Quoted: 20139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383
Re: Letter to Diane Feinstein from a U.S. Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookdavook View Post
yeh i would do the same when someone keeps on talking for me after i´ve been baffled by overwhelming facts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...-homicides-map

what the heck is wrong with ur country? ur the richest and most modern in the world yet you partly still live in the wild west.

you clearly don´t see the difference between the massive amount of useless firearms ( i cant resent it, after all this is your countries financial backbone, you know, create flash points somewhere in the world and import lots of weapons and then make $$$$$$$$$PROFIT$$$$$$$$ ) and the highest amount of gun homicides amongst modernized countries.
not the highest violent crime rate though....

from FBI.gov: in 1992, the violent crime rate in the US was 757.7 per 100,000 people and a murder rate of 9.3 per 100,000

in 2011, the violent crime rate was 386.3 per 100,000...that would be a 50% reduction in violent crime... and the murder rate was 4.7 per 100,000 which is a 54% decrease

so, violent crime and murder rates in a country go down...that's justification for banning guns!?

again, from FBI.gov: in metropolitan areas of over 250,000 people or more, the violent crime rate is double the national average, so is the murder rate

this isnt a national issue, it's a big city issue....

from Homeoffice.gov.uk: (info for England and Whales only) population of 56 million....in 2011, there were 762,515 violent crimes...so, if you compare the number of violent crimes with the total population, you get a violent crime rate of 1361 violent crimes per 100,000 people...3.5 times the violent crime rate of the US and a murder rate of 1.3 per 100,000 people

so, less guns does not mean less violent crime.... while the murder rate there is lower, it is important to consider the amount of metro areas in the US versus the UK

the US has 186 metro areas where the population is 250,000 people or greater

in the UK (areas talked about) there are only 32 metro areas where the population is 250,000 people or greater

that's 6 times the major metro areas in the US vs the UK

a gun ban, specifically on "assault rifles" is a ridiculously unneeded step.... especially when you consider that in 2011 out of all the homicides that were caused by firearms, only 3.5% were caused by rifles... and the "assault rifle" style of rifles is only a subset of the rifle group.

there is violent crime everywhere.... but where it is the worst in the US, it's also the most crowded and filled with poverty stricken people. you can try to blames guns and the NRA all you want to for the crime but the statistics are there. you can pick and choose the ones you like best, when you look at the WHOLE picture, you see that the issue isnt with the tool, it's the people. there are (from some reports) up to 300 million firearms owned in the US as of 2010.... and still, a lower violent crime rate than the UK, where guns are basically banned.

GlassToTheArson, pbaj12
Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:887
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss524
Re: Letter to Diane Feinstein from a U.S. Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookdavook View Post
Obviously there are many insane people in your country, why else should everyone have guns at their home? "Responsible gun owners" going to the shooting range with their kids on weekends ye.. Fact is that firearms play a major role in every American´s life from birth on ( http://www.biggamehunt.net/graphics/...un_review2.jpg http://resources1.news.com.au/images...ding-rifle.jpg http://womenofcaliber.files.wordpres...D300%26h%3D211 ). It is sick. Sick and disgusting. You love your goddamn shooting irons and you just dont like to get rid of them. Wake up people, you dont have to defend yourself from the King of England anymore Like someone already said in this thread, it is a circle of denial, and I am glad I am not caged inside it.
Major role? Do you really think all we do is shoot and snort gun powder? Is everything gun related banned where you're from? No movies, toys, video games? Since there's no gun related stuff, there's no violence or murders there right..just a bunch of people sipping tea and shitting rainbows?

"Fact is" my parents didn't have guns around when I was growing up. Prior to owning guns, I went shooting once. Friends that I've taken shooting have never gone before me. Do you really think 88 out of 100 people own guns here?

Why should *I* have to get rid of my guns? Please don't include if, could or might in your response.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
Froctopus, GlassToTheArson