Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526
Man Gets Eight Months in Prison for Slapping Toddler on Plane

I cannot locate the original post. I recreated it with the update.

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=2170531666001&playerID=168451206800 1&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACC6OgzE~,L0bTvfk9n15FmF18purm AD2hu9UP9YRL&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=2170531666001&playerID=16845120 68001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAACC6OgzE~,L0bTvfk9n15FmF18 purmAD2hu9UP9YRL&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=tru e" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Family of Boy Slapped on Plane Speaks Out

February 17, 2013

The Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - The family of a boy allegedly slapped by a fellow passenger on a flight to to Atlanta is speaking out.

"I could not believe he would say that and then hit him," said Jessica Bennett. "I felt like i was in another world. I was shaking."

In an interview on Saturday with KARE 11, the 19 month old boy's mother, Jessica Bennett, said the shocking incident has caused a great deal of emotional trauma for the entire family.

The incident allegedly happened February 8 while Bennett and her son were on a Delta flight from Minneapolis to Atlanta. Bennett says the man sitting next to her, Joe Rickey Hundley of Hayden, Idaho, became increasingly obnoxious and appeared intoxicated during the flight.

"He reeked of alcohol," recalls Bennett. "He was belligerent and I was uncomfortable."

As the plane descended to land in Atlanta, Bennett said her son started crying due to the pressure change. According to court documents, Bennett alleges Hundley leaned over and said, "Shut that nigger baby up!" before slapping the child near the boy's eye. Bennett said the slap caused her son to bleed and cry even harder.

"Hundley's comments were racist and hateful," said Bennett in a statment released by the family. "We have numerous questions about how a passenger could get so violently out of control as to assault a toddler."

In an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court, Hundley was charged with simple assault. The charge carries a maximum punishment of up to one year in jail.

"If he goes unpunished it would be awful," said Jessica's husband Josh. "We want to see this guy do some time."

Hundley's employer says he has been suspended from his position with Unitech Composites and Structures in Hayden, Idaho, pending the outcome of the criminal investigation.

KARE 11 reached Hundley's attorney, Marcia Shein of Atlanta, by phone on Saturday. Shein said her client will plead not guilty to the charge.

"Hopefully, this situation can be resolved. Both people are probably very nice. No one should rush to judgment," said Shein.

**UPDATE**

By David Beasley, Reuters

ATLANTA, GA — A former aerospace executive who slapped a crying toddler on an airplane and used a racial slur against the child, who is black, received an eight-month prison sentence on Monday for an incident his attorney blamed on his alcoholism.

Joe Rickey Hundley, who apologized in court to the child's mother, was accused of striking the 19 month old boy in the face on board a Delta Air Lines flight from Minneapolis to Atlanta last February.

Hundley pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge in October. Prosecutors had sought a six-month prison sentence, but the federal judge opted for a stiffer punishment.

"I'm very sorry," Hundley told the child's mother during the court hearing in Atlanta. "I made the most terrible day in my life much worse for myself and others."

Hundley's attorney has said her client had flown to Atlanta to remove his dying son from life support after an insulin overdose and was emotionally distraught. She also blamed his alcoholism for his behavior on the flight.

The child's mother previously said Hundley was belligerent and seemed intoxicated during the flight. He used a racial slur when the child started crying as the plane descended.

The baby is black and his adoptive mother, Jessica Bennett of Minneapolis, is white. Hundley also is white.

Hundley was fired from his executive position at AGC Aerospace & Defense after the slapping incident, his attorney said.

Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
aenko, BBKF, Clubhouse, Darkest Angel, icheerthebull, Iliketurtles, K9Grip, Kanda444, Megamel29, Pyramid_Head, Shadedwill, Sharon, shoelessjojackson
Old 01-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 20103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss49337
Re: Man Gets Eight Months in Prison for Slapping Toddler on Plane

Quote:
The incident allegedly happened February 8 while Bennett and her son were on a Delta flight from Minneapolis to Atlanta. Bennett says the man sitting next to her, Joe Rickey Hundley of Hayden, Idaho, became increasingly obnoxious and appeared intoxicated during the flight.
well there's your problem right there..... that's about 30 miles from here... people that way are racist and nuts (not all but a lot). Hayden is a beautiful area...especially if you're a neo-nazi:

Quote:
Aryan Nations is a white supremacist or "white Christian separatist" religious organization originally based in Hayden Lake, Idaho.
(from wiki)

aenko, Azimuth, diamondsmiles, dirty ike, hooverj, K9Grip, luciddrmr, shoelessjojackson
Old 01-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

He got a slap on the wrist if you ask me.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
aenko, Azimuth, bigjoe, Cancun78, diamondsmiles, luciddrmr, MadCore
Old 01-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 447 Post(s)
Quoted: 21480 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss37773

When are we going to give him the death penalty

The Following User Says Thank You to Shakey For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Shakey:
Iliketurtles
Old 01-07-2014, 12:12 AM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:348
BULL

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2117

Insane, dude was like an out of control animal, race riots are going to spark up all over the States very soon

The Following User Says Thank You to shoelessjojackson For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 01-07-2014, 07:41 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjojackson View Post
Insane, dude was like an out of control animal, race riots are going to spark up all over the States very soon
Jackson and Sharpton would only get involved if the parents were black!

They are extreme racists! They never defended the white LaCrosse team in NC or the Hispanic female punched by a black cop in PA.

They also never apologized to the LaCrosse team or anyone else they defended when they were wrong!

That wacko, Tawana Brawley, had done it before with another white guy!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Shadedwill, shoelessjojackson, THELORDABORTION
Old 01-08-2014, 09:19 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:639
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

What a piece of shit asshole. They were calling him a "baby slapper" in one article I read. I don't know why, but that term is just funny. Every time I think about "baby slapper", I can't help but laugh. Even though I in NO WAY support what the guy did.

But if you can say baby slapper to yourself right now and not at least slightly chuckle, you have no sense of humor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Shadedwill
Old 01-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Nasty Nuggets
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1027

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss406

Well, if the baby was being a ......

The Following 2 Users Disliked Nasty Nuggets For This Post:
Shadedwill, shoelessjojackson
Old 01-09-2014, 02:22 AM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nuggets View Post
Well, if the baby was being a ......
What
Edit: If that's sarcasm, it's really not clear.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:04 AM
commondenom
Offline:
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:128
m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2543 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss8007

a future black on white crime candidate now for sure.....

having said that slapping another persons kid is pretty out of line, black or not...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to commondenom For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, shoelessjojackson