Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168
Lawyer: Martese Johnson is a Respected Leader, Did Not Produce Fake ID

Mar 19, 2015 : Martese Johnson's attorney addresses media
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -

Martese Johnson’s lawyer described his client as a well-respected leader at the University of Virginia.
Charlottesville leader talks about Martese Johnson as protests continue

Johnson was arrested early Wednesday morning by Virginia ABC agents outside of a Charlottesville bar. During the arrest Johnson suffered a gash to his head that required 10 stitches. He was charged with public intoxication and obstruction of justice.

“I’m shocked that my face was slammed into the brick pavement, just across the street from where I attend school. Three officers then pinned me to the ground, pressing their knees in my back, while blood flowed freely from the gash to my head. As the officers held me down, one thought raced through my mind: how could this happen? My head lay bloody, but unbowed,” Johnson’s lawyer, Daniel Watkins, read in a statement that Johnson prepared.

“I still believe in our community. I know this community will support me during this time. I trust that the scars on my face and head will one day heal but the trauma from what the ABC officers did yesterday will stay with me forever. I believe that we as a community are better than this. We cannot allow the actions of a few officers to ruin the community of trust we have worked so hard to build.”

Watkins disputed reports that Johnson produced a fake identification card. Watkins said Johnson was standing on the sidewalk outside of a bar when a bouncer asked him for identification. According to Watkins, Johnson gave the bouncer a valid Illinois ID. The bouncer then asked Johnson what his zip code was. Johnson gave his mother’s current zip code, which was different than the zip code on the ID that was printed in 2011, Watkins said.

Virginia ABC officers then questioned Johnson about a false ID. At some point, officers took Johnson down to the ground where he hit his head on the sidewalk.

“Martese Johnson is an upstanding young man with a bright future,” Watkins said. "Martese is a member of the UVA honor committee and has no criminal record whatsoever. He's worked hard for his bright future and we intend to fight the criminal charges against him with the utmost vigor."

The investigation is being handled by Virginia State Police. Johnson met with state police investigators Thursday. He also met with University of Virginia President Teresa Sullivan, who told him that she supports him, Watkins said.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lawy...ke-id/31902808

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
virginia-student-arrest.jpg  

Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 AM
sunairco
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1853
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168
Re: Lawyer: Martese Johnson is a Respected Leader, Did Not Produce Fake ID

I've been following this story since yesterday and something doesn't seem quite right here. While Wikipedia states that the age of consumption is 18 for beer and wine or 21 for liquor, the state website states 21 for an person purchasing beer or liquor. I don't live in the state and unfamilliar with the law. Restaurants, sanwich taverns, clubs, and other places like that willingly allow students entry near colleges and university premises. While I was in college, most all college campuses had a beer hall or tavern on campus and only carded at point of order, same with those off campus.

This kid is 20 according to the reports and below the legal age to drink.

He wasn't inside or tried to get inside.

He was stopped and demanded an ID outside the establishment.

Previous stories had the state beverage control officers claim he had a false ID, resisted arrest, was intoxicated, and swore.

Now they claim he had a valid Illinois ID, breathalyzer was negative, but resisted arrest and had to be subdued, but was NOT violent??? Oh yeah, public swearing. If somebody was smashing your face into the ground you're supposed to smile and say thank you?

However, at least in my state, anyone underage can enter a bar, order soda or anything else unless the establishement has a policy restricting otherwise and not dictated by law. Many clubs for example here will card for a limit of 18 even though beer and liquor sales are checked at the bar for 21 or over.

This guy never was inside.

Am I missing something here or is there a law there that says you can't be in proximity of a place serving alcohol or forbids entry below 21. Otherwise everything else says this was an abuse of power, immediate compliance, and perceived contempt of authority.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunairco For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 03-20-2015, 03:06 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Depends on the regulations in the area.

Where I live you can be denied access to a establishment for a lot of reasons even if you are of legal age.

If he was getting belligerent with security at the bar after being denied access, it could have lead to what happened.

Without the first few minutes of video it's all just speculation anyways.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Oswald2001
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss10534

Dis' all 'cause...da Black CULTCHA.

"Ah din doo nuffin'!"

