Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1744
Man Saves Dog Suffered from Stroke

CPR

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 hund.mp4(65.04 MB, 116 views)
Old 03-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Eaton
Offline:
Eaton the Pooh
Poster Rank:52

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17038
Re: Man Saves Dog Suffered from Stroke

Nice!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 AM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:583

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

wow! that guy knew exactly what he was doing! lucky for that dog he was nearby.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:31 AM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

here is more info if anyone is interested....

A well-known Tacoma area dog trainer and instructor didn’t just give a 4-year-old Boxer named Sugar an obedience lesson last week.

He also brought the dog back to life.

Ron Pace, 54, who owns Canyon Crest K9 Training Center in the Summit/Waller Road area, used a version of CPR to get Sugar breathing again after the dog had a seizure during class last Saturday.

The whole thing was caught on video, earning Pace and Sugar’s owner, Tiffany Kauth of Bremerton, several interview requests, a measure of Internet fame and thousands of views on You Tube.

“It’s happening really fast,” said Kauth, 29, by phone Wednesday as Sugar — who’s on medication now and doing fine — took a nap nearby.

Pace said he’s happy the pooch is OK.

He’s dedicated his life to working with dogs and says it was “very traumatic” watching Sugar’s seizure.

In the 7 minute, 52 second video, which picks up after the seizure with Sugar limp on the ground, Pace appears calm and collected.

He checks the dog’s airway and tries to help him breathe. He does chest compressions.

Finally, Sugar moves. Eventually, he’s able to stand.

Kauth, who’s visibly upset in the video, said she was terrified her beloved dog was going to die. He was rushed to a veterinarian and has been diagnosed with a heart problem, for which he’s being treated, she said.

She’s grateful to Pace, she said. She and Sugar have worked with him for several years.

“(Sugar) is a big part of my everyday life,” Kauth said. “There would be a big hole if he wasn’t there.”

Pace has been in the dog training business 34 years and jokes that if he dies and comes back, “I’ll probably be a German Shepherd.”

He helped start the Tacoma Police K9 program, and also started a program that trains service dogs to assist people with diabetes.

He said his instincts kicked in when he saw Sugar hit the ground.

He’s a little overwhelmed by the attention he’s received as a result.

“Emails are coming in every five minutes, Facebook posts. It’s pretty amazing how quickly it can spread now a days,” Pace said. “I feel good. We have a dog that’s living, and a great human being who’s doing a marvelous job with her dog. She’ll get to enjoy him a whole lot more.”

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/stree...dog-using-cpr/

Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 AM
TwistedPrincess
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1008

shit... found more info...

The 4-year-old boxer named Sugar who gained Internet fame after he was revived by a Tacoma-area dog trainer - and the whole thing was caught on video - has died.

Sugar had a heart problem and apparently collapsed again Monday.

"CPR didn't work this time," said his owner, Tiffany Kauth of Bremerton, in a message confirming his death.

She said she was too upset to talk further.

Sugar first collapsed during an obedience class March 5 at Canyon Crest K9 Training Center in the Summit/Waller Road area. The center's owner, Ron Pace, a well-known dog trainer, used CPR to get him breathing again.

The incident was captured in a seven-minute, 52-second video that was widely circulated on the Internet.

Sugar was rushed to the veterinarian and began treatment for a previously undetected heart problem.

Pace, who spoke with Kauth after learning the news, said she was devoted to her dog.

It was 10 days from his collapse in class to his death, and "she said she treated him like a king and had a lot of fun with him the last 10 days," Pace said. "She was happy to be able to get those 10 days."

But "I wish she would have had many more years," he said. "That's what I was hoping."

http://www.canyoncrestk9.com/videos.php