Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029
Mexico Drug War's Latest Toll: 49 Headless Bodies

Quote:
Police found 49 mutilated bodies scattered in a pool of blood near the border with the U.S., a region where Mexico's two dominant drug cartels are trying to outdo each other in bloodshed while warring over smuggling routes.

The bodies of 43 men and six women with their heads, hands and feet chopped off were dumped at the entrance to the town of San Juan, on a highway that connects the industrial city of Monterrey with Reynosa, across from McAllen, Texas.

At the spot where authorities discovered the bodies before dawn Sunday, a white stone arch that normally welcomes visitors to the town was spray-painted with "100% Zeta" in black letters — an apparent reference to the fearsome Zetas drug cartel that was founded by deserters from the Mexican army's special forces.

The bodies, some of them in plastic garbage bags, were most likely brought to the spot and dropped from the back of a dump truck, Nuevo Leon state security spokesman Jorge Domene said.

Domene said the dead would be hard to identify because of the lack of heads, hands and feet. The remains were taken to a Monterrey auditorium for DNA tests.

AP
Federal police on a vehicle guard one of the... View Full Caption

The victims could have been killed as long as two days ago at another location, then transported to San Juan, a town in the municipality of Cadereyta, about 105 miles (175 kilometers) west-southwest of McAllen, Texas, and 75 miles (125 kilometers) southwest of the Roma, Texas, border crossing, state Attorney General Adrian de la Garza said.

Only one couple looking for their missing daughter visited the morgue in Monterrey where autopsies were being performed Sunday, a state police investigator said.

The officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case, said none of the six female bodies matched the missing daughter's description. He said some of the bodies were badly decomposed and some had their whole arms or lower legs missing.

De la Garza said he did not rule out the possibility that the victims were U.S.-bound migrants.

But it seemed more likely that the killings were the latest salvo in a gruesome game of tit-for-tat in fighting between the Zetas and the powerful Sinaloa Cartel.

Mass body dumpings have increased around Mexico in the last six months of escalating fighting between the Zetas and Sinaloa, which is led by fugitive drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, and its allies, the federal Attorney General's Office said in statement late Sunday.

The two cartels have committed "irrational acts of inhumane and inadmissible violence in their dispute," the office said, reiterating it is offering $2 million rewards for information leading to the arrests of Guzman, Ismael Zambada, another Sinaloa cartel leader, and Zetas' leaders Heriberto Lazacano Lazcano and Miguel Trevino.

Under President Felipe Calderon's nearly six-year offensive against organized crime, the two cartels have emerged as Mexico's two most powerful gangs and are battling over strategic transport routes and territory, including along the northern border with the U.S. and in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz.
I can't wait for the leaked photos tbh

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kandystar For This Useful Post:
Goregyrl, gynoid, KandaPanda, SwampxLord
Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 PM
KandaPanda
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:600
male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss948
Re: Mexico Drug War's Latest Toll: 49 Headless Bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandystar View Post
I can't wait for the leaked photos tbh
that was the first thing i thought too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KandaPanda For This Useful Post:
Goregyrl, talleys
Old 05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Saw this on the news but I can't copy and paste for some reason and I am fucked if I am going to type all of that out, anyhow yes the pics should be good, 49 bodies ehh perfect DR fodder.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11935

Almost 50 bodies or so... man think of the work to do all that nonsense!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss3655

if they are bodies of cartel members/druggies/gun runners then its good riddance but if they are immigrants captured and used as a violent statement then

Old 05-17-2012, 05:07 PM
CGBB26
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:11450

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6

Ironically Mexico is pressing on with their tourism ads.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

They do all this for our business. Awwwwwwwwwwww =3

Old 05-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Goregyrl
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1152
female

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss334

Actually as soon as I saw it on the news I expected photos or videos to be here. I even told my Boyfriend that pictures would be here. I know that pictures and videos of this nature have already been uploaded on this site before. It would not surprise me at all if a member of a drug cartel posted these images in order to scare away any competition. It is very brutal and quite effective. Although horrified, I watched them anyway. I saw the news and said out loud that I would be seeing pictures or videos on this site in the near future. I wasn't even all that shocked about the deaths, just about the number of victims and that women were included. Damn. Right?

Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts