Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812
Re: Magnotta Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion-hearted Girl View Post
I have no idea about the Canadian courts, but I can't imagine him being found not guilty, surely! The guy is a monster.
Yeah, we know that for sure, but its whether THEY know that. I actually think he will get locked up in a psych unit, as opposed to a "normal" prison.

The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl
Old 10-20-2014, 10:44 AM
MrCorpse
Offline:
*DR's nice guy*
Poster Rank:44
Male

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 6872 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss19088

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralucagymnast View Post
Yeah, we know that for sure, but its whether THEY know that. I actually think he will get locked up in a psych unit, as opposed to a "normal" prison.
Which is fine if they never let him go.... I don't care if they do let him go though, he's more likely to entertain as a free man than in jail. If he goes to jail he'll be murdered within a few years (unless kept in solitary).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrCorpse For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl, ralucagymnast
Old 10-20-2014, 10:45 AM
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Contributions: 56

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848

Quote:
Yeh I think you could be right. As long as he's off the streets

The Following User Says Thank You to Lion-hearted Girl For This Useful Post:
ralucagymnast
Old 10-20-2014, 10:58 AM
ralucagymnast
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:289

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Yeh I think you could be right. As long as he's off the streets
Lets hope so; I just hope the shrinks dont think he can be "rehabilitated" and "cured". I feel people like him are irrevocable: if its a personality disorder its the way his brain is hardwired, and nothing short of a lobotomy or similar is going to change that. I myself have Borderline Personality Disorder; its just the way I am. Environmental influences obviously factor into it, but I am what I am. C'est La Vie.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl, winvens
Old 10-20-2014, 11:10 AM
facta non verba
Poster Rank:31
Femme
Contributions: 56

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 8381 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23848

Quote:
Lets hope so; I just hope the shrinks dont think he can be "rehabilitated" and "cured". I feel people like him are irrevocable: if its a personality disorder its the way his brain is hardwired, and nothing short of a lobotomy or similar is going to change that. I myself have Borderline Personality Disorder; its just the way I am. Environmental influences obviously factor into it, but I am what I am. C'est La Vie.
I can relate. I've got Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and associated anxiety issues. I just accept it now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lion-hearted Girl For This Useful Post:
ralucagymnast, winvens
Old 10-20-2014, 11:19 AM
ralucagymnast
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
I can relate. I've got Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and associated anxiety issues. I just accept it now.
Exactly the same hun; my daughter has OCD and Body Dysmorphia Doc has put her on Prozit (fluoxetine): Prozac in linctus form. I wouldnt mind, but shes beautiful, but she doesnt see it Ill send you a private message hun. Dont want to hijack this thread

The Following User Says Thank You to ralucagymnast For This Useful Post:
Lion-hearted Girl
Old 10-21-2014, 02:50 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

I don't think I'm the only one disappointed that Canada doesn't have the death penalty.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
So, what do you think the verdict will be? taking into account he was diagnosed with manic depression aka Bipolar when he was younger? Do you think he will get the "Not Guilty through diminished responsibility" et al? Watching the video of the murder he seems pretty methodical and organised and very much aware of what hes doing.
Bipolar disorder is an emotional disorder, not a cognitive or perceptive disorder. While manic episodes may influence a person's actions by causing them to feel a sense of personal invincibility or diminished consequences, it does not affect a person's perception of reality to the degree that they are unable to control their actions or unable to distinguish right from wrong.

I doubt that Magnotta's prior diagnosis as bipolar will have any significant bearing on the outcome of his trial. If anything, he has all the hallmarks of a clinically narcissistic personality, but that would only explain his ultimate motive in terms of the fame-seeking objective behind the murder. His actions remain his own.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
winvens
Old 10-22-2014, 02:02 PM
ralucagymnast
Offline:

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Bipolar disorder is an emotional disorder, not a cognitive or perceptive disorder. While manic episodes may influence a person's actions by causing them to feel a sense of personal invincibility or diminished consequences, it does not affect a person's perception of reality to the degree that they are unable to control their actions or unable to distinguish right from wrong.

I doubt that Magnotta's prior diagnosis as bipolar will have any significant bearing on the outcome of his trial. If anything, he has all the hallmarks of a clinically narcissistic personality, but that would only explain his ultimate motive in terms of the fame-seeking objective behind the murder. His actions remain his own.
Hi, Ive only just read this. Youre absolutely spot on. His narcissism stands out like a sore thumb for sure, and you've nailed the differences between BDS and Bi-polar brilliantly. My son has bi-polar for which he is medicated, so Ive got "first hand" experience of it, so to speak. Part of it is an inability to take responsibility for ones actions, but there is a big difference between that, and not knowing right from wrong,

Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM
GODISNOTGREAT
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:233
it's free if you boof it

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3821

He so obviously knew that what he was planning to go through with was wrong because he tried to evade apprehension before the incident even took place. Not insane at all.

Calculating.