Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5484
Re: At Least Ten Killed in Charlie Hebdo Shooting in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODISNOTGREAT View Post
I would call these guys pretty ballsy for chasing after the police, but it is so ridiculous that police are unarmed in France...
The smallest weapon they (the National Police [Police nationale] and Gendarmerie are equipped with is the SIG Pro (SP 2022 variant: 2022 as they are meant to stay in service until the year 2022).
Obviously it pales when compared to any assault rifle, but yet it IS a firearm.
Now- Police nationale = 150,000 employees Gendarmerie = 100,000 units more or less
- both agencies made a contract to buy 250.000 handguns of that model, do the math

it would really make no sense to leave someone of them unarmed (noobs aside), i hope some french fellow member will be able to shed some light on this... One of the two brothers asked to Merabet, right before the execution “You want to kill us?” and he raised his hands in what looked like a plea for mercy and said something like "No, it’s OK", not exactly what you would expect from some trained + experienced + armed police officer. Whatever is the reason he was apparently unarmed, that video was really hard to digest for me, and I've seen MUCH crazy shit here, there and in real life
The female cop shot dead in Montrogue was unarmed for sure, but she had only been in the job for 15 days, which makes sense.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 01-13-2015, 03:06 PM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5484

And thanks for the new video
GODISNOTGREAT, i'll upload it before it strangely disappears from YT

Something went wrong, try refreshing the page...

Picture and Video Clip Stats.
File Type: mp4 Watch-%20New%20footage%20of%20Charlie%20Hebdo%20Paris%20attack%20%2813-01-2014%29.mp4(4.64 MB, 111 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, mmeroyale, Oswald2001
Old 01-13-2015, 03:42 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
I never once said I disagreed with these cartoons, in fact I find them funny. I just stated the obvious, they asked for what they received. I say shit all the time that would land me in similar situations but I'm not doing/saying it on a level like they do.
The truth obviously hurt, but that's not an excuse - on any level to kill someone.

There's nothing anyone at Charlie Hebdo said/drew that makes this ok. Once people start silencing themselves out of fear, the enemy has won.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
BBKF, gatagato, icheerthebull, Kelseecat65, niknik, Oswald2001, Pigeon, Pyramid_Head
Old 01-13-2015, 04:12 PM
GODISNOTGREAT
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:233
it's free if you boof it

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3821

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
The smallest weapon they (the National Police [Police nationale] and Gendarmerie are equipped with is the SIG Pro (SP 2022 variant: 2022 as they are meant to stay in service until the year 2022).
Obviously it pales when compared to any assault rifle, but yet it IS a firearm.
Now- Police nationale = 150,000 employees Gendarmerie = 100,000 units more or less
- both agencies made a contract to buy 250.000 handguns of that model, do the math

it would really make no sense to leave someone of them unarmed (noobs aside), i hope some french fellow member will be able to shed some light on this... One of the two brothers asked to Merabet, right before the execution “You want to kill us?” and he raised his hands in what looked like a plea for mercy and said something like "No, it’s OK", not exactly what you would expect from some trained + experienced + armed police officer. Whatever is the reason he was apparently unarmed, that video was really hard to digest for me, and I've seen MUCH crazy shit here, there and in real life
The female cop shot dead in Montrogue was unarmed for sure, but she had only been in the job for 15 days, which makes sense.
Eric Holder was on the news fear mongering by saying how likely it is that these type of terrorist attacks would happen in the US, but I highly doubt it. Here in the States, if you steal a car, you have 20 cops chasing you in 5 minutes with a spike strip in front of your car in 10. If you rob a bank, you have an entire department outside just itching for you to fire at them so they can put you out of your misery. After the North Hollywood Shootout, most departments, especially in big cities, carry AR-15 assault rifles in their patrol cars for this specific reason. Two well armed terrorists would have certainly killed all the civilians they had, but would have been dropped by the police right at the scene.

Furthermore, who knows what all these civilians with cameras would be doing. I cant imagine there wouldnt be a few well armed people firing at them from the rooftops.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GODISNOTGREAT For This Useful Post:
gatagato, winvens
Old 01-13-2015, 04:49 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

The one thing that strikes me the most about all the vids of these guys is that they aren't in any big rush to get away. Kind of like they were going about their usual day in a "ho-hum" manner.

