Activity Longevity
9/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss17005
Re: Mexican Vigilantes Take Back Their Town from Cartel and Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Yeah, and look how well that worked out for them
It's terrible for both sides in all these instances, most violent overthrows are.

The Syrian rebels been fighting about 3 years now, so it's safe to say they haven't been squashed by the government like a bug.

So, should we say " look how good it's worked out for the government"

No, let's recognize that freedom fighters can make a difference, I bet The Assad government gets over thrown

Old 01-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

If i was involved i'd have executed every single gang member, not one would have survived to rally and fight back. Then everyone could give high praise to Blewvane, your benevolant overlord and dictator for life. Bring on the tacos and women.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
PTSD Is My Life, Zambini
Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

No, I'm saying fight smarter, not harder. Hackers are evolving into the newest freedom fighters. You can do a hell of a lot more damage bringing the system down from within instead of trying to blow shit up all the time. The situation in the middle is east is far more complicated then what's happening in Mexico.

cupcake725, Zambini
Old 01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Read it and weep

Quote:
Cyberwarfare in the United States is a part of the American military strategy of Proactive Cyber Defence and the use of cyberwarfare as a platform for attack.[27] The new United States military strategy makes explicit that a cyberattack is casus belli just as a traditional act of war.[28]

In 2013 Cyberwarfare was, for the first time, considered a larger threat than Al Qaeda or terrorism, by many U.S. intelligence officials.[29] Representative Mike Rogers, chairman of the U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, for instance, said in late July, 2013, that “most Americans” do not realize that the United States is currently in the middle of a “cyber war.”[30]

Seriously, though, this is the direction the world is already headed in. Postmodern warfare is changing faster than ever. The only fighting chance any of us have is to understand those changes and try to keep up with them as best we can.

This is all worst case scenario outcomes, of course, but in regards to Mexico's cartel/police corruption problems I feel that if vigilante tactics like this were going to work, these issues would have been resolved long before now.

cupcake725
Old 01-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8124 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 11/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss17005

Quote:
Read it and weep

Seriously, though, this is the direction the world is already headed in. Postmodern warfare is changing faster than ever. The only fighting chance any of us have is to understand those changes and try to keep up with them as best we can.

This is all worst case scenario outcomes, of course, but in regards to Mexico's cartel/police corruption problems I feel that if vigilante tactics like this were going to work, these issues would have been resolved long before now.
I think Mexican citizens are at the breaking point and can't take much more, one side or the other is going to kill them, what do they have to lose?

They certainly have a lot to gain. I've been to mexico quite often, not much cyber anything in many areas.

We heard the same arguments about the US revolution,Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan: How can a relatively unsophisticated untrained local militia stand up to an advance, highly technical army?

It's happened, time and time again...Syria is the latest example

Throw in a few defecting Government forces, the sympathy and support of the local population and Game On!

OK cyber warfare it is:

So, do the rebels get snowden and his faction or do they stay with the government? Opps

How about the cyber geeks that designed Targets credit card system, do they go with the Government or the rebels?

How about the ones that hacked Targets cyber system, who gets them?

See what I mean?

cupcake725, invertigo
Old 01-11-2014, 02:16 PM
PTSD Is My Life
Offline:
Your Mothers Nightmare...
Poster Rank:302
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2617

Now here is something I could actually take up arms again for.

I have always championed the lesser man, the one who is fighting for their freedom and the freedom of the weeker milder people.

Kanda, Neph, Joak, lets get tooled up and see if we can make the headline a little more realistic....drug gangs are bullies and I fucking hate bullies, always have, always will.

Viva the little man, his wife and their kids.

Siegfried Sassoon

Old 01-11-2014, 04:03 PM
ices
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss3660

And we send in the SAS and Delta to deal with Syria?

Send them to Mexico please, more training opportunities, hotter women and better food than that slop in the ME.

You will confiscate enough cash and real estate and other shit to boost the UK and US economies considerably.

Call it a crusade but I am sick of these cartel fucks pouring drugs into our countries, we need to fuck them up hard.

The Following User Says Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
Zambini
Old 01-11-2014, 04:07 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
No, I'm saying fight smarter, not harder. Hackers are evolving into the newest freedom fighters. You can do a hell of a lot more damage bringing the system down from within instead of trying to blow shit up all the time. The situation in the middle is east is far more complicated then what's happening in Mexico.
I don't see where the middle east is more complicated. Just different. Again as I pointed out a couple of times before without a response from you, I don't see how the digital world is going to make things right in Mexico.

For the 3rd time I ask, what is it you think can be done digitally to help in mexico? Hack the police? Hack the cartels? Turn off their satellite tv? What? Do you have a way to hack their AK47's by satellite so that they won't fire at an opportune moment? What am I missing here?

As someone who used to spend countless hundreds of hours of studying hacking, I'm eager to know what you know that I don't. I'm just not understanding what you are saying and would really like to be able to understand your line of thinking. I'm always open to new things.

