afaik the best friends of anti-drug, anti-explosive, anti-money (recently in use in switzerland) dogs, are only cops trained and able to communicate with them. After six months spent together during the training, you won't say who's the cop and who's the dog, so strong has become their relationship.
I'm not saying that the man is not guilty, (if it was my cat, nobody would be able to stop me from shooting him in the knees), just saying that he was unable to realize the importance of his task, this may happen even to the best cop in the world, when you put him into the WRONG contest; there are people who forget their sons while shopping at the Autogrill. What for them then, electric chair or gas chamber? If you fire a worker, you are automatically putting him in a desperate and dangerous situation, but if you do that to a cop, you are sentencing him to death. What if he's married, if he has sons /daughters, are we sure that firing him would really turn humans more respectful towards animals?

And on top of that there's a question i'd like to pose to the 1,500 who signed the petition so far: are you SURE that you don't have some situation in YOUR neighborhood where an animal is fastened by a chain? I'm asking because if the answer is yes, then you are accomplice of torture towards dogs. THIS is what we should think about.
I don't know about a chained up dog. Do we let muggers or killers go free because someone else somewhere has mugged or killed? That officer was responsible for the life of that dog. How did he screw up so bad?

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 AM
alpha.first.one
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:670
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss808

:disg ust:: disgust::disgu st:

Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Impotent Rage
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:916
Contributions: 5

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss490

Quote:
he was unable to realize the importance of his task, this may happen even to the best cop in the world
Ignorance is no defence. This being the result of inaction doesn't make it any better. He was criminally negligent and should be punished appropriately by the criminal justice system; not simply reprimanded by his employer. As others have said, they would expect that if a civilian had done the same.

Quote:
If you fire a worker, you are automatically putting him in a desperate and dangerous situation, but if you do that to a cop, you are sentencing him to death. What if he's married, if he has sons /daughters, are we sure that firing him would really turn humans more respectful towards animals?
What? Death?

I don't think firing him would be appropriate anyway.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49337

it's interesting... had the dog been shot by a civilian during an interaction with the cop, the civilian would be charged with murdering an officer... but when it's the dogs partner does it, it's an accident. that's bullshit.

my father in law was a k-9 cop (after he was swat and before he became a traffic cop) and if anything would have happened to his dog when they were working, he would have been devastated. there is no excuse for this. the officer was in charge of a life (even if it's an animals) and he failed to protect that life.

diamondsmiles, gatagato, Megamel29, Stalker420
Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Stalker420
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3101
Female

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73

Sure he just forgot him... how the fuck could you just forget the animal you work with was in the car. Fire and fine his ass! Should never be a officer again. Dude must of just thought the dog would be ok in a car overnight no way he just forgot him. Sad and fucked up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stalker420 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Flaka, Kanda444, kellyhound, Megamel29
Old 05-07-2013, 04:28 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 412

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61169

Quote:
The tragic incident happened three weeks ago but only became public after WLOX13 was tipped off.
says enough about them trying to sweep it under the carpet.
so the entire shift a live and breathing animal is in the car with you and then you lock the car and forget about it.
i don't buy that shit.