Go Back  

Mentally Ill Mother Abuses 19 Day Old Son on Camera. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 08-07-2015, 06:31 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054
Re: Mentally Ill Mother Abuses 19 Day Old Son on Camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid75 View Post
But she recognized she had it and consciously made the decision to get help and not have another child. She did not harm or kill the kid, right?
My point is that not every person who has psychosis or schizophrenia or any disorder where reality is gone hurts someone. At what point do you become responsible for your behavior? She did not have to throw the baby, she could have beat her own head against the wall.
Mom's colleague did hurt her baby without realizing it at the time. She really went off the deep end; she was as insane as you can possibly get.

The Following User Says Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
morbid75
Old 08-07-2015, 08:27 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3905 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
Mom's colleague did hurt her baby without realizing it at the time. She really went off the deep end; she was as insane as you can possibly get.
What did she do to the baby?

I get everyone's point. I understand people can be out of their mind. I just think it should be guilty but insane. You are found insane and go to a mental hospital. When you are cured you go to jail because you still hurt or killed someone.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:40 AM
JasmineH1N1
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1960
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss155

Where is the innate "pull" a parent has for their child, when he/she is in need and the unwavering urge to rescue? Very cold and heartless man!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JasmineH1N1 For This Useful Post:
Amy, diamondsmiles, hooverj
Old 08-11-2015, 05:57 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

And as if that is not bad enough, she is holding another child!

Only 19 days old? He was trying to crawl away.

I could not watch the entire video either!

May she rot in Hell! Pour acid in her vagina while she hangs upside down.

Poor little thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Amy, tbone79
Old 08-11-2015, 06:03 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone79 View Post
I hope that CPS takes those children away from those 2 "parents " and never allow them to see them again. That little girl was traumatized, trying to save her baby brother from that beating. Daddy is just egging it on and, in my opinion , is just as bad as that asshole mother. Fuck 'em both...
The older child picked up the baby at one point and the cunt pushes her so the baby falls again!

I hated hearing the poor little baby cry!

Amy, tbone79
Old 08-11-2015, 06:06 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm1109 View Post
Luckily, I've never had the psychosis part but I had PP depression really bad.. Its the reason I only have one kid too.

Mine wasn't bad enough to where I wanted to hurt anybody but I defiantly could've hurt myself. BUT I got medical attention...This was 6 years ago. Now I'm perfectly happy and have an awesome 6 year old girl!
And she is a beautiful little clone of you. xx

Old 08-11-2015, 06:08 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonkfan View Post
I can't understand why anyone could do that to an infant
Nor can I. My mindset is the big people are supposed to take care of the little ones.

I won't even slap a child, not matter how old!

And children are never out of my site when they are in my care. My oldest niece now gets it.

jtonkfan, tbone79
Old 08-12-2015, 03:43 PM
spookypooky
Offline:
Spregiudicatezza è buono
Poster Rank:334
F

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2259

Mentally ill people should be sterilized first off. It is a privilege to be allowed to have children. I don't care what anyone's opinion is. If you cannot afford to have a child- don't have one. If you cannot take care of yourself you don't need kids. If you are mentally ill you need to be sterilized so that your children do not end up growing up to have to either suffer potential abuse or neglect from mental illness or the end up with the same disease.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Updates I found:

Quote:

FOX13 learned a warrant has been issued for Christian Banks, father of the newborn in a disturbing child abuse video that circulated Facebook.

Banks told FOX13 Tuesday he recorded the 13-minute video where two-week-old Christian Moore’s mother, Faith Moore, is seen throwing the infant and telling her other six-year-old daughter to throw him.

Following the ordeal, Faith was taken by Memphis police to Lakeside for a mental evaluation. She was released a short time later.

According to the warrant, Banks is wanted for two counts of Aggravated Child Abuse. Anyone who knows where Banks is can call Crime Stoppers at 901-528-CASH (901-528-2274).

Memphis police told FOX13 Banks’ warrant is because of his role in videotaping his infant child being abused.

“State law says every adult in the state of Tennessee has a responsibility to report child abuse, and failure to do so violates state law,” said Vince Higgins, spokesperson for the Shelby County District Attorney.

According to Tennessee Code 39-15-401 is a class A misdemeanor if “a parent or custodian of a child eight years of age or less commits child endangerment who knowingly exposes such child to or knowingly fails to protect such child from abuse or neglect resulting in physical injury to the child.”

Higgins told FOX13 Aggravated Child Abuse carries a sentence of between 15 and 60 years depending on if the person has more priors and what their criminal record is.

As for any possible charges against Faith, MPD Spokesperson Louis Brownlee told FOX13 that is "still ongoing."

Baby Christian’s grandmother Lily Moore spoke with FOX13 over the phone Thursday evening. She told us they decided to take her daughter Faith back to Lakeside after a minor episode earlier this week.

They have a hearing next Tuesday to determine who will receive custody of baby Christian.

This is not Banks’ first run-in with police.