So far the only hacking I see going on in mexico is done by the cartels. They are "hacking" heads off left and right, lol!

Even after all of that, let's discuss the situations where hacking is being used to "bring down the system" as you suggest. Can you give a for instance where a hacker changed a government or truly made a difference? And on top of that, the most important part, kept his ass out of jail and didn't get caught?

I don't know if you're aware, but hacking is getting harder and harder to do without getting caught. It's pretty much impossible at this point. Especially if you are doing it from home. I would say it is impossible to be done if you have the big boys after you. Like the NSA, FBI, etc.

UNLESS you are in china, iran, north korea, etc. Then perhaps you will get away with it in certain circumstances.

Don't forget "Anonymous" wasn't so anonymous when the feds started catching up to them and arresting them.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
And we send in the SAS and Delta to deal with Syria?

Send them to Mexico please, more training opportunities, hotter women and better food than that slop in the ME.

You will confiscate enough cash and real estate and other shit to boost the UK and US economies considerably.

Call it a crusade but I am sick of these cartel fucks pouring drugs into our countries, we need to fuck them up hard.
It's not the cartels that are truly at fault for the drugs crossing the border into the U.S. It's the CIA. That's not a radical conspiracy theory, it's a fact. Do some research on it. It's interesting. Why do you think they don't want to make it harder to cross the border? Just because they love having illegal aliens here? Lol!

I recently watched a movie called "how to make money selling drugs". Very intriguing. They work their way up from the street dealer thru the kingpin, etc.

It has interviews with cops, previous cops, drug dealers from the street to the kingpin. Eminem is interviewed, 50 cent, etc.

You might be surprised who is at the VERY top and makes MANY times more on drugs than even the largest drug kingpin. SPOILER ALERT: The government!

As far as hitting the cartels and confiscating their shit, that is beyond insane. You say they should confiscate the cartels shit and make a fortune?

Lol!!! The government is WAY ahead of you and have put more forethought into that than you can imagine.

They already do that, but in a way that is never ending funding. Hit the cartels and confiscate? That's a one time thing, then that cartel is done. No more money to be had. The U.S. government knows this. That's why they gladly allow and help the drugs across the border.

Of course they have to bust one or two occasionally to make the public think they are on top of it. But that's like taking a cup out of water out of the ocean and saying, see, the tide is lower now!

They let the drug dealers here buy cars, get the cash, etc. Then they arrest them and confiscate their shit. Put them through the court system, which produces more money for corrupt cops, lawyers, judges, etc. Then put them in prison, draw funding from that, etc.

While that drug dealer is being booked into the jail, there is already another one stepping up to take his place. He will be the next financial producer for the government when they arrest him in the future.

Then you can point out on the news how many people are being busted due to drugs which scares the public and brings in more funding for the never ending drug war.

So believe me, the government is way ahead of your thinking on how to make money from drugs, lol.

As far as starting a war with the cartels in mexico, that seems like the right answer to solve it to anyone who doesn't think it through, but actually that would be the absolute most foolish way it could be handled.

That would make us look back on iraq and afghanistan as the good ole days. I could type for hours about what this would cause, but I'll try to keep it short.

You have to think, the ONLY thing that keeps cartel problems in the U.S. at a minimum now is the fact that we are their bread basket. From allowing their families into the country illegally and giving them more than our own citizens get (such as free healthcare), to making money from us from the very drugs that we are discussing here.

A war on the cartels from the U.S. would cause them to eventually get in bed with groups like al qaeda. Then they would have an open route into the U.S. Mexicans who are already in the U.S. and tied to cartels would then start doing things to hurt the U.S. that you can't imagine.

They are already EVERYWHERE here. I know of a couple of them myself, but of course am NOT friends with them. So what happens when they increase their beheadings here? It's already going on to a small degree.

Then the cartels will start to target the families of law enforcement here the same way they do in mexico. Then they will start to target people on the internet who disagree with them. I could go on for another 20 paragraphs about how bad it would be, but you get the point.

So how to best deal with the drug problem? Legalization. It's really just that simple. I like everyone else on here unless you live under a rock know and have always known people who do drugs.

I don't believe weed is a drug, but let's say from weed to heroin. I have yet to meet a single person who does or does not use drugs that says they give a single fuck whether it's illegal or not in reference to whether they should use it. In other words, if people want to use, they use. NONE of them do not use simply because it's illegal. That doesn't come into anyone's thought process.

I mean is there a single person reading this that has EVER even once heard someone say "I would like to do a drug, but it's illegal, so I won't"?

You can't control what someone puts into their body with laws. I do what I want to if it's my body. I don't use and would never use heroin, however if I choose to, that's my business, no one else's.

If I'm that stupid and am willing to risk dying with a needle in my arm like a dumb fuck, that's my business. In fact, it's elimination of the stupid and weak as far as I'm concerned. Good ole Darwanism.