Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Re: Michael Jackson Trial

Quote:
A nurse has broken down in tears as she described how Michael Jackson ignored her attempts to steer him away from the powerful anaesthetic that killed him.
Cherilyn Lee told the trial of the doctor accused of killing Jackson that the star insisted propofol was the only thing he trusted to "knock him out" and induce the sleep he needed.
Ms Lee recalled a meeting with Jackson at his rented mansion two months before his death in which he mentioned propofol for the first time.
At one point she asked him: "What if you didn't wake up?"
Jackson insisted he would be safe if he had a doctor who could monitor him while he slept.
Prosecutors claim Dr Conrad Murray abandoned Jackson after administering a fatal dose of propofol and failed to have proper life-saving and monitoring equipment on hand.
Dr Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter and says Jackson must have self-administered the drug.
Although called by the defence, under cross-examination Ms Lee acknowledged a conversation with Jackson about propofol in which she told him: "No one who cared or had your best interest at heart would give you this."
She said her final refusal to provide the drug came on April 19, 2009, and she never saw Jackson again.
The court also heard from the head of AEG, the concert promoter that planned Jackson's ill-fated This Is It shows in London.
Randy Phillips, the company president and chief executive, said the star was excited and committed to restarting his career in London where he could settle down with his children on a country estate "so they wouldn't be living as vagabonds".

He said Jackson, who he described as a "genius", agreed to an extended schedule on condition his own doctor travelled with him, he was provided with a lavish country home with streams and horses and that the Guinness Book of Records attend the 50th and last concert.
The court heard there were concerns about Jackson's health and his absence from some rehearsals.
Mr Phillips said Dr Murray reassured them that Jackson was in good health.
The defence have been prevented from using Jackson's contract with AEG as evidence in the trial.
They claimed it shows he would have owed millions in compensation if he cancelled the concerts.
Judge Michael Pastor said: "This is not a contractual dispute. This is a homicide case."
The defence will continue their case later today.

The Following User Says Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
nHalexHale
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1904
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss161

i have followed this trial closely as well, what is your opinion on Murray, Kelly?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by nHalexHale View Post
i have followed this trial closely as well, what is your opinion on Murray, Kelly?
I'm still trying to make up my mind, things keep changing it but i can't shake the odd feeling he's partly being set up.

I read today that Murray wont be giving evidence at the trial, weird. Both parties are giving their closing speeches Thursday.

Quote:
The prosecution and defence in the trial of Dr Conrad Murray have rested their cases.

It came after Murray declined to give evidence at his trial.
Murray told the court: "My decision is that I will not testify in this matter, judge."
Before resting their case, the prosecution re-examined propofol expert Dr Steven Shafer.
The court has now gone into recess until Thursday.
Closing arguments will then be heard by the court before the jury is given final instructions and sent out to consider its verdict.
Murray denies involuntary manslaughter but could face up to four years in prison if convicted.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 AM
RedneckR0nin
Offline:
goinggoingGONE
Poster Rank:14
I am a man yes I am and tell ya so

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 5369 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss44935

The doctor should get a humanitarian award not charged with murder...fuck did I ever laugh hearing Old freak show all morphed out talking about building a children's hospital..
"Immmm.....mmm.....I..mmmm.gunnnnaaaa.buiwld daaaa BIGGesst.....da big...da biggest childrens hospial I ...Iiiiii...Im gunna build the biggest hosssspital for the Ciwwidren...

Hahaha Michael should have got that doctor to look after you 25 fucking years ago after your Pepsi hilarity....then maybe a bunch of kids including your own wouldn't have to live with the fucked up actions and continuous freak show you were!

The Following Users Disliked This Post By RedneckR0nin:
Fulcanelli
Old 11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
nHalexHale
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I'm still trying to make up my mind, things keep changing it but i can't shake the odd feeling he's partly being set up.

I read today that Murray wont be giving evidence at the trial, weird. Both parties are giving their closing speeches Thursday.
I also do believe that Murray may be in a certain type of "set-up" situation. We shall find out.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

I don't trust the legal system at all, the amount of justice you receive seems to be linked to how much you can afford to pay, that's not justice..would O.J Simpson have got off if he was an average Joe with a modest income? errrrrrrrr nope, what about Jackson and his pedophillia charges? errrrrrrrrrr nope again.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:08 PM
nHalexHale
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss161

Just heard verdict has been reached!!

The Following User Says Thank You to nHalexHale For This Useful Post:
Faline
Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 PM
nHalexHale
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss161

I am sure it will be involuntary manslaughter and I am sure that he will do a very short prison term if any prison at all. It wouldn't surprise me if his medical license was permanently revoked and a 5 year probation sentence.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Verdict in - guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Quote:
Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr Conrad Murray, has been found guilty of the involuntary manslaughter of the star by a jury in Los Angeles.

A panel of seven men and five women took two days of deliberation to reach a verdict.

Michael Jackson died on 25 June 2009 from an overdose of the powerful anaesthetic propofol.

Murray, 58, could now receive a maximum prison term of four years and lose his licence to practise medicine.

Dr Murray's lawyers argued that Jackson self-administered a lethal dose of the drug while he was out of the room.

Dr Murray sat silently, shifting in his seat as the verdict was read out.

The jury - made up of one African American, six whites and five Hispanics - deliberated on Friday and through the morning on Monday.

Outside the court, fans of Michael Jackson were cheering and chanting, "Guilty! Guilty!" in the run-up to the verdict being announced.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Invol. manslaughter was all he was charged with. He was not charged with murder, and there were no lesser inclusions.

So they got him.

Hopefully the mj fans will be satisfied with this offering, so to speak. They should be.

California did a nice job and did not overcharge him. He would not have been found guilty of murder in my opinion.