In October 2007, according to an affidavit, he was charged with Domestic Assault-Bodily Harm for punching an ex-girlfriend in the face and pushing her to the ground because she ended their two month relationship.

On February 3 this year, he was charged again with Domestic Assault-Bodily Harm for hitting Faith with a phone hard enough to bruise her.

JasmineH1N1, winvens
Old 08-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708

Long but series of updates:

Quote:
The infant in a viral child abuse video suffered a fractured skull, according to the affidavit FOX13 found.

The affidavit reads that Christian Banks, who was arrested on Aggravated Child Abuse charges for Neglect and Endangerment stemming from his video recording, told police he went to see his girlfriend Faith Moore and saw a broken window and heard screaming from inside the home.

It says Banks told police he tried to get his son from the Moore who had a deflated air mattress over the infant while she was screaming statements about Satan. He also told police, according to the affidavit, Moore refused to give him the infant and that he finally picked up the infant when she threw the boy at him.

"Contrary to what the defendant told officers on the scene, Ms. Moore was praying to God while sitting on the floor covered by the mattress," reads the affidavit.

The video posted to FOX13's Facebook that Banks admitted to recording is 13 minutes long; FOX13 removed the video from its Facebook page because of the images that are disturbing to some. FOX13 did send the video to Memphis police July 20.

In the video, you can see the infant laying on the floor crying. The mother throws the child at one point and encourages another child in the room to throw the child.

The affidavit says Banks "antagonizes her by saying, 'you've done it now, you're going to jail.' At no point does he attempt to render aid to the infant or other child present. He had several opportunities to pick up the infant and leave the apartment but instead he chooses to stand there and record her continuing abuse."

"I know it took a while; I know it," said Banks' attorney William Massey, "But there was a reason it took a while, and part of the reason is because he didn't know what she had under that cover and she was hysterical."

At the end of the 13 minute video, Banks picks up the infant and leaves.

"This is really, really hard on him. He does not understand why he went in and tried to help his child, tried to rescue his child and why he is being charged," said Massey.

The affidavit says Le Bonheur Children's Hospital treated the child for an Occipital Skull fracture.

Banks will be back in court July 31 for a bond hearing. He's currently being held on $250,000 bond.

As of Tuesday, Memphis police have not charged Moore.

UPDATE Tuesday, 10 AM:

Christian Banks' attorney William Massey told FOX13 he is confused why he's being charged with child abuse when he was trying to save his newborn son.

Banks is the father who admitted to FOX13 he recorded a 13 minute video of his son being abused and thrown by the mother. He appeared briefly in court Tuesday morning.

Massey told FOX13 Banks did not know if the mother, Faith Moore, had any weapons hiding under a deflated air mattress she had while he was recording the video, which is partly why Massey told us Banks did not pick up the infant sooner. Moore was taken to Lakeside Behavioral Health System following this incident.

"Mr. Banks has no training at all handling the mentally ill," Massey later wrote to FOX13, "What he did while police were in route was what he thought was the right thing to do. When he could safely get the child, he did, and took the child to safety."

Massey added he wants to show everyone in court the full 13 minute video before any judgment is cast on Banks. FOX13 received the 13 minute video originally through Facebook and sent it to Memphis police.

"If he waited too long or made a wrong choice, is this aggravated child abuse or neglect?" Massey wrote to FOX13.

A warrant for Banks for Aggravated Child Abuse was issued Thursday. Massey told FOX13 he was with Banks when he turned himself into U.S. Marshals.

Moore's family tells FOX13 she is back at Lakeside following a minor episode. They added there is a custody hearing for the infant boy Tuesday morning.

FOX13's Sarah Bleau is at the courthouse and will continue to update this report.

-----

UPDATE Tuesday, 9:00 AM:

Custody hearing for the child seen being abused in a disturbing cell phone video.

U.S. Marshals arrested the child's father Monday on two counts of Aggravated Child Abuse.

Banks admitted to FOX13 he video taped the incident.

-----

Monday, July 27:

Memphis police confirm to FOX13 U.S. Marshals arrested Christian Banks on two counts of Aggravated Child Abuse.

Last week, FOX13 first reported Banks told us he recorded a video of his then 19-day-old son being thrown and abused by the newborn’s mother, Faith Moore. The video widely circulated on Facebook after Banks posted it.

A warrant was issued for Banks Thursday; Memphis police told FOX13 his charges stem from him recording this video.

According to Tennessee Code 37-1-403, if an adult knows a child is being abused, they are required to immediately report it or face subsequent charges.

Vince Higgins with the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office told FOX13 last week Aggravated Child Abuse carries a 15 to 60 year sentence, depending on the person’s criminal record.

The infant’s family told FOX13 they will be at a custody hearing Tuesday morning to see who will receive custody of the newborn.

They added Moore is at Lakeside Behavioral Health System following a minor episode. She was initially taken to Lakeside for a mental evaluation July 17 when the police responded to the initial abuse incident which Banks recorded.

JasmineH1N1, winvens