Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: Man Killed After Mistaken for a Paedophile

That is awful. Why did the police arrest him in the first place? Do they not need evidence to arrest him or can they do it based on nothing more than accusations? Tragic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Pigeon
Old 12-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Hobbslefthand
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:617
Malevolent

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
That is awful. Why did the police arrest him in the first place? Do they not need evidence to arrest him or can they do it based on nothing more than accusations? Tragic.
You see over here in the U.K. The police can arrest you "for your own good". I can't explain it, but it's definitely Kafkaesque. They can detain you for questioning and then release you should they find no grounds. But what they should have done was informed all of those who accused him that they were wrong.

As for "Estates", these are usually local Council owned affordable housing for those on benefits/welfare.
They are no place to be for those who show signs of individual thought.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbslefthand For This Useful Post:
BBKF, Megamel29, Pigeon
Old 12-02-2013, 04:45 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbslefthand View Post
You see over here in the U.K. The police can arrest you "for your own good". I can't explain it, but it's definitely Kafkaesque. They can detain you for questioning and then release you should they find no grounds. But what they should have done was informed all of those who accused him that they were wrong.

As for "Estates", these are usually local Council owned affordable housing for those on benefits/welfare.
They are no place to be for those who show signs of individual thought.
That's awful. Wonder if this will change police policy.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Pigeon
Offline:
I POOP ON U
Poster Rank:77
Female
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 1260 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12675

Poor guy

Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10538

There is definitely a place for Street Justice.

First though...ya really gotta make sure ya got the right guy.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:51 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Update.

Four officers 'failed disabled man wrongly dubbed a paedophile and burned to death by vigilante neighbours - despite 13 calls to police in the last two days of his life'

Instead, he sent PCSO Andrew Passmore, 55, who claimed he spent an hour patrolling the area but in reality only stayed for 'three to four minutes', the jury were told.

Just 48 hours after he first asked for help - and despite even more calls to the police - Mr Ebrahimi was brutally murdered at 1am on July 14, 2013.

Duffy, Winter, Harris and Passmore, all officers with Avon and Somerset Constabulary, deny misconduct in a public office.

Opening the case against them today, prosecutor Crispin Aylett QC said: 'Two of the defendants, PC Winter and Harris, were sent to deal with [Mr Ebrahimi's] complaint.

'Lee James was so angry that he was said by PC Winter to have been foaming at the mouth. He was bragging that he would 'do time' to protect his children.

'You may well think that the danger of Lee James taking the law into his own hands could hardly have been plainer. Worst still, Lee James was not alone.

'A crowd had gathered in the area outside Bijan Ebrahimi's and most, if not all, of them agreed that he was a paedophile. Put simply, vigilantism was in the air.'

Mr Aylett continued: 'Moreover, PCs Winter and Harris, who had been sent to investigate Mr Ebrahimi's complaint, they ended up arresting Bijan Ebrahimi.

'Therefore, the prosecution suggest, that did nothing to ensure that Mr Ebrahimi's original complaint was properly investigated. As far as Lee James' ugly threats, they were simply overlooked.

A crowd had gathered in the area outside Bijan Ebrahimi's and most, if not all, of them agreed that he was a paedophile. Put simply, vigilantism was in the air Prosecutor Crispin Aylett describes the atmosphere before the murder

'Mr Ebrahimi was released the following day. In the course of that day, July 12, Mr Ebrahimi made no less than 12 calls to police in the hope that his beat manager, PC Duffy, would look on him and deal with his complaint against Lee James.

'It is however clear that PC Duffy did not like Bijan Ebrahimi. PC Duffy was asked a number of times [to visit] and PC Duffy said that he was busy, and he would go and see Mr Ebrahimi in his own good time.

'From the content of these calls, it is perfectly apparent that PC Duffy regarded Bijan Ebrahimi as a liar and in fact in one call he called him a "perpetual liar".

'He must also have regarded Mr Ebrahimi as a nuisance and he was, we suggest, simply not interested in any complaint that Mr Ebrahimi had.

'Despite being asked a numerous times to go and see Mr Ebrahimi, PC Duffy never seemed to find the time.'

He added: 'He did ask Mr Passmore to patrol the area around Mr Ebrahimi's home address.

'Mr Passmore claimed that he had spent 40 minutes on foot patrol on the estate and a further 20 minutes on the adjacent streets.

'The truth is that he had done no more than drive up and down in his car for three to four minutes.'

Mr. Aylett said on the following day, July 13, Mr Ebrahimi continued to contact police without success, but 'nothing' was done.

'Had something been done, the prosecution suggest, Lee James would have realised that the police were at the very least keeping an eye on him,' he added. Instead he must have thought he could simply do as he pleased.

'All in all, the prosecution suggest, there was a potentially toxic situation that called for proactive and effective policing. The prosecution contest that all of these defendants failed.'

Describing the fatal attack, the prosecutor added added: 'At around 1am on July 14, Lee James attacked Bijan Ebrahimi outside his flat.

'He punched and kicked Mr Ebrahimi until he lost consciousness then with the help of another man, Lee James set fire to Bijan Ebrahimi's body.

'The only mercy is that Mr Ebrahimi must have lost consciousness before he was set alight.'

Lee James, now 24, has been sentenced to life for his murder. Stephen Norley, 25, who lived next door to James, admitted assisting an offender and was jailed for four years.

The trial of the police officers continues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aedophile.html

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, kellyhound, Pigeon
Old 11-14-2015, 03:50 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Street justice can be tricky.
Yeah, I would hold up this PERFECT example as to why you won't see me on here cheering for the street justice posts where people are murdered, burned, etc. for SUPPOSEDLY raping, stealing or killing someone in some shitty 3rd world country. Although, as this article illustrates, stupid shit like this can also happen in so called civilized countries too!

I mean if they make mistakes and accuse the wrong one in civilized countries where they have professional crime scene investigators, then how accurate are people who have no education and nothing but anger on their mind in these shit heel countries? Especially after false accusations are taken into consideration.

In some countries, all you have to do is point at someone you don't like and say they raped or stole something and a few minutes later they are burned to death. Considering some of the despicable things some of my exes have done to me in the past, I'm glad it doesn't work that way in the U.S., lol.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:27 AM
Desensitisation
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:202

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4412

The only time street vigilante justice should ever be applied is when you find the man in the bushes with his dick in a child. Only then. Otherwise, you're just another one of a bunch of fucking retarded monkeys who all deserve to be shot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Desensitisation For This Useful Post:
Evil Twin
Old 11-15-2015, 06:21 AM
nyazzip
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:113

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5360 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8831

sounds like a white ghetto

Old 11-15-2015, 07:13 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyazzip View Post
sounds like a white ghetto
What u mean? Blacklivesmatter told me that ONLY blacks live in ghettos. Why you be haten?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
Bletch, Oswald2001
The Following Users Disliked This Post By azdesertsnake01:
motumbo