Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Man Rescues Drowning Family Who then Leave While He Drowns

July 3rd evening, on the banks of the river in Loudi City Sunshuihe Park, when Deng Jinjie’s body was brought ashore, both shores were crowded with hundreds and thousands of city residents who had heard what happened. His two dogs were still waiting anxiously outside of the crowds for their master to take them home, but Deng Jinjie who loved his dogs as much as his own life will never again be able to take care of them.

An hour earlier, in order to save a family of three from drowning, 27-year-old Deng Jinjie had jumped into the river without regard for his personal danger. Unfortunately, he ran out of strength and was swallowed by the rapid river waters. What makes people bitterly disappointed is that, just as Deng Jinjie was in danger and whether he was alive or dead was unknown, not only did the family of three that he rescued not actively try to help, they also didn’t stick around to see what would happen, instead indifferently choosing to leave…

At about 6:30pm that day, when this reporter arrived at the scene, family and friends of the drowned rescuer were waiting on the riverbank for the results of the dredging, while a wooden salvage boat could been seen searching in the middle of the river. About fifteen minutes later, the deceased was dredged up and brought ashore, placed at the side of the river bank.

According to a woman surnamed Fu, when the incident happened, she had been taking a stroll less than 100 meters away. “I saw the family of three had been swimming in the river for some time. The couple were swimming in the shallow water dozens of meters away from their child, and the kid was around 5 years old, wearing a life ring/an innertube. The life ring kept traveling downstream. Perhaps seeing that their child was in trouble, the couple called for help from the riverbanks after unsuccessfully trying to save the child themselves.” Ms. Fu said, “Seeing the kid drowning, the young man didn’t even stop to think and immediately jumped into the river to help, but at that moment the river waters were rapid, and maybe because he had inhaled some water, soon he himself was in trouble.”

According to witnesses at the scene, on the afternoon of July 3rd, the rescuer Deng Jinjie had come to the Sunshuihe river banks to walk his dogs. Upon suddenly hearing someone crying for help in the middle of the river and without stopping to take off his pants and shoes, Deng Jinjie jumped into the river. Under his lead, two other city residents also joined the rescue. Not until the family of three was rescued ashore did everyone suddenly realize that Deng Jinjie, who one who took the lead in the rescue, had disappeared.

When people at the scene realized the situation wasn’t looking good, in the midst of the panic, some people dialed 110 and 120 while some people who were good at swimming went into the river themselves to search for Deng Jinjie.

The police of the Loudi City Fire Department arrived at the scene after receiving the report, and sparing no effort, they began the search. But having been underwater for too long, Deng Jinjie was already dead when he was brought ashore.

Louxing District resident Kang Ling: I arrived at the scene at past 9 that night. A friend and I were taking a stroll at Sunshui River, when we suddenly heard crying, and went down to take a look. What makes me really angry is that, I heard that when the family of three was leaving, the gathering onlookers said, “the person who saved you is still in the water, how can you leave?” and the wife of the family of three actually said “none of my damn business”, and then they drove away.

This reporters learned that Deng Jinjie, 27 this year, was from Loudi City Louxing District Chayuan Town Tangqun Village, was an kind and warmhearted man.

Deng Jinjie worked at a construction site, and his biggest hobby was raising his pet dogs. In dog owners circles of Loudi, almost everyone knows his name. “He kept 16 pure bred dogs at the cotton mill, including Border Collie and Samoyed. After work, he walked his dogs at Sunshui riverside.”

http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/stori...he-drowns.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
candymosh, DeeMarieGK, diamondsmiles, luciddrmr, Seven Of Nine
Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Man Rescues Drowning Family Who then Leave While He Drowns

July 3rd evening, on the banks of the river in Loudi City Sunshuihe Park, when Deng Jinjie’s body was brought ashore, both shores were crowded with hundreds and thousands of city residents who had heard what happened. His two dogs were still waiting anxiously outside of the crowds for their master to take them home, but Deng Jinjie who loved his dogs as much as his own life will never again be able to take care of them.

An hour earlier, in order to save a family of three from drowning, 27-year-old Deng Jinjie had jumped into the river without regard for his personal danger. Unfortunately, he ran out of strength and was swallowed by the rapid river waters. What makes people bitterly disappointed is that, just as Deng Jinjie was in danger and whether he was alive or dead was unknown, not only did the family of three that he rescued not actively try to help, they also didn’t stick around to see what would happen, instead indifferently choosing to leave…

At about 6:30pm that day, when this reporter arrived at the scene, family and friends of the drowned rescuer were waiting on the riverbank for the results of the dredging, while a wooden salvage boat could been seen searching in the middle of the river. About fifteen minutes later, the deceased was dredged up and brought ashore, placed at the side of the river bank.

