Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texas_Ripper View Post
Do you see me cheering for killing a retard, douche waffle? No. Simply stated that IF YOU DO THE FUCKING CRIME, WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOUR IQ IS AND YOU DESERVE TO DIE!!!!
See that all caps? Shit just got serious son! jk, but forreal, go fuck yourself!
OK, your a Texas guy right? Why is it that we shit all over other crazy Nations that kill their own people but its perfectly civilized when we kill our own? Why should we lower ourselves to their stone age mentality? You guys kill everybody, and when you get your guys ( Bush ) elected he takes that attitude towards the whole world.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By rob666:
whitewolf583
Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Lieberfrau
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2354
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss117

I find myself in the rare position of agreeing with conflicting opinions. Texas dude has a point - a bad deed should be punished.
Rob has a point, too.

Let's put it this way. "Other countries" and their stone age mentality tend to torture and kill for crimes that aren't even crimes in our book, such as being gay or choosing your own partner. Maybe religious dissent or apostasy. "Crimes" that hurt no one.
It IS stone-aged to kill someone for that, or even to incarcerate them.

However, a violent criminal can be safely assumed to present a threat to all living things in his/her wake. And if it weren't for the massive cost, any violent criminal should be permanently removed because of the threat they pose. They cause actual harm for no valid reason; they do not merely offend the sensitivities or values of others. Harming others, unlike uttering an unpopular opinion, should never go unpunished.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:10 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieberfrau View Post
I find myself in the rare position of agreeing with conflicting opinions. Texas dude has a point - a bad deed should be punished.
Rob has a point, too.

Let's put it this way. "Other countries" and their stone age mentality tend to torture and kill for crimes that aren't even crimes in our book, such as being gay or choosing your own partner. Maybe religious dissent or apostasy. "Crimes" that hurt no one.
It IS stone-aged to kill someone for that, or even to incarcerate them.

However, a violent criminal can be safely assumed to present a threat to all living things in his/her wake. And if it weren't for the massive cost, any violent criminal should be permanently removed because of the threat they pose. They cause actual harm for no valid reason; they do not merely offend the sensitivities or values of others. Harming others, unlike uttering an unpopular opinion, should never go unpunished.
Killing is killing, that is the stoneage mentality not the reasons for carrying it out..... We put people in jail for life for growing a few pot plants, are they better off dead than making us pay to house them for life? They have hurt nobody, and yet are considered so dangerous as to be locked up for life?
This whole issue of saving money through execution is nonsense, it actually costs more to execute someone through all of the appeal process & such.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss37570

I would never live in texas. I am not a criminal and would never kill another being but I do not agree how this state goes about killing people. i have read many cases where the person had no prior record and was put on death row on their first offense. Not saying texas is a bad place as I've never lived there but I don't ever intend to find out. I might jaywalk and end up on death row.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
rob666
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Flaka:
whitewolf583
Old 08-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Vincentsdream
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:3997

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss48

The longest you can be put in jail for cultivating cannabis is 20 years. That, however, requires nothing less then a large commercial value of cannabis (well over 1000 plants). So no, we don't put people in jail for life for growing a few pot plants. In fact, you would only be fined $5,500 for anything dealing with 5 or less plants.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vincentsdream For This Useful Post:
whitewolf583
Old 08-17-2012, 11:59 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincentsdream View Post
The longest you can be put in jail for cultivating cannabis is 20 years. That, however, requires nothing less then a large commercial value of cannabis (well over 1000 plants). So no, we don't put people in jail for life for growing a few pot plants. In fact, you would only be fined $5,500 for anything dealing with 5 or less plants.
In America? Not quite.
They were going to charge Marc Emery, the Editor of Cannabis Culture Magazine under a law that had life as the maximum....... Marc Emery sold marijuana seeds ONLY! He eventually pleaded down to 5 years.
State laws varies, in Texas they weigh the plant and consider that instead of the number of plants..... More than 50 lbs your looking at 99 years. You definitely don't need 1000 plants to make up 50 lbs.