Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1866
Re: Letter to Diane Feinstein from a U.S. Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
So walking into a gun shop that requires no background check is illegal?

Why does the shop exist then?

In a country which doesn't trust its government. has paranoia coming out of its ears and no-go areas for anything but an armed brigade of heavily armed SWAT team, you sure do spout a lot of shit.

I'd rather not live in a country where someone with a gun can take a disliking to you because you somehow tresspassed on their property by accident and they shot you.

Or you got into a fight and heeey, I GOT A GUN! Why dont I shoot you and claim self defense?

You telling me some white boy from the suburbs would find it easier to get a weapon in the hood than some random gun shop or his own mothers collection?

When the next so-called "crazy" person goes ape and shoots your precious American life to smithereens, I'll be here to remind you that you have 0 control over your weapons and absolutely no chance in hell of stopping it happening because you think your guns will protect you.

Its like a circle of denial, it becomes more problematic as time goes on. Please tell me when someone you know gets wasted by a "crazy", I'll gladly point out the flaws in your gun controls, your access to weapons and you ridiculous carry permits.
People like you are what's wrong with my country.

BigFoot
The Following Users Disliked This Post By GlassToTheArson:
meade2763
Old 01-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss51381

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenek View Post
We need to register all guns and ban violent media. Before assault rifles, before mass media crammed violence down our throats, violence didnt exist. Its not as if there was, like, two World Wars, or the Crusades, or pogroms, or witch burnings, or a Belgian Congo, or the French Revolution, and on and on and on and on....

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
five%20stars.jpg  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
fenek, GlassToTheArson
Old 01-05-2013, 05:54 PM
GlassToTheArson
Offline:
Yaut'ja Elite
Poster Rank:386
Male
Contributions: 11

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1866

Fen, you got friggin stars! FIVE of em! You lucky duck

Old 01-06-2013, 03:13 AM
fenek
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1231
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss308

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassToTheArson View Post
Fen, you got friggin stars! FIVE of em! You lucky duck
Really, this is rare! Last time I made a sarcastic comment I got like 10 groans

The Following User Says Thank You to fenek For This Useful Post:
GlassToTheArson
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 AM
fenek
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1231
Male

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss308

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
So walking into a gun shop that requires no background check is illegal?

Why does the shop exist then?

In a country which doesn't trust its government. has paranoia coming out of its ears and no-go areas for anything but an armed brigade of heavily armed SWAT team, you sure do spout a lot of shit.

I'd rather not live in a country where someone with a gun can take a disliking to you because you somehow tresspassed on their property by accident and they shot you.

Or you got into a fight and heeey, I GOT A GUN! Why dont I shoot you and claim self defense?

You telling me some white boy from the suburbs would find it easier to get a weapon in the hood than some random gun shop or his own mothers collection?

When the next so-called "crazy" person goes ape and shoots your precious American life to smithereens, I'll be here to remind you that you have 0 control over your weapons and absolutely no chance in hell of stopping it happening because you think your guns will protect you.

Its like a circle of denial, it becomes more problematic as time goes on. Please tell me when someone you know gets wasted by a "crazy", I'll gladly point out the flaws in your gun controls, your access to weapons and you ridiculous carry permits.
I'm grossed out by your hostility towards Americans. Everyone who owns a gun is a right-wing, populist nut? Or praying for the day when they get to 'defend themselves'? Please.

To me, all this talk about banning guns and vilifying gun owners (especially when most do not own guns to defend themselves against criminals, or any right wing conspiracy) is no more than avoiding a sense of collective responsibility we should all feel for what is clearly a social trend. There is such an emphasis placed on the individual nowadays. If we dont stand out in some way, our lives are worthless - we're failures. Obviously shooting up a school is a two for one kind of situation. Not only do you get to stand out to such a degree you become famous, you also get to impose your will on everyone.

Who knows. Maybe thats not it. Or maybe its part of it. The point is that looking into ourselves and examining our cultural/social values is infinitely more useful than shouting about how banning guns will eliminate these sort of crimes. Because it wont. You don't need a gun to make ANFO or something like it, and I personally find that sort of thing much more terrifying.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fenek For This Useful Post:
Froctopus, GlassToTheArson, pbaj12
Old 01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
GlassToTheArson
Offline:
Yaut'ja Elite
Poster Rank:386
Male
Contributions: 11

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1866

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenek View Post
I'm grossed out by your hostility towards Americans. Everyone who owns a gun is a right-wing, populist nut? Or praying for the day when they get to 'defend themselves'? Please.

