Go Back  

Michigan Proposes the Most Disgusting Anti-woman Bills Yet! 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 06-09-2012, 09:27 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:481

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327
Michigan Proposes the Most Disgusting Anti-woman Bills Yet!

absolutely vomit-inducing. murder women to show how "pro-life" you are.

being pro-life should be grounds for electric shock therapy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1578179.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, dcaccount22, kikaha, Stevee
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Arsedestroyer
Offline:
USER REQUESTED BAN
Poster Rank:165
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5999
Re: Michigan Proposes the Most Disgusting Anti-woman Bills Yet!

abortion is a tricky subject.
no abortion for rape victims after 20 weeks or for the health of the mother.
i think that's going a bit too far.

quote:

A massive, 60-page omnibus bill that drastically limits abortion access and could shut down all abortion clinics in the state is being rushed through the Michigan State House of Representatives on Thursday.

The bill was introduced just last week, but lawmakers held a hearing for it on Thursday morning and are sending it to a full House vote on Thursday afternoon. A spokesperson for Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan said about 90 people showed up at the Health Policy Committee hearing to testify against the bill, but Committee Chair Gail Haines (R-Waterford) abruptly ended the hearing and cut off all testimony after a Michigan Right to Life spokesperson and only a few others were able to speak.

"We had a lot of doctors there and members of the committee asking questions about what the full ramifications of a lot of these provisions could be, and quite frankly a lot of folks couldn't answer them," said Meghan Groen, a spokesperson for PPMSM.

Specifically, the omnibus bill would criminalize all abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, without exceptions for rape victims, the health of the woman or in cases where there is a severe fetal anomaly. It would require health centers that provide abortions to have surgery rooms, even when they don't provide surgical abortions. It would require doctors to be present for medication abortions and to screen women for "coercion" before providing an abortion, and it would create new regulations for the disposal of fetal remains.

The bill would also ban "telemedicine" abortions, or the use of technology to prescribe medication for abortion services and the morning-after pill.

"It could shut down most reproductive health centers in the state of Michigan," said Groen. "It's the most extreme legislation we're seeing anywhere in the country."

State Rep. Mike Shirkey (R-Clark Lake) told a local television station on Wednesday that he supports the bill and hopes it will end abortion in Michigan. "This [abortion] is nothing short of infanticide. Until we completely eliminate abortions in Michigan and completely defund Planned Parenthood, we have work to do," he said.

State Rep. Bruce Rendon (R-Lake City), the sponsor of the bill, and House Speaker Jase Bolger (R-Marshall) did not return calls for comment.

The bill is expected to pass the Republican-dominated House on Thursday afternoon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...l?ref=abortion

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arsedestroyer For This Useful Post:
banana dick, kikaha, Stevee
Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

So we let a lady die because she cant abort the fetus, we let a lady give birth to a baby born of rape and we let a baby be born even though it will be so severely disabled it will have no quality of life?
This bullshit has to be religion driven somewhere along the line.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
Ambersweet, Flaka, kikaha, lecsee, luciddrmr, rob666, scflipflopper, Spitfire Dynamo, StoneMason, Vera Wang
Old 06-09-2012, 09:57 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsedestroyer View Post
abortion is a tricky subject.
no abortion for rape victims after 20 weeks or for the health of the mother.
i think that's going a bit too far.

quote:

A massive, 60-page omnibus bill that drastically limits abortion access and could shut down all abortion clinics in the state is being rushed through the Michigan State House of Representatives on Thursday.

The bill was introduced just last week, but lawmakers held a hearing for it on Thursday morning and are sending it to a full House vote on Thursday afternoon. A spokesperson for Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan said about 90 people showed up at the Health Policy Committee hearing to testify against the bill, but Committee Chair Gail Haines (R-Waterford) abruptly ended the hearing and cut off all testimony after a Michigan Right to Life spokesperson and only a few others were able to speak.

"We had a lot of doctors there and members of the committee asking questions about what the full ramifications of a lot of these provisions could be, and quite frankly a lot of folks couldn't answer them," said Meghan Groen, a spokesperson for PPMSM.

Specifically, the omnibus bill would criminalize all abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, without exceptions for rape victims, the health of the woman or in cases where there is a severe fetal anomaly. It would require health centers that provide abortions to have surgery rooms, even when they don't provide surgical abortions. It would require doctors to be present for medication abortions and to screen women for "coercion" before providing an abortion, and it would create new regulations for the disposal of fetal remains.