GING (my new name for you ) too many armed civilians here, too. As soon as word got out, I wonder if our armed civilians here would come together and help the cops hunt the fuckers down.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
gatagato, GODISNOTGREAT, Kelseecat65, Oswald2001
Old 01-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12566

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
The truth obviously hurt, but that's not an excuse - on any level to kill someone.

There's nothing anyone at Charlie Hebdo said/drew that makes this ok. Once people start silencing themselves out of fear, the enemy has won.
I agree with you 100% friend.

I was just stating I personally don't find this shocking that they got attacked like they did.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
gatagato, icheerthebull
Old 01-14-2015, 10:55 AM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post

I agree, there's no excuse or reasoning that defends the murders of people drawing political cartoons. The magazine went after all religions equally, so it's not just a anti Islam magazine. No other religious extremists even threatened violence.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
gatagato, K9Grip, Kelseecat65, Pigeon
Old 01-14-2015, 11:00 AM
niknik
Offline:
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6768 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13671

What's really sick is Obama and his goons won't even acknowledge this was a crime carried out in the name of religion. They're saying these terrorist aren't Muslims
Which shows this current administration won't be doing anything to fight this problem.
America is next, there will be a attack. And the left is making it much easier, especially the NYC mayor who stopped all surveillance in New York.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, Pigeon
Old 01-14-2015, 01:03 PM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5484

Ah-ah! I knew it!

French police arrest 54 people for 'defending or glorifying terrorism'

Quote:
At least 54 people have been detained by police in France for "defending or glorifying terrorism" in the wake of last week's attacks in Paris.

Many of the arrests are believed to stem from comments made on Facebook, Twitter and social media as the world reacted to the atrocities.

They are part of a broader French crackdown on perceived hate speech, extremism and anti-Semitism amid a government push for tougher anti-terrorism measures.

Anti-semitic French comedian Dieudonné was among those detained after he seemed compared himself to the gunman who murdered four people at a kosher supermarket, Amedy Coulibaly.

Dieudonné M’Bala M’bala, 48, who was being held for questioning at a Paris police station, could face possible charges of "apology for terrorism".

Paris state prosecutors had opened a formal investigation on Monday night into remarks made by the comedian on his Facebook page after the vast "Republican march" in Paris.

After mocking the media coverage of the rally, the comedian declared: "As for me, I feel I am Charlie Coulibaly".

A tweet sent from an official French police account had asked people to report Twitter users who were endorsing the Charlie Hebdo shooting, the BBC reported.

A spokesperson for the French government said some of the people arrested have already been convicted of the offence.

While the #jesuisCharlie hashtag became one of the most used in the site’s history, #jesuisKouachi, using the name of the brothers who carried out the Charlie Hebdo massacre, was tweeted thousands of times.

May Allah SWT accept those brothers as martyrs. To achieve shahadah on such a blessed day. Subhan Allah. #JeSuisKouachi

— Maryam مريم (@esperanza543) January 9, 2015
The president of the Representative Council of French Jewish Associations, Roger Cukierman, argued that Twitter should have censored the tweets as young people are now “educated” through social networks.

“How can we accept that Twitter is accepting such messages, they are collaborating with criminals. It should be subject to penal law," he told Sky News.

While some of the #jesuisKouachi posts appeared to express admiration for the Kouachi brothers and condoned their massacre, a far greater number seemed to be discussing the trend or expressing outrage at its existence.

Several people called for those using the hashtag to be arrested or even tracked down and killed by a drone strike.

Others used it as an example of freedom of speech, demonstrating that people’s instinct to censor something held to be offensive contradicted the liberal values professed in the wake of the terror attacks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...m-9977434.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull, Kelseecat65
Old 01-14-2015, 04:02 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatagato View Post
Ah-ah! I knew it!

French police arrest 54 people for 'defending or glorifying terrorism'
what happened to all that 'free speech' and 'right to offend'

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Pigeon