Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss341
Re: Marijuana Use Linked to Psychotic Disorders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BICHOFELIX View Post
I have been smoking weed since I was 17,now 35 and I feel the same..No brain damage or psychosis symtoms.
lol

Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Interesting article. I don't know if I agree with some of that dudes logic though.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM
chefbob09
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:243
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3577

i dont seem to be TOO psycotic. Any one want a reefer of A-Class bud? Cannabis cup winning strain!

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Bleh.jpg  

Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

That's a lot of sticky icky

Old 04-13-2011, 04:37 PM
ChockFullOfChock
Offline:
Madonna vergine bugiarda.
Poster Rank:301
Male

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2628

What's that, about 10 ounces or more? That'd take weeks to smoke.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Softballmama13
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:183
female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5301

My husband is 52 yrs. old and has smoked pot religiously since he was 15,He's fine with the smoke, but it's the alcohol that I have noticed A big change in his thinking pattern's in the past couple of year's.Kinda scary when he's alway's saying "We talked about this yesterday, or the other day! Don't you remember?"And there was no said discussion between us,That bother's me!

Old 04-13-2011, 09:49 PM
observant
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5050

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BICHOFELIX View Post
I have been smoking weed since I was 17,now 35 and I feel the same..No brain damage or psychosis symtoms.
My childhood best friend would say the exact same thing. -Except he's crazy, and he wasn't always that way.

We used to have political and ideological debates, as well as humorous ones regarding the events and people in our lives. He started smoking weed at 16.

-By 18 he was noticeably aggressive when making his points, and any attempt to disagree with him was taken as attack on his character. He'd claim to have looked things up despite the fact that we'd be discussing a entirely new topic, and if I wanted to see the evidence he was honestly offended; as if i was calling him a liar. This was an unreasonable offense, in that we used to look everything up. Furthermore, he did really believe to already have looked EVERYTHING up.

-By 20 he'd had a nervous breakdown, as a result of no one ever believing him. Our conversations always seemed to be centered on what was happening in his life; or rather what people were doing to him in his life. And they were always doing it just to get him, and he knew that he knew he was right.

-By 22, any attempt to have a real conversation with him is simply an attempt to re-connect. He claims to have come up with every popular song and movie theme, and believes that he changed the world. I tried to move forward in that conversation by saying that Mark Zuckerberg "also" changed the world by creating Facebook, and within 5mins of that statement, he told me that HE created Facebook.

Thus, I definitely agree that Marijuana is linked to Psychotic Disorders. He went from being a socially respected star athlete who aced philosophy and dated hot girls, to being a mad man. Oh, and his family has no history of mental problems.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
666baphomet
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1448

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss243

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Nephilim View Post
Study after study has shown that marijuana is effective at actually treating certain psychological disorders such as depression, OCD, anxiety, panic attacks, and bipolar.
As an Obsessive Compulsive myself I can vouch for that, it's why I love the stuff so much, it levels me when I get anxious and can relieve a really annoying physical tic I have. Doesn't stop it but I do it far less (and if high enough I forgot completely and don't do it at all).

Old 04-14-2011, 10:10 AM
666baphomet
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1448

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss243

Quote:
Originally Posted by observant View Post
My childhood best friend would say the exact same thing. -Except he's crazy, and he wasn't always that way.

We used to have political and ideological debates, as well as humorous ones regarding the events and people in our lives. He started smoking weed at 16.

-By 18 he was noticeably aggressive when making his points, and any attempt to disagree with him was taken as attack on his character. He'd claim to have looked things up despite the fact that we'd be discussing a entirely new topic, and if I wanted to see the evidence he was honestly offended; as if i was calling him a liar. This was an unreasonable offense, in that we used to look everything up. Furthermore, he did really believe to already have looked EVERYTHING up.

-By 20 he'd had a nervous breakdown, as a result of no one ever believing him. Our conversations always seemed to be centered on what was happening in his life; or rather what people were doing to him in his life. And they were always doing it just to get him, and he knew that he knew he was right.

-By 22, any attempt to have a real conversation with him is simply an attempt to re-connect. He claims to have come up with every popular song and movie theme, and believes that he changed the world. I tried to move forward in that conversation by saying that Mark Zuckerberg "also" changed the world by creating Facebook, and within 5mins of that statement, he told me that HE created Facebook.

Thus, I definitely agree that Marijuana is linked to Psychotic Disorders. He went from being a socially respected star athlete who aced philosophy and dated hot girls, to being a mad man. Oh, and his family has no history of mental problems.
The one case wonder aye. Each of us smokers knows a hundred people who have smoked most of their lives and never recieved a negative effect, and don't know anyone who has experienced a psychotic episode. There doesn't have to be a history of mental illness for someone to be predisposed, it just makes it more likely. I'm sure you know all about recessive and dominant genes, so why are you being so conveniently obtuse?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Adora
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:956
feline

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss462

Thanks for posting, I'm going to show this to some friends that don't mind smoking marijuana.