The bill would also ban "telemedicine" abortions, or the use of technology to prescribe medication for abortion services and the morning-after pill.

"It could shut down most reproductive health centers in the state of Michigan," said Groen. "It's the most extreme legislation we're seeing anywhere in the country."

State Rep. Mike Shirkey (R-Clark Lake) told a local television station on Wednesday that he supports the bill and hopes it will end abortion in Michigan. "This [abortion] is nothing short of infanticide. Until we completely eliminate abortions in Michigan and completely defund Planned Parenthood, we have work to do," he said.

State Rep. Bruce Rendon (R-Lake City), the sponsor of the bill, and House Speaker Jase Bolger (R-Marshall) did not return calls for comment.

The bill is expected to pass the Republican-dominated House on Thursday afternoon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...l?ref=abortion
thanks, I forgot about adding the article itself to the post lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
Arsedestroyer, kikaha
Old 06-09-2012, 10:03 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevee View Post
So we let a lady die because she cant abort the fetus, we let a lady give birth to a baby born of rape and we let a baby be born even though it will be so severely disabled it will have no quality of life?
This bullshit has to be religion driven somewhere along the line.
it has nothing to do with religion, just like it has nothing to do with protecting "babies". both of these hilarious "arguments" they use are nothing more than a shitty attempt at disguising their hatred for women and their pathetic need to control them. this has nothing to do with babies, and everything to do with controlling women. this is proven by the fact that these same "people" are against birth control and sex education.

the christian bible doesn't even say a damn thing about abortion which is the funniest part about it. in fact, I remember a verse that could easily be used to promote the pro-choice view. it mentions a person being alive once they receive the BREATH of life.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
kikaha, luciddrmr, Vera Wang
Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana dick View Post
it has nothing to do with religion, just like it has nothing to do with protecting "babies". both of these hilarious "arguments" they use are nothing more than a shitty attempt at disguising their hatred for women and their pathetic need to control them. this has nothing to do with babies, and everything to do with controlling women. this is proven by the fact that these same "people" are against birth control and sex education.

the christian bible doesn't even say a damn thing about abortion which is the funniest part about it. in fact, I remember a verse that could easily be used to promote the pro-choice view. it mentions a person being alive once they receive the BREATH of life.
The Christian bible doesn't mention abortion? all the more reason they would be anti abortion, controlling women sounds far fetched and paranoid to me.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:15 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

Quote:
The Christian bible doesn't mention abortion? all the more reason they would be anti abortion, controlling women sounds far fetched and paranoid to me.
I'm not a bible expert but as far as I know it doesn't specifically mention abortion. and it isn't far fetched or paranoid. there is a war on women in this country, spearheaded by the right wing retards. in 2012 there have been more than 200 anti-woman bills proposed or passed nationwide, and the number keeps rising. in the year before, there were over 1 THOUSAND. women's rights in this country are constantly under attack.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to banana dick For This Useful Post:
kikaha, rob666
Old 06-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
I'm not a bible expert but as far as I know it doesn't specifically mention abortion. and it isn't far fetched or paranoid. there is a war on women in this country, spearheaded by the right wing retards. in 2012 there have been more than 200 anti-woman bills proposed or passed nationwide, and the number keeps rising. in the year before, there were over 1 THOUSAND. women's rights in this country are constantly under attack.
I don't know what bills have been passed as I don't live in America but you do seem to be taking this a little to far to say America is anti women, sorry I just don't believe that... how many bills have been passed that affect men? or aren't you concerned with those?

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevee For This Useful Post:
mrm1109
Old 06-09-2012, 10:38 PM
banana dick
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1327

Quote:
I don't know what bills have been passed as I don't live in America but you do seem to be taking this a little to far to say America is anti women, sorry I just don't believe that... how many bills have been passed that affect men? or aren't you concerned with those?
I'm not saying america itself is anti-woman, but to deny that there is an ongoing attack against women's rights would be lunacy. I have not heard of a single bill being passed that limit men's rights.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
I'm not saying america itself is anti-woman, but to deny that there is an ongoing attack against women's rights would be lunacy. I have not heard of a single bill being passed that limit men's rights.
So the bills that affect women don't also affect men too? the OP would affect men in all 3 scenarios.