Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649
Re: At Least Ten Killed in Charlie Hebdo Shooting in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
You do realize Half the middle eastern Muslims tribes are the ones to blame, they sold themselves to the west. Idiot barbaric tribes then start fucking with western partners. Then they started taking their angst outside of the middle east on to westerners. So no one is to blame for act of idiotic terrorism, than those that commit it.

Their perceptual anger for the west started over 60 years ago. Please learn history before you spatter incoherent rants about playing the blaming game.

On a side note, you're from Germany- you still have a few hundred years before you can complain about other countries problems.
It's still illegal to show and discuss many things about WWII in Germany. A lot of the younger generations are clueless as to the true atrocities committed by Germany during that period.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, TheVrist, wujuan
The Following Users Disliked This Post By K9Grip:
MCBR
Old 01-08-2015, 03:22 PM
MCBR
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:76

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12857

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Grip View Post
It's still illegal to show and discuss many things about WWII in Germany. A lot of the younger generations are clueless as to the true atrocities committed by Germany during that period.
This comment probably tops oswald or pink in cluelessness.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By MCBR:
K9Grip
Old 01-08-2015, 03:38 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3902 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7027

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBR View Post
I can't speak to German youth but in the United States those born in late 90's and early 2000's are somewhat clueless about 9/11. Going back to WWII they know even less. They know they happened but everything that happened they are generally not aware. This has been my experience and I teach high school and college age students. Every year for the past few years the younger generation know less about 9/11. I always ask what happened September 11th, 2001 that changed society and if it is a class of younger students sometimes I hear crickets and have to remind them then they say, oh yeah. Forget using Pearl Harbor or D-day. So he has a valid point. They were just too young to be emotionally affected enough to remember exactly where they were when it happened and never being able to forget. But then again I do not live in Germany or New York. I can only speak from my own experiences.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
K9Grip, wujuan
Old 01-08-2015, 03:56 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:89
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4567 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11689

Quote:
We are all privy to history lessons, post white washed public school rhetoric.
Just most choose to avoid them.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:09 PM
schleifspur
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:522
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33dom View Post
They mean with that, that for example Muslim leaders in germany say that. And thats a fact.
If every muslim would be like you racists think then europe would already be destroyed there are so many muslims. But instead most of them live normal like everyone else.
But i see here, you guys are full indoctrinated.
You see a few hundred or thousand videos, and make a view on 1,8 billion persons.
Not bad. Sadly the US Forces dont film their crimes otherwise we would see the truth =)
Wow Freedom (the name is your mission) - you ´re really know how it workes here in Germany with the islam, don´t you?

You know nothing about that what media want you to know...
What do you know about PEDIGA, what about the occuping Germanys by U.S. forces untill 2099, what do you know about tha sharia, what about familiy clans abu chaker and miris, what about the springer verlag + atlantic bridge + saying "the islam has nothing to do with the islam"

please, stop being a fool and wake up by educating yourself - now!

Before you´re startig with your "knowledge" about germans calling me Nazi... i´m JEWISH!

By the way, my coran-loverboy - how many times the word "LOVE" does appear in this holy book?

Old 01-08-2015, 04:15 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Why don't you go look up the lists of Nazi films banned in Germany.

When I lived there I was asking questions to those of my same age and they didn't have a clue. It's not discussed at length as it is any other countries.

The Following User Says Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 01-08-2015, 04:22 PM
MCBR
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:76

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12857

Quote:
Why don't you go look up the lists of Nazi films banned in Germany.

When I lived there I was asking questions to those of my same age and they didn't have a clue. It's not discussed at length as it is any other countries.
Films =/= school.

It is discussed at length. Click here.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:26 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
We are all privy to history lessons, post white washed public school rhetoric.
Just most choose to avoid them.
Not my fault.
My education goes far past "white washed public school rhetoric."
Even at the university where I work they discuss at length what's banned in Germany and why so many choose to avoid certain events that happened.

Here's something pretty recent, a Goebbels summer property was for sale, but only to certain people.
"Berlin reserves the right, however, to decide not to sell if the bids are too low – or to reject the top bidder if it turns out they are somehow interested in glorifying the Goebbels past.

"We want to avoid a Nazi use or anything related," Daehne said. "We can say no and we will say no; nobody wants the right-wing scene there.""

If Germany wants the rest of the world to be "tolerant" of everyone, wouldn't that include those who choose to follow Nazi teachings? Push me to accept those who follow Sharia law, but not the principles of Nazism. As far as I'm concerned they're both dangerous and full of hate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
spudigitti, wujuan
Old 01-08-2015, 04:30 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

Quote:
Films =/= school.

It is discussed at length. Click here.
"Something that I think is interesting is that in museums and German books the Nazis are usually referred to in "3rd person".
"And then they did this .."
I suppose it's to be expected. It would maybe sound strange to refer to them in another way. But it still allows for a a bit of "psychological distancing" from everything. The Nazis could just as easily be a foreign group who had taken over the government. "Them".
Something that I don't hear or read a lot of is "wir"/we when referring to any history pre-45. I think "we" is used more in other countries when discussing their history. An American would say "yeah in 1917 we joined the war", or "In 1941 we were attacked". But I don't think a German would say "In 1914 we invaded France". It would probably be something like "In 1914 The German Empire invaded France". I doubt anyone would say "In 1939 we attacked Poland".
I don't think this is across the board, and I have nothing else other than my observations after living in Germany for a number of years. But I's say this "3rd person distancing" is something that happens a lot in discussions and writing."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65, MCBR, spudigitti, wujuan
Old 01-08-2015, 04:31 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649

BTW MCBR, you need to walk away from reddit. You use it for all your sources.

The Following User Says Thank You to K9Grip For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001