Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss51374
Man Killed With Single Punch After Approaching Cyclist On Pavement

Andrew Young, 40, became involved in an argument with cyclist Victor Ibitoye after he told him that cycling on the pavement was dangerous.

The cyclist rode off but moments later his friend, Lewis Gill, approached Mr Young, who suffered from Asperger’s Syndrome, and punched him in the face without provocation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pun1.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	518722
This is the shocking moment Andrew Young was punched by Lewis Gill - Mr Young died of head injuries a day later in hospital

Name:	pun2.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	518724
Mr Young was attacked by Gill after the 40-year-old became involved in an argument with his friend

Name:	pun3.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	518717
Gill, 20, can be seen to walk away after looking back to see his victim lying motionless on the ground

The attack took place in a busy shopping area of Bournemouth, Dorset, and several passersby rushed to Mr Young’s aid.

He was rushed to hospital where he died the following day from head injuries with his mother at his bedside.

Gill pleaded guilty to a charge of manslaughter and was jailed for four-and-a-half years.

After the hearing, Mr Young's mother Pamela described the sentence as a 'joke'.

Name:	pun4.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	518716Click image for larger version

Name:	pun6.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	518718
Mr Young (left), who suffered from Asperger's Syndrome, was said to be able to speak several languages but had the social skills of a 14-year-old due to his condition. Gill (right) pleaded guilty to a charge of manslaughter and was jailed for four-and-a-half years

Name:	pun7.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	518719
Mr Young became involved in an argument with cyclist Victor Ibitoye after he told him that cycling on the pavement was dangerous

The incident took place at 4.25pm on November 6 last year outside a Tesco Express in Charminster, Bournemouth, England, UK.

Mr Young was said to be able to speak several languages but had the social skills of a 14-year-old due to his condition.

The court heard Mr Young told Mr Ibitoye during the argument that riding his bike on the pavement was a ‘dangerous activity’.

Name:  pun8.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  50.0 KB
After the hearing Mrs Young said her son (above) did not cause Gill 'any harm'

Mrs Young said: 'He was very particular because of his Asperger’s and he wouldn’t have liked seeing someone riding a bicycle on the pavement because it was dangerous.'

After the brief argument Mr Ibitoye cycled away from Mr Young and apparently had no idea what Gill was about to do.

Kerry Maylin, prosecuting, said: 'The defendant claims he was worried about Andrew Young because he thought he was being menacing.

'He said Andrew Young put his hand to his pocket and he thought he was going to pull out a knife or a gun.'

A post mortem examination found Mr Young had no injuries to indicate he had tried to defend himself.

The court heard Gill punched Mr Young after the victim allegedly made a racist remark.

Steven Perian, defending, added: 'He wishes he could turn back the clock and not react in the way he did.'

In jailing Gill, from Sutton, Surrey, judge Keith Cutler said Mr Young did not represent a threat to him.

He said: 'You are a powerfully built young man. You must have known that it was going to cause a significant injury and, very sadly, it did.'

Gill, who was jailed for four years after admitting manslaughter at Salisbury Crown Court last Friday, was also sentenced to two three-month prison terms to run consecutively after committing the crime while on a suspended sentence for robbery and for handling stolen goods.

This means he was sentenced to a total of four-and-a-half years in prison.

Name:	pun9.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	518723Click image for larger version

Name:	pun10.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	518721
After the hearing, Mr Young's mother Pamela described the sentence as a 'joke'

After the hearing Mr Young's mother said: 'I saw the CCTV footage in court and you can see that Andrew didn’t cause Lewis Gill any harm

'I sat with him when he died. I wish that awful man who took my son away had pleaded not guilty so he would have got a longer sentence.

'The sentence is an absolute joke. I’m a committed Christian but I think that if someone takes a life they should be prepared to forfeit their own. There have been many people who have committed manslaughter or murder in this country and they never even serve a full sentence.'

Feb 25th '14 SOURCE

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 fatalpunch.mp4(923.3 KB, 133 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Clubhouse, gatagato, icheerthebull, Illusion, invertigo, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, kordy, Megamel29, Ntwadumela, Oswald2001, Photoplay, Pyramid_Head, winvens
Old 02-25-2014, 12:24 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Man Killed With Single Punch For Cycling On Pavement

Sad. From the title I thought it was the cyclist who was killed, was going to say I've been tempted to do the same, can't stand cyclists on the pavement (kids are exempt of course)

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut

Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss51374
Re: Man Killed With Single Punch For Cycling On Pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
From the title I thought it was the cyclist who was killed
Thanks for pointing that out, what a bloody stupid title that was!!

Changed it

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull
Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 10866 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss25780
Re: Man Killed With Single Punch After Approaching Cyclist On Pavement

Four and a half years sentence is a joke imo.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
BLT, Clubhouse, deanmine, fabulas79, gatagato, invertigo, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001, Shadedwill, Sharon, winvens
Old 02-25-2014, 01:14 PM
hellgate9876
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1012

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
Andrew Young, 40, became involved in an argument with cyclist Victor Ibitoye after he told him that cycling on the pavement was dangerous.

The cyclist rode off but moments later his friend, Lewis Gill, approached Mr Young, who suffered from Asperger’s Syndrome, and punched him in the face without provocation.

In a country called India normally the relatives of the victims of such assault put up a contract with the local Mafia on the life of the person who killed their loved ones.
Attachment 518722
This is the shocking moment Andrew Young was punched by Lewis Gill - Mr Young died of head injuries a day later in hospital

Attachment 518724
Mr Young was attacked by Gill after the 40-year-old became involved in an argument with his friend

Attachment 518717
Gill, 20, can be seen to walk away after looking back to see his victim lying motionless on the ground

The attack took place in a busy shopping area of Bournemouth, Dorset, and several passersby rushed to Mr Young’s aid.

He was rushed to hospital where he died the following day from head injuries with his mother at his bedside.

Gill pleaded guilty to a charge of manslaughter and was jailed for four-and-a-half years.

After the hearing, Mr Young's mother Pamela described the sentence as a 'joke'.

Attachment 518716Attachment 518718
Mr Young (left), who suffered from Asperger's Syndrome, was said to be able to speak several languages but had the social skills of a 14-year-old due to his condition. Gill (right) pleaded guilty to a charge of manslaughter and was jailed for four-and-a-half years

Attachment 518719
Mr Young became involved in an argument with cyclist Victor Ibitoye after he told him that cycling on the pavement was dangerous

The incident took place at 4.25pm on November 6 last year outside a Tesco Express in Charminster, Bournemouth, England, UK.

Mr Young was said to be able to speak several languages but had the social skills of a 14-year-old due to his condition.

The court heard Mr Young told Mr Ibitoye during the argument that riding his bike on the pavement was a ‘dangerous activity’.

Attachment 518720
After the hearing Mrs Young said her son (above) did not cause Gill 'any harm'

Mrs Young said: 'He was very particular because of his Asperger’s and he wouldn’t have liked seeing someone riding a bicycle on the pavement because it was dangerous.'

After the brief argument Mr Ibitoye cycled away from Mr Young and apparently had no idea what Gill was about to do.

Kerry Maylin, prosecuting, said: 'The defendant claims he was worried about Andrew Young because he thought he was being menacing.

'He said Andrew Young put his hand to his pocket and he thought he was going to pull out a knife or a gun.'

A post mortem examination found Mr Young had no injuries to indicate he had tried to defend himself.

The court heard Gill punched Mr Young after the victim allegedly made a racist remark.

Steven Perian, defending, added: 'He wishes he could turn back the clock and not react in the way he did.'

In jailing Gill, from Sutton, Surrey, judge Keith Cutler said Mr Young did not represent a threat to him.

He said: 'You are a powerfully built young man. You must have known that it was going to cause a significant injury and, very sadly, it did.'

Gill, who was jailed for four years after admitting manslaughter at Salisbury Crown Court last Friday, was also sentenced to two three-month prison terms to run consecutively after committing the crime while on a suspended sentence for robbery and for handling stolen goods.

This means he was sentenced to a total of four-and-a-half years in prison.

Attachment 518723Attachment 518721
After the hearing, Mr Young's mother Pamela described the sentence as a 'joke'

After the hearing Mr Young's mother said: 'I saw the CCTV footage in court and you can see that Andrew didn’t cause Lewis Gill any harm

'I sat with him when he died. I wish that awful man who took my son away had pleaded not guilty so he would have got a longer sentence.

'The sentence is an absolute joke. I’m a committed Christian but I think that if someone takes a life they should be prepared to forfeit their own. There have been many people who have committed manslaughter or murder in this country and they never even serve a full sentence.'

Feb 25th '14 SOURCE

Old 02-25-2014, 01:33 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Anyone facing an assault charge who tries to use the 'racial slur' defense should have their prison term doubled. That's no fucking excuse

dcaccount22, gatagato, K9Grip, kordy, Oswald2001, Photoplay, pyromancer555, winvens
Old 02-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut

Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss51374

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Anyone facing an assault charge who tries to use the 'racial slur' defense should have their prison term doubled. That's no fucking excuse
It's done soooooo much these days

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, pyromancer555
Old 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
It's done soooooo much these days
Has a new branch of the UKKK opened up?

Oswald2001
Old 02-25-2014, 02:31 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss3655

And its shit like this which will combine to sink the UK within 20 years.

Murder someone? "Thats years you little toerag!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, Sharon
Old 02-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20