Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Militiamen Take Over Federal Building in OR Wildlife Refuge After Govt Rally

Something is a-brewing...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2483723

A so-called militia with ties to Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy have seized a remote federal building in a frigid southeast Oregon wildlife refuge with no plans to leave.

Bundy’s son, Ammon Bundy, was among the self-described militiamen occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters and visitor center with eyes to take over the U.S. Bureau of Land Management fire station near Frenchglen, the Oregonian reported.

“We’re planning on staying here for years, absolutely,” Ammon Bundy told The Oregonian. “This is not a decision we’ve made at the last minute.”

Bundy, who lives in Idaho, called upon fellow militia members to "come prepared" and join protesters rallying for two ranchers, Dwight Hammond Jr. and his son, Steven, who have been ordered to serve a five-year prison sentence for arson.

It’s unclear how many militia members are camped out at the Malheur building, though a photo taken at the refuge entrance shows at least four men trudging through a snow-covered road.

One of those men, shown sporting camouflage pants tucked into his boots, is holding a rifle.

Bundy’s father learned of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge stunt through a phone call from his son, later telling Oregon Public Broadcast he had nothing to do with the take-over.

“That’s not exactly what I thought should happen, but I didn’t know what to do,” Cliven Bundy said. “He told me that they were there for the long run. I guess they figured they’re going to be there for whatever time it takes—and I don’t know what that means.”

Cliven Bundy made headlines in 2014 as the anti-government rancher who got into an armed confrontation with federal agents over unpaid grazing fines.

In a statement, Bundy asked the Hammonds to seek protective custody at the Harney County jail instead giving into a tougher prison sentence.

Ammon Bundy drove to Oregon after seeing his father’s plight in the Hammonds ordeal, he said Friday.

"This is not a time to stand down, it is time to stand up and come to Harney County," Bundy said in a separate video on Facebook.

Despite Bundy's claim he and other protesters are in it for the long haul at the wildlife refuge, he told his wife he would only "be gone for a couple days.”

Bundy’s call-to-action garnered an apparent goodbye video from one of his militia followers addressed to his wife and two daughters, ages 3 and 5. The video was recorded at some point before the holidays, tearfully explaining why he wouldn’t be home during Christmas or New Years.

“This is one of the tougher videos I’ve had to make,” said a man identified as Jon Ritzheimer. “I love you, my beautiful wife. I know I never said it enough but I’ve become so proud of the mother you’ve become.”

“We the people need to take a stand,” said Ritzheimer, adding he expects 75-year-old Dwight Hammond to die in prison.

“Dwight, do you want die in prison labeled as a terrorist by these oppressors,” Ritzheimer asked. “Or do you want to die out here with us a free man. I want to die a free man.”

A judge has ordered the Hammonds to report to prison Monday to serve a lengthier sentence after being convicted in 2012 of igniting two fires in 2001 and 2006 on federal land leased for cattle grazing.

The father and son claim the blazes were a precaution against future wildfires and invasive plants.

Ammon Bundy and two of his brothers were among hundreds of protesters in Burns rallying in support of the Hammonds outside the Harney County courthouse in Burns Saturday afternoon before a splinter group broke into the remote refuge headquarters about 245 miles southeast of Portland.

A FBI spokeswoman is aware of the militia take-over at the Malheur refuge, but would not comment further.

The refuge encompasses nearly 190,000 acres of wetlands and desert frequented by hunters and fishermen with a visitor center. Because of the militia occupation, the refuge will be closed to the public instead of opening at 8 a.m. Monday.

https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch/?fref=nf

I'm only posting his FB because it's the top link at FB's headlines and he is trying to get people to read it anyway. I'm not trying to help or hurt him. I don't think I have enough info to pick a side.

