Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3968
Re: LIVE Right Now: Comet Landing LIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0g View Post
photon travels at speed of light,
you must wonder what type of questions Einstein came up with speaking to Bore. (I dont know how to spell Bore name.) But to know the closer u get to light speed the more mass u have so that nothing can travel when ur so heavy. LIGHT MUST BE A WAVE..... but its also a PARTICLE.... what a cosmic joke! lol

87wildside
Old 11-13-2014, 03:06 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmine View Post
you must wonder what type of questions Einstein came up with speaking to Bore. (I dont know how to spell Bore name.) But to know the closer u get to light speed the more mass u have so that nothing can travel when ur so heavy. LIGHT MUST BE A WAVE..... but its also a PARTICLE.... what a cosmic joke! lol
*James Bond imitation*
Bohr.
Niels Bohr.

The Following User Says Thank You to winvens For This Useful Post:
deanmine
Old 11-13-2014, 10:48 PM
87wildside
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1307
I'm a whore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss279

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmine View Post
watch liveNo humans it's fine an SOB tweets?
It's probably a lie like the moon landing. -(radiation belt)-

The Following User Says Thank You to 87wildside For This Useful Post:
deanmine
Old 11-13-2014, 10:58 PM
87wildside
Offline:
Poster Rank:1307
I'm a whore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss279

IIRC

If you travel speed of light, everything is slow. Einstien says so and Steven Hawkings isn't arguing that, yet :)

If you travel more then speed of light you are playing a nerd game because acorrdind to the feds....

The Following User Says Thank You to 87wildside For This Useful Post:
deanmine
Old 11-14-2014, 12:24 AM
deanmine
Offline:
They Lied. There ALL LIES
Poster Rank:221
<--We did it. So Can You
Contributions: 48

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3968

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87wildside View Post
everything is slow
no, at the speed of light, time stands still.. and faster than the speed of light? as far as i know, only entangled particles and the expansion of spacetime seem to do this.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:55 AM
jacob beghner
Offline:
Poster Rank:1718
male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss188

I love space. And the insane physics that happen within it. Did you hear lighthing was observed near a black hole?

Old 11-14-2014, 03:20 AM
deanmine
Offline:
<--We did it. So Can You

Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3968

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob beghner View Post
I love space. And the insane physics that happen within it. Did you hear lighthing was observed near a black hole?
i glanced at that in the news.... i just figured it was the suns be gobbled up from the garbage disposal qualities of the hole! . crazy powerful gravitational pull

iv been tryin to make time to read up on it... take a look at the pdf..

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: pdf 0212251.pdf(120.9 KB, 321 views)
Old 11-14-2014, 03:45 AM
jacob beghner
Offline:
Poster Rank:1718
male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss188

Well the cool thing about it is time and space is a "fabric" it can stretch or shrink. So time observed under those conditions would follow suit. Changing how light behaves. Light is a good measurement of distance over time due to that law of physics we are well aware of.
So maybe light doesn't have a problem with escaping a black hole. But gravity is so warped that the time variable creates a boarder or wall to the outside observer that slows down time so much that light cannot be seen. Instead of being pulled off course. Or it just removes the energy variable all together relative to our time frame. Energy is the measurement of aN atoms vibration.
Slowed time means no movement compared to ours.....
but the lightning part is cool. My theory is that gravitational fields much like any star or planet has. Breaks off.and the energy released is like a CME. But that's all external. Not from within the black hole itself...

The Following User Says Thank You to jacob beghner For This Useful Post:
deanmine
Old 11-14-2014, 04:21 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

Quote:
The Philae lander has tried to drill into the surface of comet 67/P, but its battery was on its way out.

The tiny probe riding on the back of a comet 300 million miles from Earth is battling for its life.

The Philae lander attempted to drill into the surface of comet 67/P, but its battery was on its way out.

The drill is at full stretch despite the risk of toppling over the unstable washing machine sized probe.

Scientists hope the samples from the drill - which has it extended to its maximum nine inches - can be analysed and transmitted back to Earth.

