Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378
Re: Man Shoots Own Son in 'burglary'

Oh dear God That's really tragic, whetever the circumstances. That poor father will never get over his fatal error

Old 09-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378

Quote:
Mr Giuliano confronted a person wearing a black balaclava and black clothing, and fired his gun when the person lunged at him with "a shiny weapon".
Silly silly boy doing that even as a joke Oh I feel bad for these people

Old 09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61174

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemd View Post
could have been a prank gone horribly horribly wrong.
my thoughts as well.

he carried a knife btw

Quote:
Tyler was a student at New Fairfield High School and a Civil Air Patrol cadet. Some of those who knew him said he enjoyed spending time with family and flying gliders and small planes. He was adopted by Giuliano and his wife a few years ago, friends said.

One classmate said many students were baffled by what happened.

"I just thought it was so weird when I heard because I knew Tyler, not very well, but he was just a sweet person and he always made everyone laugh.

I met him in the chorus room, actually, and he just wasn't the type to do what happened," said Erin Pallas, 16. "So it didn't make sense to us. It doesn't make sense to the student body."

Brett Rasile, a 14-year-old friend, said he and Tyler were playing an online game called Minecraft while talking and laughing together via Skype until about 10 p.m. Wednesday, when Tyler said he had to go to bed. Brett said Tyler wasn't in any trouble that he knew of, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"Same old Tyler. He was perfectly fine," Brett said. "He didn't really leave any evidence, any hints towards what he would do."

Attached Images

Old 09-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Mdcastle
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5777

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25

Running around in the dark one someone else's property with a knife while wearing a mask is so funny and always ends well....

My thought is that it really was a burglary attempt, the son chose a relatives house because he knew what was there that was worth stealing, and tried to diguise himself with a mask so the relative wouldn't reckonize him. The son charged on the father and the father fired because being full of adrenaline in the dark isn't very conductive to identification or rational decision making.

The next state over from me there was another incident. Police raided a kegger and a teen hid on his neighbors porch trying to avoid getting a MIP. The neighbor shot the teen dead assuming he was a burglar and the media was all over what a bad guy the homeowner was for shooting an intruder without playing asking "hey, are you a burgler or a stupid kid?" first.