Go Back  

Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #31  
Old 08-14-2012, 05:40 AM
Lieberfrau's Avatar
Lieberfrau
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2353
Female
Join Date: Jul 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss117
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
And this whole thing about removing a threat by executing someone is hogwash. Has anybody ever escaped from an American Super Max prison? Manson, the Unibomber, all of the prisioners at Gitmo?
You know how many good people could be housed where there are now prison compounds, if we just shot violent criminals in the head and be done with it? I mean, it's not like anyone HAS to commit a violent crime; it's always either a choice or a sign that your parents should've used condoms. Bed and breakfast in jail is an insult to those homeless who never hurt a fly and actually tried making a life for themselves.

Quote:
Look at how many people have been released through DNA evidence, a lot of which were even fingered by eye witness.
True; I wasn't thinking of the cost up until the actual cleanup. I was simply imagining that a bullet would probably be cheaper than potassium chloride.

Quote:
A poor black man with a handicapped IQ doesn't stand a chance.
No one who kills another person for reasons other than accident or self-defense, should stand a chance. That is, of course, when guilt/having done it for whatever reason, is actually proven. In this case it seems questioned.

Quote:
And you want to say he was too retarded to die? If he wasn't too retarded to deal drugs and be part of criminal/gang activity and murder people why the fuck should he not die?
Good point. Of course, I knew mentally handicapped people who did everything they were told, and they would have sold drugs on command, but none did any of it WELL, and drug dealing requires some basic thought and stealth etc. I think. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to mug a retarded drug dealer full of goods and/or cash?

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Vincentsdream's Avatar
Vincentsdream
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:3993
Join Date: Aug 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss48
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

In regards to "mental capacity of a 5 year old" defense. You're grossly misstating something. The man wasn't intelligent this is true. However, IQ tests only measure intelligence and not reasoning. Although he may not be as smart as a normal adult, and showed intellect of person much younger. He did not posses the cognitive functions someone in that age group. He was well past a stage of egocentric idealism. At his level of development he is more then capable of understanding right and wrong, as well as cause and effect.

You can't discredit fault on someone simply because they are incapable of understanding Algebra. You could argue for a mental facility if he showed obvious signs of an underdeveloped mental process. We're talking worse then Lennie Small from "Of Mice and Men."

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincentsdream For This Useful Post:
Lieberfrau, whitewolf583
  #33  
Old 08-14-2012, 07:28 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texas_Ripper View Post
why because we aren't a bunch of nutless liberals and actually stand up for what we believe in? Our country has become so pussified and the rest of the world laughs at our country because of that. We bend over and take it up the ass from the rest of the world and are too scared of offending you ass clowns. I'm not saying go to war with anyone but when we do go to war, we go to fucking war. Back on topic, if that man killed your family, how would you feel? Would you say, oh no, we can't kill him, he's a retard. No I bet you wouldn't. One more thing. GOD BLESS TEXAS!
Yeah, stand up and cheer for killing retarded people YEAH! Fucking clown.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Bukowski
  #34  
Old 08-14-2012, 07:30 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieberfrau View Post
You know how many good people could be housed where there are now prison compounds, if we just shot violent criminals in the head and be done with it? I mean, it's not like anyone HAS to commit a violent crime; it's always either a choice or a sign that your parents should've used condoms. Bed and breakfast in jail is an insult to those homeless who never hurt a fly and actually tried making a life for themselves.


True; I wasn't thinking of the cost up until the actual cleanup. I was simply imagining that a bullet would probably be cheaper than potassium chloride.


No one who kills another person for reasons other than accident or self-defense, should stand a chance. That is, of course, when guilt/having done it for whatever reason, is actually proven. In this case it seems questioned.


Good point. Of course, I knew mentally handicapped people who did everything they were told, and they would have sold drugs on command, but none did any of it WELL, and drug dealing requires some basic thought and stealth etc. I think. Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to mug a retarded drug dealer full of goods and/or cash?
Yeah, we should just execute everybody convicted for anything.

Take this up with someone else.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Bukowski
  #35  
Old 08-14-2012, 07:33 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincentsdream View Post
In regards to "mental capacity of a 5 year old" defense. You're grossly misstating something. The man wasn't intelligent this is true. However, IQ tests only measure intelligence and not reasoning. Although he may not be as smart as a normal adult, and showed intellect of person much younger. He did not posses the cognitive functions someone in that age group. He was well past a stage of egocentric idealism. At his level of development he is more then capable of understanding right and wrong, as well as cause and effect.