According to a woman surnamed Fu, when the incident happened, she had been taking a stroll less than 100 meters away. “I saw the family of three had been swimming in the river for some time. The couple were swimming in the shallow water dozens of meters away from their child, and the kid was around 5 years old, wearing a life ring/an innertube. The life ring kept traveling downstream. Perhaps seeing that their child was in trouble, the couple called for help from the riverbanks after unsuccessfully trying to save the child themselves.” Ms. Fu said, “Seeing the kid drowning, the young man didn’t even stop to think and immediately jumped into the river to help, but at that moment the river waters were rapid, and maybe because he had inhaled some water, soon he himself was in trouble.”

According to witnesses at the scene, on the afternoon of July 3rd, the rescuer Deng Jinjie had come to the Sunshuihe river banks to walk his dogs. Upon suddenly hearing someone crying for help in the middle of the river and without stopping to take off his pants and shoes, Deng Jinjie jumped into the river. Under his lead, two other city residents also joined the rescue. Not until the family of three was rescued ashore did everyone suddenly realize that Deng Jinjie, who one who took the lead in the rescue, had disappeared.

When people at the scene realized the situation wasn’t looking good, in the midst of the panic, some people dialed 110 and 120 while some people who were good at swimming went into the river themselves to search for Deng Jinjie.

The police of the Loudi City Fire Department arrived at the scene after receiving the report, and sparing no effort, they began the search. But having been underwater for too long, Deng Jinjie was already dead when he was brought ashore.

Louxing District resident Kang Ling: I arrived at the scene at past 9 that night. A friend and I were taking a stroll at Sunshui River, when we suddenly heard crying, and went down to take a look. What makes me really angry is that, I heard that when the family of three was leaving, the gathering onlookers said, “the person who saved you is still in the water, how can you leave?” and the wife of the family of three actually said “none of my damn business”, and then they drove away.

This reporters learned that Deng Jinjie, 27 this year, was from Loudi City Louxing District Chayuan Town Tangqun Village, was an kind and warmhearted man.

Deng Jinjie worked at a construction site, and his biggest hobby was raising his pet dogs. In dog owners circles of Loudi, almost everyone knows his name. “He kept 16 pure bred dogs at the cotton mill, including Border Collie and Samoyed. After work, he walked his dogs at Sunshui riverside.”

http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/stori...he-drowns.html

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
candymosh, diamondsmiles, Faline, gatagato, K9Grip, Karma
Old 07-11-2012, 04:58 PM
NeckKnifeWarrior
Offline:
cawk master
Poster Rank:132
MALE!
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7600
Re: Man Rescues Drowning Family Who then Leave While He Drowns

assholes, I feel really bad for the dogs, as IK if i died my dog would prob jump off a cliff, my dog loves me to death. I feel so sorry :(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeckKnifeWarrior For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, luciddrmr
Old 07-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Old 07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Karma bitches.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, diamondsmiles, Oswald2001
Old 07-11-2012, 05:40 PM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:163
Female

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6035

Aww no. What a selfless thing to do. They do say 'only the good die young' and it seems to be so. Good and kind hearted is how he was described. If he'd have been a heartless bastard the family would have drowned and he would be alive. Have to hope that whatever place he is it's better than this one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karma For This Useful Post:
coxx315, deathlypale, diamondsmiles, Seven Of Nine
Old 07-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

wow

Old 07-11-2012, 08:47 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

This is exactly why people hesitate to get involved! What a bunch of selfish pricks! May they rot in Hell!

He should have made it, "none of his business", like the bitch he saved said.

16 dogs with no father anymore! Very very sad!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, K9Grip
Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 PM
blue devil
Offline:
on the outside looking in
Poster Rank:222
male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3966

He gave his life in a selfless act of bravery for a family he had never met. I hope the community remembers him well and helps the dogs he cared for. As for the family leaving like they did, they get to live with the shame of knowing they were at fault for the event. RIP. You died a hero.

candymosh, diamondsmiles, K9Grip, Karma
Old 07-11-2012, 10:22 PM
PinkFG2_K20
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:965
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss457

WOW...I would almost say I cannot believe that but sadly I can.

The Following User Says Thank You to PinkFG2_K20 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles