Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275
Re: Man Gets Eight Months in Prison for Slapping Toddler on Plane

That kid's white with a few black features. The 'one drop rule' has always annoyed me

I remember being pretty shocked by this when the story first broke. How can a person that intoxicated even get through airport security unnoticed?

aenko, diamondsmiles, Kanda444
Old 01-09-2014, 05:20 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
That kid's white with a few black features. The 'one drop rule' has always annoyed me

I remember being pretty shocked by this when the story first broke. How can a person that intoxicated even get through airport security unnoticed?

Two ways I figure. The first one is the fact that security personnel are more concerned about prohibited items than they are intoxicated passengers.

The second one is he got lit at the airport bar and then boarded the plane. Which shouldn't be too hard to pull off as long as he wasn't too drunk to walk. Most of the time the distance between the nearest airport bar and the plane you are boarding is about 30 feet.

As far as the one child rule, of course some people hate it, but when I see people dragging around 5 or 6 kids and are on welfare or they are in the U.S. and the whole family can't even speak english, I think it's a damn good idea. Plus if we are being honest, how many people these days can give the required attention to that many kids?

The mass breeding shit might have worked in the days of our grandfathers, but I think we have populated the world enough that we can stop trying to see how many kids we can pump out.

Speaking of china in particular, I would say it is blatantly obvious that they don't need anymore people. Even they will say that there are too many of them there. I don't think lifting the one child rule is going to be any less than an absolute fucking train wreck.

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 01-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Iliketurtles
Offline:
Poster Rank:641

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss864

I have wanted to slap many kids in my life..but there is a diference...(i dont actually do it)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iliketurtles For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, invertigo
Old 01-09-2014, 07:45 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Two ways I figure. The first one is the fact that security personnel are more concerned about prohibited items than they are intoxicated passengers.

The second one is he got lit at the airport bar and then boarded the plane. Which shouldn't be too hard to pull off as long as he wasn't too drunk to walk. Most of the time the distance between the nearest airport bar and the plane you are boarding is about 30 feet.

As far as the one child rule, of course some people hate it, but when I see people dragging around 5 or 6 kids and are on welfare or they are in the U.S. and the whole family can't even speak english, I think it's a damn good idea. Plus if we are being honest, how many people these days can give the required attention to that many kids?

The mass breeding shit might have worked in the days of our grandfathers, but I think we have populated the world enough that we can stop trying to see how many kids we can pump out.

Speaking of china in particular, I would say it is blatantly obvious that they don't need anymore people. Even they will say that there are too many of them there. I don't think lifting the one child rule is going to be any less than an absolute fucking train wreck.
That reply threw me off for a moment
The one-drop rule doesn't have anything to do with eugenics.
Quote:
The one-drop rule is the colloquial term for the standard, found throughout the USA, that holds that a person with even one drop of non-white ancestry should be classified as "colored",
They do also have single servings of hard liquor on most flights, but it just seems irresponsible for a flight attendant or an airport bartender to over serve this guy with enough alcohol to become that intoxicated.
Truthfully, it would be great if society didn't have to babysit full grown adults to keep them from acting like belligerent assholes in public, but I'm not holding my breath.

Azimuth, diamondsmiles, Kanda444
Old 01-09-2014, 08:05 AM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Poster Rank:639
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
That reply threw me off for a moment
The one-drop rule doesn't have anything to do with eugenics.

They do also have single servings of hard liquor on most flights, but it just seems irresponsible for a flight attendant or an airport bartender to over serve this guy with enough alcohol to become that intoxicated.
Truthfully, it would be great if society didn't have to babysit full grown adults to keep them from acting like belligerent assholes in public, but I'm not holding my breath.
Hmm. Ok, never heard that term for some reason. Lol, I guess my reply did seem odd then. I have heard having a child referred to as "drop" one out, etc. So I thought you were referring to what I said about the one child policy in china when you said "one drop" rule.

I know what you mean about dealing with drunk assholes. I frequent biker bars. Typically those type of idiots get handled in a manner proper for their behavior, lol. That is the one nice thing about biker bars versus other bars. No one gets too stupid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, diamondsmiles, invertigo
Old 01-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss51378

What a terrible thing to do to a little baby

I hope this baby slapper gets happy slapped

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
aenko, diamondsmiles, FunkPumpkin
Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliketurtles View Post
I have wanted to slap many kids in my life..but there is a diference...(i dont actually do it)

I cannot stand to see a baby being slapped, smacked, whatever, even if it is padded with a diaper.

The body moves and it could cause back and neck issues, I would think.

I don't have any, but, I babysit nieces and nephews, and watched he neighborhood kids growing up, and it makes me cringe when they get a smack on their butts or whatever!

My niece and sister-in-law tried to explain that kids need discipline so they don't turn in to bad kids who commit crimes, but, I just cannot do it.

What an adult might think is a light slap could feel a lot harder to a baby

To slap a random child because you are having your own issues is something I have no words for

Old 01-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

I Hope the dad slapped the shit out of that bastard

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 01-18-2014, 06:45 PM
uj2000
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2396
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss114

I just wanna state i'm not supporting the guy in any way or form.

But sometimes people don't even give a shit about their crying baby, but i'm more tempted to slap the mother

Old 01-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Creepy
Offline:
AFK
Poster Rank:47
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 6540 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss18408

If anyone ever thought it would be appropriate to put their hands on my child for any reason they would be knocked the fuck out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creepy For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles