Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1534
Re: Leaked ISIS Documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbondurant View Post
I can remember when the Syria channel came on line @ liveleak . I followed it in awe for several years , wanting us to help those poor people that were getting slaughtered . 25000 dead then 50000 and on and on .
As the civil war wore on , I started to gain more insight about Assad and started to think more along the lines as you were stating .
I'm not so sure that being an isolationist country would Benifit us or the world as a whole but I do agree that we should be very sparing with our military assistance . At best , arming particular groups to fight Thier oun wars .
I'm not suggesting isolationism, rather noninterventionism... sort of the same lines of Ron Paul. Business and trade? No problem... but it's not worth killing over. It's a net loss to the country, but certain groups make a hearty profit from war. Eisenhower warned us about the military-industrial complex, and from personal experience I can tell you he was right.
Spending tax dollars and getting our people killed (at home and abroad) is not worth keeping oil at a good price, even when we pretend it's for something else.
We have to stop fighting for G.O.D. (guns, oil, and drugs). I know it sounds like I should be wearing a tinfoil hat, but all the information is there to see.

I don't even know how keen I am with arming groups, at least not from our budget. Maybe there should be a legal loophole that allows individuals to fund foreign groups without going to jail... that way, if things go wrong, Joe Sixpack doesn't get stuck with the bill and the bad guys can take their anger out on who funded the opposition rather than the American public.
I think we need to understand just how new (and different) of a country we are before we start forcing other people to be like us. Even when we go off on nation-building adventures to spread democracy, we never set up a system like we use.

It's not that I'm against freeing the oppressed. On the contrary, it runs through my veins and I will always believe in fighting for those who are weaker if it's a just cause. But... I think it's a bad idea to send our whole country into a war like that. Especially when it's unpopular, and even more so when we don't know all the facts. If groups and individuals want to take up arms and go overseas, honestly I say let them go. Just make sure they are being held accountable for their actions if things get ugly.

The Following User Says Thank You to a175 For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 03-14-2016, 03:06 AM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:229

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3867

"America...goes not abroad ,in search of monsters to destroy .She is a well -wishes to the freedom and independence of all "
John Quincy Adams
On my nightstand is a copy of "For A New Liberty " Murray N.Rothbard .
I must open and hone my libertarian skills . Then I won't get isolationism and nonintervention mixed up .
I always thought G.O.D. Was a good orderly direction . Funny

The Following User Says Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
a175
Old 03-14-2016, 03:20 AM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
You seem to know quite a bit about the machinations of the governmental entities working that region at this moment in time. this is apparently a case of followig the information, following specific subjects or groups of subjects, and allowing them to perform certain actions until they are wither following their wishes or NOT, wither way....then the information is exposed to the public...including the anti government/anti public movements.....or the pro public actions....depending upon how it is wanted to be...ddepeding upon the desires of the governments...if you can call them that,

Then you have xonquest and domination or you have mass slaughter,,,,It may be in the form of a saviour or a despo.,
I'm sure your rite about the puppet master . It's all very complicated and most is well above my pay grade . The information is meant to deceive and deflect normal process . We could all very well have our heads spinning round and round rite up to the moment they are lopped off . Lol

Pink.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:33 AM
a175
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:435

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1534

Quote:
There is not a lot of coverage about the "ceasefire " in Syria . I would think this would be "hot news" ? I'm guessing it's all so tentative , no news is good news ?
Thought about you when I saw this earlier today, but I wanted to make sure multiple sources were covering it:
https://www.rt.com/news/335565-russi...hdrawal-syria/
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the start of the withdrawal of Russian forces from Syria, saying that its objectives have been largely achieved. Russia will however keep a military presence at the port of Tartous and at the Khmeymim airbase.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35807689

In a surprise move, Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered his military to start withdrawing the "main part" of its forces in Syria from Tuesday.
He said the Russian intervention had largely achieved its objectives.
The comments come amid fresh peace talks in Geneva aimed at resolving the five-year Syrian conflict.
Russia is a key ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose office said in a statement he had agreed to the move.
The pullout was "in accordance with the situation on the ground", the statement said.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a175 For This Useful Post:
rob666, wmbondurant
Old 03-15-2016, 02:19 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3867

Quote:
Originally Posted by a175 View Post
Thought about you when I saw this earlier today, but I wanted to make sure multiple sources were covering it:
https://www.rt.com/news/335565-russi...hdrawal-syria/
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the start of the withdrawal of Russian forces from Syria, saying that its objectives have been largely achieved. Russia will however keep a military presence at the port of Tartous and at the Khmeymim airbase.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35807689

In a surprise move, Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered his military to start withdrawing the "main part" of its forces in Syria from Tuesday.
He said the Russian intervention had largely achieved its objectives.
The comments come amid fresh peace talks in Geneva aimed at resolving the five-year Syrian conflict.
Russia is a key ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose office said in a statement he had agreed to the move.
The pullout was "in accordance with the situation on the ground", the statement said.
In passing I had heard that yesterday but had yet read anything , thank you !
That is indeed good news . I can hardly believe it though. Syria has been such a beautiful place in the to live and visit . The people are smart and beautiful . I hope they can make it last . It will take a trillion dollars to rebuild . The Chinese will rush in to lend money I'm sure .

a175
Old 03-15-2016, 02:46 PM
a175
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:435

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1534

Quote:
In passing I had heard that yesterday but had yet read anything , thank you !
That is indeed good news . I can hardly believe it though. Syria has been such a beautiful place in the to live and visit . The people are smart and beautiful . I hope they can make it last . It will take a trillion dollars to rebuild . The Chinese will rush in to lend money I'm sure .
Indeed. And as much as it may dishearten me to think that China might play such a large role, perhaps it is for the best.
There are some things that we hold on to for nothing else but the sake of stubbornness and resistance to change.
It is bittersweet. I want peace, more than anything else. And I know that America has the potential to be a peacemaker... but until we reach that potential I honestly believe we are better off not involving ourselves in global conflict. We have so much work to be done at home.

