Go Back  

At Least 43 Dead in Head-on collision between bus & lorry @ France. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 10-26-2015, 01:41 AM
guims79
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:729

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss721
Re: At Least 42 Dead in Head-on collision between bus & lorry France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk View Post
I wonder what kind of brands the bus and the lorry were...

If enough heat was created you get a chain reaction. The seats are a rich fuel-source
In France every trucks, tractor pullers, bus, construction equipments ,and a large majority of cars use diesel. It's a safety law, stronger and much cheaper. In fact only motorbikes, and luxury cars use gasoline. boring ...I know...

Secondly, my father who's a school bus driver since ten years says that fuel tank of every bus is placed in the middle of it or at the back...And there are a least three emergency roof's hatches to escape in case of the bus fall on its side, many emergency hammers to break windows in addition of that. Bus is maybe the safer transport in an accident's case.

Agree with the fact everything in the bus can transform into fuel source but ...only 8 survivors????

Apparently they found nearly all the bodies stuck at the back of the bus. They tried to escape the flames coming from the front.

I wasn't there so cannot say but it sounds weird at all. Only a huge fireball effect could do so, and diesel does not turn into fireball.

Of course people have to be aware about such a tragedy and all my condolences to victim's famillies, but I think it's a great opportunity for medias and politics to stop talking about other things: No more immigrants coming in there, no more war in Syria, no more politic scandals, ISIS news, since one week it's all about that accident, every day news.

Forgot to mention that a 43th victim as been added to the count three days ago, dead in hospital from his (or her) burning injuries.

My god, living for around 70, 80 years, have experienced WW2 and dying like that?....Sometimes god is an asshole. (don't tell him I said that)

The Following User Says Thank You to guims79 For This Useful Post:
vagabond
Old 10-26-2015, 08:10 AM
b0g
Offline:
Poster Rank:713
transgender

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss738
Re: At Least 43 Dead in Head-on collision between bus & lorry @ France.

I saw an owner of some land near that accident say that this curve is tricky. He said that a truck and a bus cannot cross each other at 40 km/h without a scratch.

so the bus was descending a light slope, and was at the sharpest part of the curve. I read that the bus driver had the time to open doors before the impact when he noticed the truck and trailer before him in a scissor position. So he had not enough time to brake till stand still?

Edit: I saw an 3D animation of the accident: it placed the accident site 25 meters passed the sharpest part of the curve. So the placing of the animation is wrong.
Also the truck had seconds before an incident which caused the fatal position of the cabin.
And I saw a photo of the 31 old driver Cyril with his 3 year old son in his lap holding a truck steering wheel. A family of truckers dozed in by years of no accidents.

The Following User Says Thank You to b0g For This Useful Post:
vagabond
Old 10-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Berserk
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:923

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss484

Quote:
Originally Posted by guims79 View Post
In France every trucks, tractor pullers, bus, construction equipments ,and a large majority of cars use diesel. It's a safety law, stronger and much cheaper. In fact only motorbikes, and luxury cars use gasoline. boring ...I know...

Secondly, my father who's a school bus driver since ten years says that fuel tank of every bus is placed in the middle of it or at the back...
And there are a least three emergency roof's hatches to escape in case of the bus fall on its side, many emergency hammers to break windows in addition of that. Bus is maybe the safer transport in an accident's case.

Agree with the fact everything in the bus can transform into fuel source but ...only 8 survivors????

Apparently they found nearly all the bodies stuck at the back of the bus. They tried to escape the flames coming from the front.

I wasn't there so cannot say but it sounds weird at all. Only a huge fireball effect could do so, and diesel does not turn into fireball.
I know they drive on diesel

The truck stood sideways so with its fueltanks exposed to the upcomming traffic.

If the bus crashed with relative high speed into the truck so the fueltanks got hit with a massive force... a lot of energy and stopping such force creates a lot of friction.. and friction creates heat..

It's hard to imagine but it could be possible the diesel got ignited from the direct impact into the trucks fueltanks.
Diesel is a lot safer but it stay's a fuel..

Old 10-27-2015, 10:02 PM
guims79
Offline:
Poster Rank:729

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserk View Post
I know they drive on diesel

The truck stood sideways so with its fueltanks exposed to the upcomming traffic.

If the bus crashed with relative high speed into the truck so the fueltanks got hit with a massive force... a lot of energy and stopping such force creates a lot of friction.. and friction creates heat..

It's hard to imagine but it could be possible the diesel got ignited from the direct impact into the trucks fueltanks.
Diesel is a lot safer but it stay's a fuel..

Yep....probably right...Still sad...

A survivor woman (her husband apparently saved her life before being burned to death himslef) has been interviewed (not sure about my English here) on official tv french tv news yesterday.

She said that it was absolutely dark in the bus because of the smoke in a few seconds, and fire came from sides and roof, they were all absolutely blinded and compressed against each other, and didn't find the emergency exit....

I 'm becoming insensitive about human violence since few years ( maybe because of that website) but I can't stay so about those poor people's death. Not because they're french but elders...Old people, don't deserve to suffer like this before dying, life is painful enought.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guims79 For This Useful Post:
Berserk, Kelseecat65, vagabond
Old 10-28-2015, 02:07 AM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by guims79 View Post
Yep....probably right...Still sad...

A survivor woman (her husband apparently saved her life before being burned to death himslef) has been interviewed (not sure about my English here) on official tv french tv news yesterday.

She said that it was absolutely dark in the bus because of the smoke in a few seconds, and fire came from sides and roof, they were all absolutely blinded and compressed against each other, and didn't find the emergency exit....

I 'm becoming insensitive about human violence since few years ( maybe because of that website) but I can't stay so about those poor people's death. Not because they're french but elders...Old people, don't deserve to suffer like this before dying, life is painful enought.
What a horrifying way to go.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
vagabond
Old 10-28-2015, 04:43 AM
vagabond
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:142
female

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 6/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss6945
Re: At Least 43 Dead in Head-on collision between bus & lorry @ France.

What a sucky way to end your life.