"He din doo nuffin'!"

"We din doo nuffin'!"

Attached Images

Old 03-20-2015, 07:31 PM
spudigitti
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:71
male

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4706 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 5/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss13311

Old 03-21-2015, 12:33 AM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Dis' all 'cause...da Black CULTCHA.

"Ah din doo nuffin'!"

"He din doo nuffin'!"

"We din doo nuffin'!"
Every single thing that happens to a black person is based on their being part of "da black cultcha"?

When someone is arrested across the street from the school they are about to attend classes at because they gave their mothers zip code instead of the one on their ID, that's insane. Feel how you want about the "cultcha" but this kid was a white washed black guy, and not part of that "cultcha".

So continue to think what you want, but it shows obvious and blatant racism.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:27 PM
sunairco
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168

"Cultcha" or not, this is getting out of hand. As I noted in another post, something is now terribly wrong when the older, white folks with no criminal records or have any reasonable reason to be suspect are now being treated like the underclasses have been.

Police brutality and agressive, escalating behaviour has moved out of the marginalized and now being directed on general citizens. When white folks start talking about being afraid of cops and going out of their way to avoid them, you know something has changed radically escpecially since 9/11. It doesn't matter if you're from the 'hood or if you're wealthy from a respectable part of town anymore. You're as likely to be disrespected and abused driving while white in an escalade wearing a suit and tie with no priors commuting home as the thug appearing guy in the 'hood with his crew on board at 4AM.

Law enforcement is fast losing credibility and respect by the very people that supported them. Public trust has been broken and they wonder why they are being disrespected?

It's now gone well beyond racism and profiling.
When a former detective makes a remark that, "show me a person and I'll find you a crime", that's telling how they think now. A former KGB head was famous for that line.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:29 AM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunairco View Post
"Cultcha" or not, this is getting out of hand. As I noted in another post, something is now terribly wrong when the older, white folks with no criminal records or have any reasonable reason to be suspect are now being treated like the underclasses have been.

Police brutality and agressive, escalating behaviour has moved out of the marginalized and now being directed on general citizens. When white folks start talking about being afraid of cops and going out of their way to avoid them, you know something has changed radically escpecially since 9/11. It doesn't matter if you're from the 'hood or if you're wealthy from a respectable part of town anymore. You're as likely to be disrespected and abused driving while white in an escalade wearing a suit and tie with no priors commuting home as the thug appearing guy in the 'hood with his crew on board at 4AM.

Law enforcement is fast losing credibility and respect by the very people that supported them. Public trust has been broken and they wonder why they are being disrespected?

When a former detective makes a remark that, "show me a person and I'll find you a crime", that's telling how they think now. A former KGB head was famous for that line.
IMHO the only thing that's changed is that everyone has a camera on their phone these days, and the blue wall isn't what it used to be because of that.

20 years ago the cops would just make up a story to fit their narrative, stick together on it, and that would be that.

That being said though, it only takes a few bad ones to make them all look bad.
I really think that the vast majority are cops so they can try and make a difference.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob666 For This Useful Post:
invertigo, wujuan
Old 03-23-2015, 10:56 AM
sunairco
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss168

You're absolutely right, except for one thing, that "thin blue line" as you're referring to has now extended to the entire masses over the years. Personal video devices have exposed that for all to see. What used to occur to marginalized out of sight of the majority in the name of "law and order" is now employed on the rest now.
Regarding the bad ones. Again, that thin blue line mandates complicity. Think Serpico. No cop want's to find themselves without support. Complicity can be a death sentence for a "good" cop. The blue culture has to change. It's denigrated to a legal gang or organized, state sactioned crime status that govermental organizations and the judicial system fear taming or interceding. If you ever want to get into the mindset of a cop, there's several .pdf's of "how to arrest proof yourself" online. Interesting read from a former local county police officer that moved to the FBI, then became an atty.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunairco For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6771 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13673

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunairco View Post

At last a person with a brain. This behavior by police is across the board. It's not a black thing, and the media and some of black America portraying it as such is irresponsible and sickening.

What's extremely sad, if this kid was white, nobody would even care. Especially the media.