Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Re: Man Shoots Himself in the Ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texas_Ripper View Post
Oh, yes sir. Bit me right in the buttocks. They said it was a million dollar wound, but the army must keep that money 'cause I still haven't seen a nickel of that million dollars. - Forest Gump
lol.. thats funny--your avatar kinda reminds me of Forrest Gump as well.. no disrespect if thats you.

I wish i had a smile that great.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520

I like the title of the thread.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:06 AM
The_Texas_Ripper
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4966
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
lol.. thats funny--your avatar kinda reminds me of Forrest Gump as well.. no disrespect if thats you.

I wish i had a smile that great.
Well you can have your opinion but that smile gets me ass so come on with it! lol

Old 08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
paingiver
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3625
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss56

Please enlighten me as to why this man is stupid. Is it because he brought a gun to a theater to protect himself after there was just a mass slaying at one? Or is it because he dropped it on the floor and it shot him? Or is it the fact he had to have one in the chamber for it to happen. Just curious were all these comments are directed.

The Following User Says Thank You to paingiver For This Useful Post:
Monoxide
Old 08-20-2012, 03:54 PM
petedeamon
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:377
yes

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1919

Idiots with firearms. The fools with concealed carry identification worry me more than the stupid criminals. The chances of someone being struck by a misjudged round (From a well intentioned citizen) is quite likely. Most have no combat experience (I have) and in critical situations untrained people make very deadly mistakes. The fact that one of these "Crusaders" shot himself in the buttock should be proof enough that unproven citizens should not have a concealed carry.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51364

Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 PM
paingiver
Offline:
Poster Rank:3625
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss56

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedeamon View Post
Idiots with firearms. The fools with concealed carry identification worry me more than the stupid criminals. The chances of someone being struck by a misjudged round (From a well intentioned citizen) is quite likely. Most have no combat experience (I have) and in critical situations untrained people make very deadly mistakes. The fact that one of these "Crusaders" shot himself in the buttock should be proof enough that unproven citizens should not have a concealed carry.
I find it hard to believe a person with combat experience or someone with out for that matter would be more worried of a legally armed citizen than a criminal with the actual intent to harm you. I also don't think its right that a well intended soldier kills a innocent person but it happens a hell of a lot more than a citizen killed by another legally armed one. Its called collateral damage when the government does it and murder when a citizen defending themselves does it for the same reason. So the fact that a accident occurred which they do frequently a citizen is automatically a fool, idiot and "Crusader" and needs to prove themselves? How should they prove themselves? They had to apply and pay for a concealed carry permit which no one with a felony may possess. Also how are you to judge that someone is unfit or fit to carry a weapon? Even if you would mandate a class on firearms, take tests, have a psychological evaluation, proper training and make the gun purchaser foot the bill. Accidents still will happen and people will still go on unannounced rampages with a fit bill of mental health and being trained by the military or not. The only foolish thing I see that this "Crusader" has done is have a round in the chamber and in the case it was a revolver have the safety off and that I agree is a idiots move which he immediate paid for via karma in his ass. Please don't use isolated incidents to stereotype all people based on one persons actions. Not only is it a ignorant thing to do it is not at all a correct statement. How would you feel if someone would group you in to a category based on another's actions?

The Following User Says Thank You to paingiver For This Useful Post:
Monoxide
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texas_Ripper View Post
Well you can have your opinion but that smile gets me ass so come on with it! lol
yea that was a (as manly as possible) compliment on your smile, but at the same time you kinda resemble a young Tom Hanks.. is that a prison uniform you got on?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:06 PM
econobox
Offline:
Poster Rank:3565

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss57

Quote:
Originally Posted by paingiver View Post
The only foolish thing I see that this "Crusader" has done is have a round in the chamber and in the case it was a revolver have the safety off and that I agree is a idiots move which he immediate paid for via karma in his ass.
Modern firearms are REQUIRED to be "drop safe" (IIRC, part of the gun control act of 1968). If an autoloader, round in the chamber and hammer down is SOP. If a revolver, there is no manual safety, just an internal "transfer bar" that completes the "striker chain" from the hammer to the firing pin only when the trigger is pulled. If an older revolver without a transfer bar (i.e. Old West "Peacemaker"), SOP is to carry "5 beans in the wheel", with the hammer resting on an empty chamber.

Dumbass moves on the part of the shooter/victim:
1. Failing to ensure his weapon was drop-safe.
2. Failing to ensure his weapon was carried securely. Sounds like he had it stuck in his belt rather than carried in a holster. With a proper holster, it wouldn't have fallen out, and #1 would have been irrelevant.

He's lucky he accidentally shot HIMSELF - law is likely to go easier on him than if the dropped gun had shot somebody else, since in this case his carelessness created the RISK of harm to others, rather than actually harming them.

The Following User Says Thank You to econobox For This Useful Post:
paingiver
Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by econobox View Post
Modern firearms are REQUIRED to be "drop safe" (IIRC, part of the gun control act of 1968). If an autoloader, round in the chamber and hammer down is SOP. If a revolver, there is no manual safety, just an internal "transfer bar" that completes the "striker chain" from the hammer to the firing pin only when the trigger is pulled. If an older revolver without a transfer bar (i.e. Old West "Peacemaker"), SOP is to carry "5 beans in the wheel", with the hammer resting on an empty chamber.

Dumbass moves on the part of the shooter/victim:
1. Failing to ensure his weapon was drop-safe.
2. Failing to ensure his weapon was carried securely. Sounds like he had it stuck in his belt rather than carried in a holster. With a proper holster, it wouldn't have fallen out, and #1 would have been irrelevant.

He's lucky he accidentally shot HIMSELF - law is likely to go easier on him than if the dropped gun had shot somebody else, since in this case his carelessness created the RISK of harm to others, rather than actually harming them.
sorry, offtopic-- but i glanced to the side after reading your post(i always do that) and saw your longevity is maxed out but your posts is well under 100.. then the Holy Fuck hit me.. youre the first person ive seen who has "2006" as join date.. here i thought it only went back as far as 2009.

nice post.. thanks for the gun info.