Go Back  

Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #21  
Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Lieberfrau's Avatar
Lieberfrau
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2353
Female
Join Date: Jul 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss117
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob666 View Post
You guys are sick.

The guy has the mental capacity of a 5 year old, how can you hold someone to the same standard that we hold a normal adult to? If the alternative to Capital Punishment is life in prison then how is he a threat to anybody?
Capital Punishment doesn't bring back anybody, it doesn't act as a deterrent, its just another murder.
5-year-olds (real ones) rarely kill people, that's the difference. They are no threat. They don't even have the physical capability to do much harm.

If we start with these kinds of excuses, we might as well abolish penal laws altogether. One guy is stupid, the next is desperate, and another is poor.

Also, mental capabilities of a x-year-old? What does IQ or intelligence have to do with age? I tested 137 at age 6 or 7, so the capabilities of a 5-year-old can vary greatly, meaning the comparison to a child is highly lacking considering there are dumber and smarter children at any given age. This guy had the mental capabilities of no one other than himself.

Also, capital punishment removes a threat forever, guaranteed. Unfortunately it's still expensive on the tax payer, but removing threats is the right thing to do.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lieberfrau For This Useful Post:
King Herald, whitewolf583
  #22  
Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 PM
spycosis's Avatar
spycosis
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:683
XY
Join Date: May 2010
 
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss783
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaj12 View Post
I think no matter how smart you are, you kill someone because of anything other than an accident..you should receive the same treatment.

I still can't understand why they will keep someone in prison for 70 years until they die when they know they killed someone. Save $40k a year and get it done with already..
It costs, in Texas, an average of $2.3 million to execute a prisoner, (costs incurred from trial to execution), which is roughly 3 times the amount it costs to imprison someone for 40 years at maximum security level. So the financial aspect to the argument doesn't hold water. The death penalty is about revenge, nothing more, nothing less.
-source http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spycosis For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, Bukowski, rob666
  #23  
Old 08-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Lieberfrau's Avatar
Lieberfrau
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2353
Female
Join Date: Jul 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss117
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Holy crap.

...seriously though, why not just put a bullet in them once proven guilty? So cheap, so quick, so allround efficient...

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:29 PM
FredFlintstone's Avatar
FredFlintstone
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:919
Male
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss487
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

'' Wilson was convicted in 1994 in the shooting death of Jerry Williams, 21, who had identified him to police as a drug dealer. His accomplice in the crime, Terry Lewis, was given life in prison with the possibility of parole, after Lewis's wife testified that Wilson confessed to pulling the trigger. No forensic evidence or eyewitness testimony established the identity of the shooter. ''

If there's any truth in that quote above, then the guy isn't guilty...I really hope this was the killer.

Some of you are so quick to just want to see someone dead, and that's quite sad but FUCK YEAH

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-12-2012, 09:05 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieberfrau View Post
5-year-olds (real ones) rarely kill people, that's the difference. They are no threat. They don't even have the physical capability to do much harm.

If we start with these kinds of excuses, we might as well abolish penal laws altogether. One guy is stupid, the next is desperate, and another is poor.

Also, mental capabilities of a x-year-old? What does IQ or intelligence have to do with age? I tested 137 at age 6 or 7, so the capabilities of a 5-year-old can vary greatly, meaning the comparison to a child is highly lacking considering there are dumber and smarter children at any given age. This guy had the mental capabilities of no one other than himself.

Also, capital punishment removes a threat forever, guaranteed. Unfortunately it's still expensive on the tax payer, but removing threats is the right thing to do.
By most civilized standards this man was mentally retarded, we can argue about what the normal 5 year old IQ is but who cares.
You can't compare someone with diminished mental capacity with someone poor or desperate For the same reason we don't try children in adult court.

And this whole thing about removing a threat by executing someone is hogwash. Has anybody ever escaped from an American Super Max prison? Manson, the Unibomber, all of the prisioners at Gitmo?

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Bukowski, Madikken
  #26  
Old 08-12-2012, 09:10 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieberfrau View Post
Holy crap.

...seriously though, why not just put a bullet in them once proven guilty? So cheap, so quick, so allround efficient...
Because you are only entitled to the best defense you can afford unfortunately. Look at the circumstances of this case, and then ask yourself if this was OJ Simpson with his defense team would the outcome have been different?
Look at how many people have been released through DNA evidence, a lot of which were even fingered by eye witness.

Its the best system we can have, but its not perfect and how much you can pay for your Lawyers can affect your guilt. A poor black man with a handicapped IQ doesn't stand a chance.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Bukowski, Madikken
  #27  
Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 AM
The_Texas_Ripper's Avatar
The_Texas_Ripper
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4966
Male
Join Date: Feb 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

We don't care if you're a retard or not. Do the crime, pay for it. So if a "special"(won't say retard again for you people who get offended easily, oh wait, I just did!), person murders an entire family, he shouldn't be put to death because he is an idiot? literally? I say fuck that noise! The great Samuel L. Jackson once said. "YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!!!!"

p.s. I'd rather bring back the noose and tree and hang'em!

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Texas_Ripper For This Useful Post:
Lieberfrau, whitewolf583
  #28  
Old 08-13-2012, 10:16 PM
rob666's Avatar
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texas_Ripper View Post
We don't care if you're a retard or not. Do the crime, pay for it. So if a "special"(won't say retard again for you people who get offended easily, oh wait, I just did!), person murders an entire family, he shouldn't be put to death because he is an idiot? literally? I say fuck that noise! The great Samuel L. Jackson once said. "YES THEY DESERVED TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!!!!"

p.s. I'd rather bring back the noose and tree and hang'em!
This is why the rest of the world shakes its head at Texas.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
Bukowski
  #29  
Old 08-14-2012, 12:46 AM
The_Texas_Ripper's Avatar
The_Texas_Ripper
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4966
Male
Join Date: Feb 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

why because we aren't a bunch of nutless liberals and actually stand up for what we believe in? Our country has become so pussified and the rest of the world laughs at our country because of that. We bend over and take it up the ass from the rest of the world and are too scared of offending you ass clowns. I'm not saying go to war with anyone but when we do go to war, we go to fucking war. Back on topic, if that man killed your family, how would you feel? Would you say, oh no, we can't kill him, he's a retard. No I bet you wouldn't. One more thing. GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Texas_Ripper For This Useful Post:
soonerpimp, Sybil, whitewolf583
  #30  
Old 08-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Dennislp3's Avatar
Dennislp3
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:550
Join Date: Jan 2010
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1105
Re: Marvin Wilson Execution: Texas Puts Man With 61 IQ To Death

He was a drug dealer...

And you want to say he was too retarded to die? If he wasn't too retarded to deal drugs and be part of criminal/gang activity and murder people why the fuck should he not die?

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennislp3 For This Useful Post:
The_Texas_Ripper

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO