Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871
Re: Mexican Vigilantes Take Back Their Town from Cartel and Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
This isn't going to last long. While the media may proclaim these guys vigilantes, the Government sees them as terrorists.
Waco and Ruby Ridge come to mind.
Gone are the days of overthrowing the government with brute force alone. If modern guerrilla warfare is going to have any chance of success it must adapt to the digital age.
Hopefully these guys don't get their asses flattened by tank.
I agree that it probably won't last long. It would be too hard to get enough people to make a long term stand. After all, they are taking on the cartels, Mexican government as well as the U.S. government who doesn't want the balance upset there.

Although, I don't see where they are trying to actually overthrow the government there as you said. It appears to be local police corruption where they are in bed with the cartels that is the people's concern.

Also, I would have to say that I don't see how doing it digitally alone will eliminate the problem. You can email your officials and the cartels all you want and nothing will change. Except a visit to your house that will end with your head being displayed in the middle of the city on a stake. At least your body will be close by though, lol. There, these people only react to physical force.

The digital world can be used to get people together (and also out who they are and get them killed by the cartels as has happened before). But at sometime, they have to remove their asses away from the computer screen and go make some change in the real world. With force, as they have done.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:55 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Snowden begs to differ

Look at it this way:
Nearly every postmodern weapon in existence today is dependent on digital technology in one way or another. Missiles are guided by computer technology, drone strikes are employed autonomously by computers and GPS systems, and domestically speaking, life as we know it would collapse without the systematic use of computers in everything from distribution of electricity to transportation. Not many people know how to survive without modern conveniences any more.
Top military analysts in the US have fully acknowledged that hackers are fast becoming some of the biggest threats to National security ever seen.
I never said that warfare should be solely digital, but to think all you need to protect yourself from tyranny is enough guys with guns on your side is dangerously naive.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20100 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss49333

Quote:
Snowden begs to differ

Look at it this way:
Nearly every postmodern weapon in existence today is dependent on digital technology in one way or another. Missiles are guided by computer technology, drone strikes are employed autonomously by computers and GPS systems, and domestically speaking, life as we know it would collapse without the systematic use of computers in everything from distribution of electricity to transportation. Not many people know how to survive without modern conveniences any more.
Top military analysts in the US have fully acknowledged that hackers are fast becoming some of the biggest threats to National security ever seen.
I never said that warfare should be solely digital, but to think all you need to protect yourself from tyranny is enough guys with guns on your side is dangerously naive.
i totally agree

invertigo
Old 01-10-2014, 07:35 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Snowden begs to differ

Look at it this way:

I'm not saying the digital world has no place in it. Also, I'm a techie, so I am quiet knowledgeable already on drones, missiles, etc. I also know very well that nothing can be done without technology these days. As far as the statement suggesting I said all you need are weapons, I REALLY don't see where you could have gotten that from what I said.

However, I did say in so many words that in some situations, they are absolutely required to get the job done. Sometimes when you reply to my posts, I don't know if I'm just not saying it plain enough, or if you're just zipping through my posts without really reading them, lol.

As far as the digital world being the solution, if you mean by using surveillance, drones shooting missiles as them, done by technology, then yes.

If you mean get on Facebook and bitch about what's going on in your Mexican hometown, as I said before, that's not just useless, it's getting people killed.

The proof is right here on this site. There are pics of people hanging from bridges dead after being tortured because they bitched on the internet.

Also, who is supposed to use this technology against them? As this very story illustrates, it's obviously not the local police because they are part of the problem. The Mexican government you say? Lol! They are WAY beyond their element.

They aren't capable of catching water in an inverted umbrella. On top of that, who know's how many of them are paid off. After all, who has the power to charge a government official that is paid off by drug lords there? Would you like take a shot at prosecuting that one? Lol. That's why it doesn't happen.

If the Mexican government was even worth it's weight in dirt, there wouldn't be countless millions of their citizens crossing the border illegally into the U.S. demanding that we give them full rights to everything that U.S. citizens are born with. And then treating us like racists if we give them any less than that. Even though, if it were Canadians crossing the border doing the same thing, we would still feel the same. It has nothing to do with race.

And for damn sure the help to save them won't come from the U.S. government. They aren't going to do anything. They are too busy making sure the drugs DO make it across the border into the U.S., lol. If the U.S. did get involved, it would be a nightmare that would make Afghanistan AND Iraq look like a vacation.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

If i was wearing a hat i would take it off to those mexicans, they have demonstrated that armed people power is the way to get shit done.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, Zambini
Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Quote:
. As far as the statement suggesting I said all you need are weapons, I REALLY don't see where you could have gotten that from what I said.
AZ, are you a Mexican vigilante? No? Then I wasn't talking about you. You have a persecution complex

Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8081 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss16925

Quote:
This isn't going to last long. While the media may proclaim these guys vigilantes, the Government sees them as terrorists.
Waco and Ruby Ridge come to mind.
Gone are the days of overthrowing the government with brute force alone. If modern guerrilla warfare is going to have any chance of success it must adapt to the digital age.
Hopefully these guys don't get their asses flattened by a tank.
The Syrians beg to differ...

Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
The Syrians beg to differ...
Granted many of them got attacked by armor as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadedwill For This Useful Post:
Zambini
Old 01-10-2014, 10:32 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
AZ, are you a Mexican vigilante? No? Then I wasn't talking about you. You have a persecution complex
You have yet to say what you meant by some of your previous posts. What exactly did you mean by saying that the way to take care of the cartel and corrupt police problems is digital (and only digital I presume from the way you worded it).

I just like to hear different opinions and would like to know your thoughts to what I said. Please review my previous reply if need be for memory refreshment.

Basically I'm wondering, how do you think it can be digitally solved and by who? I would just like to know what I am overlooking. If you can spring one on me that I haven't thought about, I want to know about it.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Zambini
Offline:
Instigator Extraordinaire
Poster Rank:53
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 8081 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss16925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadedwill View Post
Granted many of them got attacked by armor as well.
Another thing to consider is if these vigilantes are popular enough to get the army deserting to the rebel side.

After all, it is the soldiers that are being effected by the drug violence too.