Go Back  

Michigan Proposes the Most Disgusting Anti-woman Bills Yet! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4833 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss13017
Re: Michigan Proposes the Most Disgusting Anti-woman Bills Yet!

I'm a Michigander - I'd be very surprised if it was religion-based. Too far north for the Bible-belt.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:20 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4833 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss13017

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana dick View Post
I'm not a bible expert but as far as I know it doesn't specifically mention abortion. and it isn't far fetched or paranoid. there is a war on women in this country, spearheaded by the right wing retards. in 2012 there have been more than 200 anti-woman bills proposed or passed nationwide, and the number keeps rising. in the year before, there were over 1 THOUSAND. women's rights in this country are constantly under attack.
In the famous "eye for an eye" part it specifically mentions babies.

Summary: If a man punches a pregnant woman and the baby or mother is hurt/killed it's an 'eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, life for a life'.

That is the closest thing I have found regarding Judiac law on abortion/infanticide in the Bible.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:19 AM
SouthrnHunnix420
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2476

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss106

yay lets end abortion!!! it should be allowed only to preserve the mothers life if completely necessary.

The Following 2 Users Disliked SouthrnHunnix420 For This Post:
kikaha, Vera Wang
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthrnHunnix420 View Post
yay lets end abortion!!! it should be allowed only to preserve the mothers life if completely necessary.
No I can't agree with that it's the ladies right to choose, it's her body she has to carry it for nine months.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, kikaha, Vera Wang, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Stevee:
SouthrnHunnix420
Old 06-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Vera Wang
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1006
Female

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss425

Bananadick, I'm in agreement with you, but I'd go further and say America hates women.

Ok, here's my usual line about abortion and the woman's right to reproductive autonomy.

Over 75% of ALL pregnancies fail. Yup, probably more. Most women miscarry before they even realise they're pregnant. The chances of a foetus actually getting born is slim in the grand scheme of things.

As for the biblical approach, if one attributes everything that happens as being "part of god's plan" then all of the above miscarriages are down to god, we can say with confidence that he really likes abortions and carries them out frequently.

Some will trot out "use a condom then", but this is unhelpful to the women, because many men will put pressure on women to have unprotected sex. Condoms also break or fail, they're 98% effective. There is another hidden problem in that men do not always wear the condom which is the correct size for them. This increases the chances of tears or not fitting snugly enough to prevent leakage. Remember guys, it's your penis, so only you know if condoms fit right! Women may be interested to know that many creams used for yeast infections actually melt the rubber, so don't try to cure that little itch prior to sex, apply it after and stay away from sex until you stop using the cream! Or find a different way to be intimate until infection has cleared up.

Then they trot out "use the pill/implant/patch then". Millions of women can't actually take this type of hormone contraception. Hormones cause massive changes in the woman's body, increasing her appetite and making her gain weight, increasing the likelihood of strokes, embolisms, mood changes etc. Then her top lip gets hairy and the guy goes off her a bit! The pill also lowers libido in the majority of women, so if guys think sticking their missus on the pill is the way to happy days, they are mistaken! As a side note, when planning long term contraception, sterilisation works best if performed upon the man. Women are very hormonal creatures, and sterilising a woman can open up a world of hell for her if she has a hysterectomy. It's a very serious operation and takes 6 months before she is allowed to lift anything heavier than a cup. She is at increased risk of all manner of other conditions and may need to take Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) which is now being attributed to rises in breast cancer. It's a simple operation for a guy to be sterilised. He recovers quickly and is back to work within a couple of days!

Diaphragms are between 92-96% effective, and are very difficult to "put in". They are supposed to be used in conjunction with spermicide and it's recommended that condoms are also used. They often cause bladder infections (which can be extremely serious if untreated - can lead to comas) and if the woman gains or loses weight, she needs a new diaphragm in the correct size. Meanwhile she risks pregnancies every time she has sex with a badly fitted diaphragm

The coil is a little device which is placed in the cervix. Most women find the procedure very uncomfortable and request pain relief afterwards. This is very invasive and must be carried out by a trained professional (remember, no NHS in the US) and the costs can be high. Because it's so invasive, there's also a higher risk to the woman of infection. If the woman has had a previous pelvic infection, she probably wont be able to use this method. The woman's body may also reject the device and spontaneously expel it. It also increases the incidence of ectopic pregnancies if the woman falls pregnant, and causes the majority of women to bleed, very heavily and frequently. How good does your missus feel on her period? Could you handle her feeling like that 24/7?

These are the basics, and because none are foolproof, abortion needs to stay available. The majority of women try to plan their reproduction, and it's these women who are being affected by ridiculous policies. Those who don't use contraception will not care, the state will pick up the tab and get the kid adopted out maybe...

Taking away a woman's autonomy, and forcing motherhood upon her is asking for future trouble. All civilised societies recognise the importance of the women's ability to control when she falls pregnant, this necessarily includes the right to request an abortion because as I've just outlined above, contraception DOES fail and the woman must have a safety net for when that occurs.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vera Wang For This Useful Post:
banana dick, Bastet, kikaha, rob666
Old 06-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Rfneimad
Offline:
Poster Rank:1838

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss171

Once they are able to predict whether a baby is gay they will re-legalize abortion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rfneimad For This Useful Post:
banana dick, rob666, SouthrnHunnix420
Old 06-10-2012, 06:06 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthrnHunnix420 View Post
end abortion? lolol good luck with that. women have been getting abortions since the beginning of time. studies show that in countries where abortion is illegal, women actually tend to get MORE abortions. they also die at a much higher rate from abortions.

making abortion illegal does not and never will reduce or end abortion. all it does is kill women and babies. the only ways to reduce abortion are to make contraception affordable and accessible to everyone and provide sex education.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
Bastet, candymosh, kikaha, Vera Wang
Old 06-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Rfneimad
Offline:
Poster Rank:1838

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss171

"There's three holes, only one gets a woman pregnant; choose wisely or wack off."-Sex ed

The Following User Says Thank You to Rfneimad For This Useful Post:
SouthrnHunnix420
Old 06-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Weatherly
Offline:
I'm made of sugar
Poster Rank:49
female

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 5045 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17846

There are some frightening right wing things happening in Michigan.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 AM
AnneLea
Offline:
Poster Rank:1732
female

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
I'm a Michigander - I'd be very surprised if it was religion-based. Too far north for the Bible-belt.
Ah but what about Catholics? Just because you're not in the Baptist laden Bible Belt doesn't mean your people aren't under religious influences.