If the battery dies the results may not make it back.

Stephan Ulamec, Philae lander manager, said: “This would be fantastic but it is not secured - maybe the battery will be empty before we get contact again.”

Because the lander has come to rest next to a cliff solar panels that power it are only getting 90 minutes of light a day rather than the six hours it needs to be fully operational.

“We plan to rotate the lander a little bit so that at the position where we have now this one panel that gets sun, we’ll have a slightly larger panel and this would increase the chance that at a later stage the lander could wake up again and start talking to us again,” Dr Ulamec added.

Scientists want to test the idea comets like 67/P delivered water to the early Earth billions of years ago.

The team is still not sure where on the surface the probe came to rest after bouncing upon landing.

If Philae’s mission comes to an end, the Rosetta spacecraft will follow the comet until at least the end of 2015, even as it passes closest to the sun on its orbit.

“This mission is fantastic, let’s look at what we have achieved, not at what we would have done differently. This is unique and will be unique forever,” said Andrea Accomazzo, Rosetta flight director.

But even as Philae made its bid to live the internet was alive with suggestions that this is no ordinary scientific mission.

According to an e-mail published on the web-site UFOSightingsDaily.com the mission is part of a European Space Agency and Nasa cover-up to disguise the comet’s alien nature.

The e-mail, allegedly from a secret whistle-blowing employee of the ESA, accuses the agency of “blatant cover-ups” in wanting to land on the speeding comet and attaches photos which claim to reveal the “true inner workings of Comet 67P”.

It states: “Do not think for ONE MOMENT that a space agency would suddenly decide to spend billions of dollars to build and send a spacecraft on a 12-year journey to simply take some close-up images of a randomly picked out comet floating in space.”

“Comet 67P is NOT a comet,” the letter continues.

“Some 20 years ago Nasa began detecting radio bursts from an unknown origin out in space. It would later be known that these had likely come from the direction of the now named comet 67P. It does show signs on its outside of machine like parts and unnatural terrain.

“Whatever this object is, it did not ask to be found or scrutinised.”

Contributor Scott Waring also said he believed the signals being emitted from the comet were a “greeting” to humans.

“If it was a warning, they would not allow the ESA craft to have landed” he wrote.

“I believe the landing of the ESA craft was the equivalent of a first handshake. They will make another move soon probably. Alien structures are on the comet. I don’t believe it’s natural."

In September, BPEarthWatch published a video showing “brand new, hi-res” images.

Taken from the Rosetta spacecraft, they appeared to show two UFOs flying over the comet and a transmission tower-like structure built on the surface, potentially emitting the mysterious radio signals which have been picked by the ESA. “These images are not normal,” says the video voiceover.

ESA’s confirmation that the comet had been emitting a “mystery song” has fuelled theories that it is in fact an alien ship and the warbles are an extra-terrestrial attempt at communication.

*Eccentric British mission scientist Dr Matt Taylor has apologised for wearing an “offensive” shirt featuring scantily-clad women toting guns.

The scientist appeared to wipe away tears as he spoke during a European Space Agency update briefing.

Struggling to get the words out, he said: “The shirt I wore this week - I made a big mistake. I offended many people, and I’m very sorry about this.”

Dr Taylor, who has numerous tattoos including one depicting the Rosetta spacecraft and its lander, Philae, has built up a cult following. But he went too far when he was filmed wearing a colourful bowling shirt depicting semi-naked women wielding guns. Dr Taylor quickly composed himself and talked animatedly about the mission.

He said: “We’re on the cutting edge of science ... We haven’t got any results yet, but just wait and hang in there.
lol

Old 11-14-2014, 04:53 PM
deanmine
Offline:
<--We did it. So Can You

Activity Longevity
4/20 8/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3968

it would be a great discover if we find that the type of water thats on that comet is of the same chemistry they have here on earth. so far we know that comets have a heavier hydrogen content .. along with other metals

(Comet 67P is NOT a comet,” the letter continues) sounds like some people here in the d.r. lol......