Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
Man Battered Girlfriend to Death with Hockey Stick After Christmas Present Row

Quote:
A cannabis smoker who was not being properly monitored by mental health workers battered his girlfriend to death with a hockey stick after a row over a Christmas present.
Felipe Silva Lopes, 28, was meant to be seen by his mental health team every day after being released from prison last December – but was not seen for a week during the Christmas period.
He has been jailed for life and ordered to serve a minimum of seven years after he sexually assaulted and murdered his girlfriend, Anastasia Voykina, 23, at the flat they shared in south west London.
He left her in the flat for more than a week after the killing, with her pyjama bottoms tied around her neck.
Miss Voykina moved in with Lopes, who had a string of convictions for domestic violence, to try and help him with his mental health issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Anastasia-Voykina_2774040b.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	503491

But he became increasingly violent, throwing a Christmas tree down the stairs after a row.
On the day of her murder he was said to wake Ms Voykina by pouring cola over her face.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Felipe-Silva-Lopes_2774034c.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	503490

Lopes was jailed for life with a minimum term of seven years and three months after he admitted manslaughter, with diminished responsibility. He will remain in hospital until he is well enough to go to prison.
Judge Richard Marks said: “The ferocity of your sustained attack on your defenceless and naked victim, who was in bed at the time the attack started, is as shocking as it is abhorrent.
"You are a large man and she was 5ft 2in and seven stone in weight.
"You bear a significant responsibility for what you did in particular having regard to the fact you ceased taking your medication, knowing what effect that would have on you."
Lopes had a long history of mental illness and had been diagnosed with schizoid defective disorder.
He ignored warnings to keep taking his medication and stop smoking cannabis and was sentenced to 12 weeks in prison in November 2012 for breaching a restraining order by contacting another ex girlfriend.
He was released on December 12 last year, under a supervision order but stopped taking his medication and regularly smoked cannabis.
Zoe Johnson, QC, said no one in Lopes’ mental health saw him for a “period of days over the holidays.”
She told the court: “The mental health team returned from leave and were unable to trace him and were about to report him missing."
Miss Johnson said it was also suggested Miss Voykina was killed because she was “idealistic” and thought she could help Lopes.
She added: “She clearly loved the defendant and tried to change him and sadly that cost her her life.
”Her friends said she was a lovely person but a bit naive. She wanted to explore the world and particularly loved London and everything London had to offer.”
Police released CCTV images of Lopes after Miss Voykina's body was found in the flat, as they tried to track him down.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, Bastet, BBKF, durt, invertigo, Kelseecat65, Megamel29, Pyramid_Head, raygun56, vagabond
Old 12-23-2013, 05:23 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3102

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss73
Re: Man Battered Girlfriend to Death with Hockey Stick After Christmas Present

Whats a "row" mean? A fight?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:29 PM
divreaper
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:412
male

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinycatcreations View Post
Whats a "row" mean? A fight?
Yer mate a argument =row :)

The Following User Says Thank You to divreaper For This Useful Post:
HoodRich
Old 12-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

She was stupid to live with him.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Bastet, Kelseecat65, myss)(phit, rapeWhistle
Old 12-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

I've known women like her. Poor kid, you can't help someone who doesn't want to change themselves. . If that makes sense.

Megamel29, Pigeon
Old 12-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

One can only hope the Bastard is put away for life or better yet, executed.. I don't care what mental illness he has, sexually assaulting and killing her was evil. Fuck him.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
durt, Megamel29, Pigeon, vagabond
Old 12-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Shadedwill
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:250
Male (evidently surprisingly)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3421

Anyone else see the "a cannabis smoker" at the beginning and take that as an attempted way to put a spin or slant on this?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shadedwill For This Useful Post:
BBKF, downunder, dwaderealtor, Gaydolf Shitler, HoodRich, icheerthebull, invertigo, Kelseecat65, Megamel29, Sibella
Old 12-24-2013, 03:50 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadedwill View Post
Anyone else see the "a cannabis smoker" at the beginning and take that as an attempted way to put a spin or slant on this?
Yep it's all the rage now. Are they trying to stake up fear or ease it? It's not just right wing rags like the daily mail, all the articles I have seen in relation to this story have mentioned his smoking habits.

The truth is essential services for the sick, including those with mental illness are being cut all across Europe. Cases like this and suicide will just increase I'm afraid. Easier to try and put the blame on cannabis though

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following User Says Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 12-24-2013, 01:37 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Has 'cannabis' become the new street term for crack?
Pot heads aren't running around clubbing people with hockey sticks, they're too busy creating elaborate new ways to smoke weed- (Apple, tinfoil,soda can,6 foot bongs you have to stand on the toilet to take a hit from while your college buddies are trying to 'hotbox' the bathroom)- devouring boxes of taquitos en masse, and laughing like 8 year-old kids whenever someone cuts a loud fart

But seriously, I find it hard to believe that his use of marijuana has any correlation to his violent outburst whatsoever. It's borderline ludicrous, really

Bastet, BBKF, durt, Eskimo Aids, icheerthebull, Kelseecat65, luciddrmr, Megamel29, Pollucy, rapeWhistle
Old 12-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Eskimo Aids
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2208

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss128

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Has 'cannabis' become the new street term for crack?
Pot heads aren't running around clubbing people hockey sticks, they're too busy creating elaborate new ways to smoke weed- (Apple, tinfoil,soda can,6 foot bongs you have to stand on the toilet to take a hit while your college buddies are trying to 'hotbox' the bathroom)- devouring boxes of taquitos en masse, and laughing like 8 year-old kids whenever someone cuts a loud fart

But seriously, I find it hard to believe that his use of marijuana has any correlation to his violent outburst whatsoever. It's borderline ludicrous, really