Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3966
Man Kills 3, Himself in Southern California Shooting Spree

Quote:
(CNN) -- In the middle of a shooting spree that killed three people and unleashed terror on Southern California motorists Tuesday morning, Ali Syed told one of his carjacking victims to walk away, police say.

"Mr. Syed ... said, 'I don't want to hurt you, I killed somebody. Today's my last day. Give me your keys,' " Tustin Police Chief Scott Jordan told reporters.

According to preliminary accounts from police, Syed, 20, didn't intentionally spare another target.

Police say they believe Syed, a part-time college student, fatally shot a woman at his family's Ladera Ranch home before killing two other people -- including a senior citizen executed outside his vehicle -- and wounding three others as he fired a shotgun at Orange County motorists on the Costa Mesa Freeway and committed three carjackings.

The spree ended when Syed died after he turned his gun on himself as police approached on a road north of Tustin, authorities say.

The Orange County Sheriff's Department says it was called to the Ladera Ranch home, where Syed lived with his parents, on a report of shots fired about 4:45 a.m. PT.

A woman in her 20s was found dead there. Police said she wasn't related to Syed, but they didn't release her name, and they said they didn't know why she was at the home.

Syed left the home in his parents' SUV, police said. About 25 minutes after that police call and 20 miles to the northwest, Syed drove into a Denny's and Big Lots parking lot in Tustin, exited the vehicle and shot a driver in the back of the head, Jordan said.

The wounded motorist -- a man who was waiting for his son to carpool with him to work -- managed to drive away before stopping near an overpass, Jordan said. The victim was being treated Tuesday, police said.

That's when Syed, whose SUV had a flat tire, approached the man he would spare. Syed ran toward the man at a nearby gas station, took his keys and drove the pickup truck away without firing at him, Jordan said.

Syed then drove south on the Costa Mesa Freeway, exited onto a transition road, got out of the vehicle and fired a shotgun at southbound vehicles on the freeway, hitting three vehicles, police said.

One of the freeway drivers was wounded in the hand and face, but investigators don't know whether the wounds were from shotgun rounds or debris, according to Jordan.

Police said Syed then drove to nearby Santa Ana, crashing the pickup into a curb on a freeway off-ramp. There, he pointed the shotgun at Melvin L. Edwards, 69, of Laguna Hills, who was in a BMW at a stop sign.

"Syed ... got (Edwards) out of the car at gunpoint, walked him across the road and executed him -- shot him three times," Jordan said.

Syed drove Edwards' BMW to the parking lot of a Tustin-area Micro Center computer store, where police said he found his next two shooting victims.

Syed shot and killed Jeremy Lewis, 26, of Fullerton, who was in a vehicle in the lot, police said. Lewis had worked at a construction site across the street.

People from the construction site then approached, and Syed shot and wounded one of them in the arm, Jordan said. Syed entered that person's vehicle and drove north on the Costa Mesa Freeway before exiting again.

By that time, authorities had received many phone calls about the shootings, and California Highway Patrol officers found Syed driving at an intersection about 5 miles north of Tustin, Jordan said.

Syed exited the vehicle as it slowly rolled near the intersection, according to police.

"There really wasn't a confrontation at that very end," Jordan said. "As soon as he got out of his vehicle, before it actually came to a complete stop, he shot and killed himself," Jordan said.

Syed was unemployed and taking one class at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, an Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman said.

Police said they're trying to determine what led to the shootings, and that they didn't yet know of a motive.

Thread Contributions
gun1.jpg  

gun2.jpg  

syed.jpg  

syed2.jpg  

syed1.jpg  

syed3.jpg  

syed4.jpg  

syed5.jpg  

syed6.jpg  

syed7.jpg  

syed9.jpg  

Contributors to this thread: pbaj12 (14), Megamel29 (6)
kellyhound
Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Man Kills 3, Himself in Southern California Shooting Spree

Why, why, why do some people insist on killing others before they kill themselves?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Blu, blue devil, pbaj12
Old 02-20-2013, 01:56 AM
InbredMidget
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1249

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss298

only 3?

Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Either this is yet another false flag or they're just reporting most of the spree shootings. America is a BIG place. The media can push any agenda. By just reporting every single car jacking or suicide by gun they can trick ppl into believing they're on the rise when in fact they may be less then last years but just reported more this year. Make sense?

LOL Besides, that's Diane Frankenstein's state and they already have a crime bill limiting mag size and type of weapons. Its good to see the bill actually reducing crime and spree killers, oh no wait....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
blue devil, Kanda444, pbaj12
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:887
Contributions: 14

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss523

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
Either this is yet another false flag or they're just reporting most of the spree shootings. America is a BIG place. The media can push any agenda. By just reporting every single car jacking or suicide by gun they can trick ppl into believing they're on the rise when in fact they may be less then last years but just reported more this year. Make sense?

LOL Besides, that's Diane Frankenstein's state and they already have a crime bill limiting mag size and type of weapons. Its good to see the bill actually reducing crime and spree killers, oh no wait....
I think the media is focusing on it more because suddenly everyone cares after Newtown.

Magazine size ban is useless because you can still get them in parts, it's just illegal to assemble them..which if you're going on a rampage or something illegal, you probably don't care.

Even if the 2013 Assault Weapons ban went into effect a month ago this wouldn't have been prevented. The gun wasn't his. The guy had no history of mental illness or criminal record so he could have got the same gun himself if he wanted. The gun he used looks like a Mossberg 590 to me. Pump action shotguns would be exempt from the AWB. A lot of these gun laws are just feel good legislation to make some people feel* safer.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
gun1.jpg  

gun2.jpg  

mos590.png  

The Following User Says Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
blue devil
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM
pbaj12
Offline:

Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss523

Some pics.

The white guys were victims. Melvin Lee Edwards, 69, was on his way to work, Syed pulled him out of his car and shot him 3 times. Jeremy Lewis, 26, was sitting in his truck and Syed shot him and took his truck.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
syed.jpg  

syed1.jpg  

syed2.jpg  

syed3.jpg  

syed4.jpg  

syed5.jpg  

syed6.jpg  

syed7.jpg  

syed8.jpg  

vic1.jpeg  

syed9.jpg  

Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
blue devil
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
pbaj12
Offline:

Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss523
Contribution to the thread by pbaj12:

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

syed.jpg

syed2.jpg

syed1.jpg

syed3.jpg

syed4.jpg

syed5.jpg

syed6.jpg

syed7.jpg

syed9.jpg

Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
blue devil
Offline:
on the outside looking in
Poster Rank:222
male

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3966

Thanks for the addition of the pics, pbaj12.

pbaj12
Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

More info on the first victim, the one killed at the shooter's house.

http://www.lariatnews.com/ali-syed-s...7#.USojBHDm3jb

Ali Syed's first victim, Courtney Aoki, was allegedly pregnant at the time of death

Courtney Aoki was allegedly two months pregnant the morning of her murder, according to 23-year-old Danni Wood of Long Beach, Calif.
Saddleback student, Ali Syed, 20, went on a shooting rampage in Orange County Tuesday morning according to police officials. Aoki was Syed's first victim according to police.
Friends said they were shocked to hear about the death of their close friend.
"Baby sister was everything to me," Wood said. "I could talk to her about everything."
Wood refers to herself not just as a close friend but as a "big sister."
According to authorities there were rumors of Aoki being a stripper. Aoki's 22-year-old ex-boyfriend Roger Azevedo, a resident of Eatonton, Ga., and Wood confirmed that she stripped and also offered erotic services for clientele.
Azevedo and Wood told the Lariat that they told her multiple times that she didn't need to continue these services saying she was outgoing and very loving.
Wood said that she had never heard of Syed, or knew his name prior to the incident. Azevedo had no recolletion of Syed either.
“I loved her to death,” Azevedo said. “I was planning on moving [back to Calif.] to be with her.”
In an interview with the Lariat, Wood revealed that although she didn’t agree with how Aoki made her money, she still supported her.
“[Her boyfriend] Dave [Gutierrez] and I would serve as her driver and bodyguard during some of her sessions to protect her,” Wood said, crossing her arms like she would while standing outside the door during Aoki’s sessions.
Not only did Aoki use “Kitty Kitanna” as her exotic name, it was also her alias on Facebook and YouTube account.
“If you look at her, her face looks like a little kitty cat,” Wood continued. “Kitana was her favorite sword that I own.”
After playing with the sword, the nickname was formed between the “sisters.”
In 2007, before Wood left for college, she and Aoki began a blood pact. “I cut my hand. She cut hers and with blood we shook on it,” Wood continued. “That is when I adopted her as my baby sister.“
Along with the two sisters, the blood pact of seven people in total identified themselves as wiccans.
Through the vibe Wood claims that wiccans have with their pact, Wood said she knew something was wrong the morning of Aoki's murder.
“I was supposed to be her bodyguard that night,” Wood said as she made a gun gesture towards her head. “If I was with her I would have been killed too.”
Contrary to other reports that Aoki did not live with her mother, Wood and close friend of Aoki, Stacie Klondyke, 19, Fullerton, Calif., both insist that she did in fact live with her mother.
“I don’t understand why her mother said she didn’t live with her,” Wood said. “Every time I called my baby sister she would say she was home with her mom and I would tell her to say ‘hi’ to her mom for me.”
Klondyke also stated that when she would call Aoki, she said that she would be home with her mother.

“When I heard that the reports said she didn’t have her ID I didn’t believe it,” Wood said. “Whenever we went out she never left her ID.”
Wood said that she is suspicious as to why the ID was not present when Aoki's body was found.
“I stripped down naked and jumped into the [ocean in Long Beach], I just wanted to feel numb,” she said when her friend called her to tell her about Aoki's death.
Based on her Facebook page, Aoki's favorite quote was, “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.“
Wood said that Aoki was planning on being a massage therapist.
According to Irvine Valley College and Saddleback College administration, Aoki did not attend either schools.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
pbaj12