I added one of his FB status' about this.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
bundy3.jpg  

bundy2.jpg  

AmmonBundy1.jpg  

bundy4.png  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Anarchy99, facing_reality, winvens
Old 01-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675
Re: Militiamen Take Over Federal Building in OR Wildlife Refuge After Govt Rall

Wow, I hope this doesn't turn into another damned Waco.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pigeon For This Useful Post:
Anarchy99, Megamel29, tbone79, winvens
Old 01-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675

Ammon Bundy's summary of the Hammond family's ordeal is here:

http://bundyranch.blogspot.com.au/20...mond-case.html

The gist of the article is that the Hammonds' ranch was one of the very last ranches adjacent to the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge that had not been bought by the federal government to become part of the Refuge. The Hammonds refused to sell to them despite being asked many times. And so it began... Grazing rights being revoked, illegal building, illegally blocking roads, blocking access to water on which the cattle are dependent, threats and harrassment, etc. This all happened before the Hammonds lit the two fires (which were either backburning or a coverup of poaching) for which they were convicted, jailed and have been jailed again (for the same incidents - double jeopardy?).

This part was particularly disturbing, accusing the govt. of deliberately flooding land in the '80s, destroying people's homes and livelihoods, just to force them to sell their ranches:

Quote:
(a3) By 1980 a conflict was well on its way over water allocations on the adjacent privately owned Silvies Plain. The FWS wanted to acquire the ranch lands on the Silvies Plain to add to their already vast holdings. Refuge personnel intentional diverted the water to bypassing the vast meadowlands, directing the water into the rising Malheur Lakes. Within a few short years the surface area of the lakes doubled. Thirty-one ranches on the Silvies plains were flooded. Homes, corrals, barns and graze-land were washed a way and destroyed. The ranchers that once fought to keep the FWS from taking their land, now broke and destroyed, begged the FWS to acquire their useless ranches. In 1989 the waters began to recede and now the once thriving privately owned Silvies pains are a proud part of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge claimed by the FWS.
To be honest, I'm not sure about Ammon Bundy. He was already anti-government before hearing about the Hammond case, and now people on his FB page are accusing him of having his militia follow the sherriff's family around. That is fucked. But damn, I feel for the Hammond family.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigeon For This Useful Post:
Megamel29
Old 01-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Anarchy99
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:2111
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
Wow, I hope this doesn't turn into another damned Waco.
Yeah, I came here to say that too.

Obama's probably going to use this incident to justify gun control through executive order.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchy99 For This Useful Post:
facing_reality, Oswald2001
Old 01-03-2016, 08:58 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7043

Whatever Obama does he better be careful. These militia type people will jump all over this and they have a lot of guns and a lot of anger. Waco and Ruby Ridge were just catalysts. If something like that happens now, in today's climate, it will be really bad. Those people are unpredictable and have distorted views of the government.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, rob666, winvens
Old 01-03-2016, 09:33 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

J. J. MacNab, who writes for Forbes about anti-government extremism, has described Bundy’s views as inspired by the sovereign citizen movement, whose adherents believe that the county sheriff is the most powerful law-enforcement officer in the country, with authority superior to that of any federal agent, local law-enforcement agency or any other elected official.[37] On April 12, 2014, Bundy "ordered" Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie to confront the federal agents, disarm them and deliver their arms to Bundy within an hour of his demand. He later expressed disappointment that Gillespie did not comply, and he said that the demand had applied to all sheriffs in the country.[37][38]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
morbid75, winvens
Old 01-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5092

Patriots? Hell no - American treasonists. Slaughter every fucking last one of 'em.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:57 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7043

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
J. J. MacNab, who writes for Forbes about anti-government extremism, has described Bundy’s views as inspired by the sovereign citizen movement, whose adherents believe that the county sheriff is the most powerful law-enforcement officer in the country, with authority superior to that of any federal agent, local law-enforcement agency or any other elected official.[37] On April 12, 2014, Bundy "ordered" Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie to confront the federal agents, disarm them and deliver their arms to Bundy within an hour of his demand. He later expressed disappointment that Gillespie did not comply, and he said that the demand had applied to all sheriffs in the country.[37][38]

That is scary. The way they tell the story it makes it sound as if they were victimized. I felt bad for them at first. I posted that sentiment before I went and read more on them as well as reading what other people have posted.

The scary thing is many people will not see the other side about these people.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, rob666
Old 01-03-2016, 10:07 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Trouble a-brewin'.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:11 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Those people are idiots, pieces of shit, and dangerous.

They should all just be shot....but then, they would have another Ruby Ridge and another Waco to whine about....and worst of all, to justify their violent crazed nature.

morbid75, Oswald2001