To me, all this talk about banning guns and vilifying gun owners (especially when most do not own guns to defend themselves against criminals, or any right wing conspiracy) is no more than avoiding a sense of collective responsibility we should all feel for what is clearly a social trend. There is such an emphasis placed on the individual nowadays. If we dont stand out in some way, our lives are worthless - we're failures. Obviously shooting up a school is a two for one kind of situation. Not only do you get to stand out to such a degree you become famous, you also get to impose your will on everyone.

Who knows. Maybe thats not it. Or maybe its part of it. The point is that looking into ourselves and examining our cultural/social values is infinitely more useful than shouting about how banning guns will eliminate these sort of crimes. Because it wont. You don't need a gun to make ANFO or something like it, and I personally find that sort of thing much more terrifying.
I wish I could thank this multiple times rock the hell on!

Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Lookdavook
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3055

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassToTheArson View Post
I wish I could thank this multiple times rock the hell on!
yeh i would do the same when someone keeps on talking for me after i´ve been baffled by overwhelming facts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...-homicides-map

what the heck is wrong with ur country? ur the richest and most modern in the world yet you partly still live in the wild west.

you clearly don´t see the difference between the massive amount of useless firearms ( i cant resent it, after all this is your countries financial backbone, you know, create flash points somewhere in the world and import lots of weapons and then make $$$$$$$$$PROFIT$$$$$$$$ ) and the highest amount of gun homicides amongst modernized countries.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Lookdavook:
GlassToTheArson
Old 01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:885
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookdavook View Post
yeh i would do the same when someone keeps on talking for me after i´ve been baffled by overwhelming facts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...-homicides-map

what the heck is wrong with ur country? ur the richest and most modern in the world yet you partly still live in the wild west.

you clearly don´t see the difference between the massive amount of useless firearms ( i cant resent it, after all this is your countries financial backbone, you know, create flash points somewhere in the world and import lots of weapons and then make $$$$$$$$$PROFIT$$$$$$$$ ) and the highest amount of gun homicides amongst modernized countries.
I think saying we're the richest and most modern country is going a bit far. Have you been here? Do people of the world still think our streets are paved with gold and not full of potholes?
Does debt=wealth? Does getting a loan for $2 million make me a millionaire?
I know a good amount of people have a lifetime of debt. Student loans are over $1 trillion and credit card debt isn't too far away from there. A lot of states are struggling with debt. And you've probably heard about the $120,000,000,000,000+ that the next generations will have to deal with..

A lot of us understand the more guns there are the more deaths by guns there are. Just as I expect the more McDonalds and unhealthy food options there are the higher heart disease is.

What a lot of gun control people want is either a ban or crazy restrictions on people.
If you ban guns, most of the guns you'd end up with are from people that would never use them for bad.
Is that fair? Would that solve the problem?
If we placed restrictions on guns, would a murderer care about them?
There would need to be a different approach, like buy backs that make it worthwhile to turn guns in. Not giving a person the rest of their life to relax in a cell for killing someone. If guns are still sold, make sure the person is sane and take classes on safety.

BUT blaming responsible gun owners for insane people going out and killing others...

The Following User Says Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
GlassToTheArson
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Lookdavook
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3055

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss74

Obviously there are many insane people in your country, why else should everyone have guns at their home? "Responsible gun owners" going to the shooting range with their kids on weekends ye.. Fact is that firearms play a major role in every American´s life from birth on ( http://www.biggamehunt.net/graphics/...un_review2.jpg http://resources1.news.com.au/images...ding-rifle.jpg http://womenofcaliber.files.wordpres...D300%26h%3D211 ). It is sick. Sick and disgusting. You love your goddamn shooting irons and you just dont like to get rid of them. Wake up people, you dont have to defend yourself from the King of England anymore Like someone already said in this thread, it is a circle of denial, and I am glad I am not caged inside it.

The Following 2 Users Disliked Lookdavook For This Post:
Froctopus, GlassToTheArson