If peace is found, will it last? Certainly not in the way we dream of it. Everlasting peace on earth can never happen as long as we are in control. That would only come after our empires are but a memory, though I don't wish to rush to such a means to an end.
Rather, we should learn to, if nothing else, work for what's possible instead of what we yearn for. If China is better for them than we have been, I see no reason to fight over it in order to create some sort of utopian pipe-dream.

The Following User Says Thank You to a175 For This Useful Post:
wmbondurant
Old 03-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

The Russian pullout may be a good thing, and chinas involvement in rebuilding the country is probably a good thing as well. The US and Western Europe both need to distance themselves from any building or rebuilding of any Middle Eastern nations. we need to remove ourselves from those situations in a

methodical manner, hopefully, correcting some of the errors made in the process...

but mind you all.....we need to let go of all of the cold war mentality, and that is going to take time and effort.

Russia is one thing....and it can be easier managed and handled than will china. There are commonalities between the US and Western europe that do not exist between The US Western Europe and China, but it is NOT as difficult as the differences between Asia in general and the west than the Middle East and the West.

Oswald2001, wmbondurant
Old 03-15-2016, 11:53 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
The Russian pullout may be a good thing, and chinas involvement in rebuilding the country is probably a good thing as well. The US and Western Europe both need to distance themselves from any building or rebuilding of any Middle Eastern nations. we need to remove ourselves from those situations in a

methodical manner, hopefully, correcting some of the errors made in the process...

but mind you all.....we need to let go of all of the cold war mentality, and that is going to take time and effort.

Russia is one thing....and it can be easier managed and handled than will china. There are commonalities between the US and Western europe that do not exist between The US Western Europe and China, but it is NOT as difficult as the differences between Asia in general and the west than the Middle East and the West.
We have to protect our interests in the region .I think we can do it in such a way that doesn't bring too much light .the world is still full of bad guys who want to do us in and all the talk of power vacuums are real and an evolving threat to free people around the globe .
I'm not advocating intervention but hope
Our CIA and other special agencies will be working overtime along side the invisible military contractors to help stabilize the region .
We are so politically charged it's taboo to talk of these contractors or even admit they exist .

The Chinese are playing dirty pool ; for example North Korea ..... Everything North Korea does is signed off by the Communist party of China . China's shenanigans concerning the Senkaku and Diaoyu islands .
China manipulates its currency to enhance its international competitiveness .this currency manipulation is problematic , given our trade imbalances with China which equals 6% of our GDP.
With this in mind I would rather see Russia and other countries in the region start to rebuild the country they helped destroy .

Pink.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:13 AM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3867

Quote:
Originally Posted by a175 View Post
Indeed. And as much as it may dishearten me to think that China might play such a large role, perhaps it is for the best.
There are some things that we hold on to for nothing else but the sake of stubbornness and resistance to change.
It is bittersweet. I want peace, more than anything else. And I know that America has the potential to be a peacemaker... but until we reach that potential I honestly believe we are better off not involving ourselves in global conflict. We have so much work to be done at home.

If peace is found, will it last? Certainly not in the way we dream of it. Everlasting peace on earth can never happen as long as we are in control. That would only come after our empires are but a memory, though I don't wish to rush to such a means to an end.
Rather, we should learn to, if nothing else, work for what's possible instead of what we yearn for. If China is better for them than we have been, I see no reason to fight over it in order to create some sort of utopian pipe-dream.
I disagree about China but could probably be swayed in another direction given the proper logic .

As you stated earlier, we are a quarrelsome lot .
It's really kinda funny , this human experience;;;; I've become particularly fond of breathing , smelling and seeing as of late .
Also, more appreciative of the basics that make us distincly human .we get so wrapped up in the day to day grind and forget to enjoy life . I'm not too focused tonight , sry
Leo Tolstoy wrote a pretty boring and important book " the kingdom of God is within you "
Worth checking out .

Good lord ! Listening to all these candidates is making my head spin .

Old 03-16-2016, 04:39 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
We have to protect our interests in the region .I think we can do it in such a way that doesn't bring too much light .the world is still full of bad guys who want to do us in and all the talk of power vacuums are real and an evolving threat to free people around the globe .
I'm not advocating intervention but hope
Our CIA and other special agencies will be working overtime along side the invisible military contractors to help stabilize the region .
We are so politically charged it's taboo to talk of these contractors or even admit they exist .

The Chinese are playing dirty pool ; for example North Korea ..... Everything North Korea does is signed off by the Communist party of China . China's shenanigans concerning the Senkaku and Diaoyu islands .
China manipulates its currency to enhance its international competitiveness .this currency manipulation is problematic , given our trade imbalances with China which equals 6% of our GDP.
With this in mind I would rather see Russia and other countries in the region start to rebuild the country they helped destroy .
This ^ is among the main reasons that we need a better relationship....no matter how complicated and problematic that it will be.....with Russia.

a175, Oswald2001, wmbondurant