Go Back  

Michigan Proposes the Most Disgusting Anti-woman Bills Yet! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 06-13-2012, 09:15 PM
SouthrnHunnix420
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2476

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss106
Re: Michigan Proposes the Most Disgusting Anti-woman Bills Yet!

Maybe people should start recognizing the value of a life and learn to take birth control or better yet, close their damn legs. If you're responsible enough to have sex, you're responsible enough to deal with the consequences. How many times does this need to be said? Seriously?

The Following 4 Users Disliked SouthrnHunnix420 For This Post:
AnneLea, Flaka, kikaha, Vera Wang
Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthrnHunnix420 View Post
Maybe people should start recognizing the value of a life and learn to take birth control or better yet, close their damn legs. If you're responsible enough to have sex, you're responsible enough to deal with the consequences. How many times does this need to be said? Seriously?
note how you only say "close their damn legs" and don't say anything about men keeping it in their pants. if you support this bill you're a monster.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, Bastet, kikaha, Sharon, Vera Wang
Old 06-13-2012, 09:59 PM
kikaha
Offline:
Bearded Chocolate Thunder
Poster Rank:35
male

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 8061 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss22009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthrnHunnix420 View Post
It does not need to be said any number of times.
No birth control is 100% effective.
What about married couples? Are you saying married women should keep their legs closed as well? Just because 2 people are married that does not automatically mean that they can afford to haver children nor does it mean that they will be good parents. If I remember correctly that bill includes rape victims. Are you saying that a woman who has been raped should be FORCED to carry and give birth to a child that was the result of rape?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kikaha For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, Bastet, Vera Wang
Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 PM
AnneLea
Offline:
Poster Rank:1732
female

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186

Quote:
Originally Posted by david429 View Post
It does not need to be said any number of times.
No birth control is 100% effective.
What about married couples? Are you saying married women should keep their legs closed as well? Just because 2 people are married that does not automatically mean that they can afford to haver children nor does it mean that they will be good parents. If I remember correctly that bill includes rape victims. Are you saying that a woman who has been raped should be FORCED to carry and give birth to a child that was the result of rape?
Seriously, who could think of making a woman look at the features of the man who raped her every single day for 16-18 years and expect her to be happy about it?

I agree that nobody should have to go through that.

And, for you guys out there, what would you do if your wife/girlfriend/sister was raped and forced to be a mother to a child that came of it? Would you shun her? Tell her it's her fault for not keeping her legs closed then. I dare you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnneLea For This Useful Post:
Bastet, kikaha, rob666, Vera Wang
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Vera Wang
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1006
Female

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss425

Some people seem to be unable to empathise with living breathing people. Yet they can totally relate to a parasitic being which may or may not survive the full term and birth.

That's fucked up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vera Wang For This Useful Post:
Bastet, Flaka, rob666
Old 06-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Ballerina
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:79
girl

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 7090 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12579

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana dick View Post
I'm not a bible expert but as far as I know it doesn't specifically mention abortion. and it isn't far fetched or paranoid. there is a war on women in this country, spearheaded by the right wing retards. in 2012 there have been more than 200 anti-woman bills proposed or passed nationwide, and the number keeps rising. in the year before, there were over 1 THOUSAND. women's rights in this country are constantly under attack.
Your crazy. Womens rights are not in peril in America. Abortion doesn't have to do so much with womens rights as it does we as Americans are tired of loose bitches getting knocked up multiple times and then getting abortions. Yes if your having a crack baby or rape baby abort it because chances are it will be a peice of shit in the future but these loose bitches need to stop getting multiple abortions there ruining it for others.

The Following 2 Users Disliked Ballerina For This Post:
AnneLea, kikaha
Old 06-16-2012, 02:15 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzytwn View Post
Your crazy. Womens rights are not in peril in America. Abortion doesn't have to do so much with womens rights as it does we as Americans are tired of loose bitches getting knocked up multiple times and then getting abortions. Yes if your having a crack baby or rape baby abort it because chances are it will be a peice of shit in the future but these loose bitches need to stop getting multiple abortions there ruining it for others.
That's a valid point about some women abusing the option of having an abortion.

The biggest problem I see is that the same groups pushing for abortion restrictions are also pushing for reduced access to Birth Control & Sex Education.
This is where the idiocy of religion comes right out in the open...... Its a very clear case of cause & effect.

I also don't know how you can't feel threatened when Rick Santorum did very, very well for a long time when part of his platform was possibly outlawing birth control.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, Cumulonimbus, kikaha
Old 06-16-2012, 05:49 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzytwn View Post
women's rights aren't in peril? is that why there are well over a thousand anti-woman laws in america? is that why women are routinely silenced and banned from speaking about issues that affect only women? is that why women aren't getting equal pay and we can be fired for getting pregnant?

the way you wrote your post makes it quite clear that you don't give a shit about abortion. you care about shaming women who have sex. by the way, how many babies have YOU adopted? how many of them were minorities, mentally retarded, or physically disabled? how many pregnant women have you assisted?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, kikaha, rob666
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 AM
sarahowen662
Offline:
Poster Rank:2509
Contributions: 6

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss104

Maybe I haven't read it correctly (have only just woken up) but I don't understand (forgive me if I sound like an arse) what the fuss is?
I do not agree with abortion unless it is for a rape victim or health of mother/child is compromised.
From reading the report, I understand that they will make it illegal for abortions after 20 weeks for all mothers unless mothers health is in serious jeopardy.....
So my reasoning is, abortions will still be carried out for victims of rape, deformed/unhealthy babies and not those who simply want a quick fix to a problem that could have been avoided with contraception, but not after 20 weeks. Well surely if a rape victim would know if she was pregnant before the 20 week limit and most screening and scans can show defects/abnormalities in the foetus before this time period as well.

Our society is getting far too lazy.... Always looking for an easy fix.. Prevention is better than cure. Take that extra minute to put a condom on, take a pill or make that appointment at the docs to get long term contraceptives.
Obviously with rape victims, they did not ask willing engage in sex, and so resulting pregnancies, can, should they wish to, be terminated. If I was raped and found that I was pregnant, I would certainly know before the 20 week mark, whether or not I wanted to end the pregnancy.
The same for families with a foetus that has been shown via scans etc to have abnormalities, health problems etc.

I still think even 20 weeks is a little too long. An acquaintance from school (going back 20yrs now) fell pregnant at 21. She used to use contraception from the age of 16, but became very lax at taking it. She left it until the last possible minute to get an abortion, meaning that she had to give birth anyway, to a perfectly healthy baby girl. She was the type of person that would view most of the stuff on here and not be affected by any of it. Anyway, after aborting the baby, it affected her deeply. She became clinically depressed and even went through a period of psychosis. This went on for 2 yrs before she took her own life. The note she had left for her family stated that she had been tormented by the thought of what her little girl would have looked like, been like etc and that she was going to join her, so she could raise her like she should have done in the first place.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51381

The thing I read that annoys me is the phrase "the woman's body", "it's my body", it is such a selfish statement. The baby inside her is not some cyst or benign growth or 'her' body but a separate human being. I cannot abide late-term abortions, they're pure sick

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
sarahowen662