You can't discredit fault on someone simply because they are incapable of understanding Algebra. You could argue for a mental facility if he showed obvious signs of an underdeveloped mental process. We're talking worse then Lennie Small from "Of Mice and Men."

IQ and reasoning go somewhat hand in hand. If this guys IQ was measured at below what is considered mentally handicapped, chances are his reasoning isn't what a normal adults is.

Which is why America is in some very elite company when it comes to not only committing the death penalty, but doing it to retards.

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Vincentsdream's Avatar
Vincentsdream
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:3993
Join Date: Aug 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss48
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

People lose sight of several factors. Marvil Wilson was arrested after a police informant led police to his apartment where cocaine was found, the name of the informant was never given to the public or Wilson himself. After Wilson was released, he and his associate found Jerry Williams (Informant) and beat him to death because he snitched. Firstly, that shows an ability to recognize cause and effect as well as generate hypothesis. If Wilson was capable of such cognitive functions, then he understood full and well consequences, as well as societal norms.

The defense brought up his reading, writing, and math skills. They never once brought up his ability to perceive morality.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vincentsdream For This Useful Post:
Flaka, Lieberfrau, whitewolf583
  #37  
Old 08-15-2012, 01:16 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincentsdream View Post
People lose sight of several factors. Marvil Wilson was arrested after a police informant led police to his apartment where cocaine was found, the name of the informant was never given to the public or Wilson himself. After Wilson was released, he and his associate found Jerry Williams (Informant) and beat him to death because he snitched. Firstly, that shows an ability to recognize cause and effect as well as generate hypothesis. If Wilson was capable of such cognitive functions, then he understood full and well consequences, as well as societal norms.

The defense brought up his reading, writing, and math skills. They never once brought up his ability to perceive morality.
"Wilson was convicted in 1994 in the shooting death of Jerry Williams, 21, who had identified him to police as a drug dealer. His accomplice in the crime, Terry Lewis, was given life in prison with the possibility of parole, after Lewis's wife testified that Wilson confessed to pulling the trigger. No forensic evidence or eyewitness testimony established the identity of the shooter."

He was executed without any eyewitness or forensic evidence. That's a great theory that a guy with an IQ of 61 ( mentally retarded being an IQ of 70 ) was selling drugs, and had the brains to figure out who snitched him out but lets just think about that for a minute.
The key piece of evidence was the other alleged's wife, who claimed that Mr Wilson confessed to the killing to her.

Pretty weak case IMHO.

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Lieberfrau's Avatar
Lieberfrau
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2353
Female
Join Date: Jul 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss117
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

I agree the case was weak and unconvincing in terms of evidence. But if I support his penalty, I do so assuming he was guilty and including any other retarded people tried and/or convicted for similar actions. If he was innocent, then his execution is just as appalling as any other person's. Of course, framing the retard who can't say much in his defense, makes it more despicable.

Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 PM
The_Texas_Ripper's Avatar
The_Texas_Ripper
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4966
Male
Join Date: Feb 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
Yeah, stand up and cheer for killing retarded people YEAH! Fucking clown.

Do you see me cheering for killing a retard, douche waffle? No. Simply stated that IF YOU DO THE FUCKING CRIME, WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOUR IQ IS AND YOU DESERVE TO DIE!!!!
See that all caps? Shit just got serious son! jk, but forreal, go fuck yourself!

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:23 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texas_Ripper View Post
Do you see me cheering for killing a retard, douche waffle? No. Simply stated that IF YOU DO THE FUCKING CRIME, WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOUR IQ IS AND YOU DESERVE TO DIE!!!!
See that all caps? Shit just got serious son! jk, but forreal, go fuck yourself!
OK, your a Texas guy right? Why is it that we shit all over other crazy Nations that kill their own people but its perfectly civilized when we kill our own? Why should we lower ourselves to their stone age mentality? You guys kill everybody, and when you get your guys ( Bush ) elected he takes that attitude towards the whole world.

Reply With Quote
The Following Users Disliked This Post By rob666:
whitewolf583

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO