Poster Rank:632

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883
LAPD, Torrance Police Shot At Innocent People In Frenzied Hunt For Cop Killer

So I guess it's shoot first, ask questions later for the LAPD now.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Police officers shot innocent people during the frenzied manhunt for Christopher Dorner, a former cop suspected of murdering 3 people and shooting several more.

Officers from the Los Angeles and Torrance police departments engaged in two separate shootings Thursday morning in Torrance, Calif., reports KTLA. They had come across two different vehicles that were similar to the description of Dorner's getaway car, a gray 2005 Nissan Titan pickup.

The first shooting incident happened at 5:20 a.m. Officers from the Hollywood division of the LAPD shot two people who turned out to have no connection to Dorner's crimes. They were transported to the hospital with gunshot injuries.

The second incident occurred 25 minutes later and involved Torrance police. While shots were fired, there were no reported injuries.

In a press conference Thursday morning, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck confirmed that police shot innocent bystanders during the hunt for Dorner. He detailed the two victims' gunshot wounds:

"One has a minor gunshot wound and is in the process of being released. The second person is in stable condition, with two gunshot wounds," said Chief Beck. "Tragically, we believe this was a case of mistaken identity by the officers."

Sources tell the Los Angeles Times that the people shot by police were two women delivering newspapers. One was shot in the hand and the other in the back.

Dorner, a former LAPD officer and Navy reservist, is suspected of fatally shooting Cal State Fullerton basketball coach Monica Quan and her fiance, USC security officer Keith Lawrence. When Quan and Lawrence were found in their car Sunday evening, authorities publicly stated they had no known motive or suspects.

That changed Wednesday, when Dorner published a multi-page manifesto on Facebook implicating himself in the murders of Quan and Lawrence.

"I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty," wrote Dorner on his Facebook profile. The former cop blamed the LAPD for his termination, listing people he believed were responsible for his dismissal.

One of the people on the list included Quan's father, retired LAPD captain Randal Quan. Cpt. Quan had represented Dorner during his dismissal hearing before the police Board of Rights, reports Associated Press.

During a press conference that night, Irvine police Chief David L. Maggard announced a manhunt for Dorner, warning the public that he was armed and dangerous.

Thursday morning, Dorner is believed to have resumed his shooting rampage. More, from AP:

Early Thursday, the first shooting occurred in Corona and involved two LAPD officers working a security detail, LAPD Sgt. Alex Baez. One officer was grazed.
Later, two officers on routine patrol in neighboring Riverside were ambushed at a stop light, said Riverside Lt. Guy Toussaint. One died and the other was in surgery. The officers shot were not actively looking for Dorner, Toussaint said.

Anyone with more information about Dorner's whereabouts is encouraged to call police at 213-486-5230. Reach the police during non-business hours at 877-LAPD-24-7.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

Thread Contributions
54693_bc3edbb64b95e78b8669b0e7555b9f22_0dde80067c269698d6466054d954a32f.jpg  

chris-dorner-11.jpg  

christopher_dorner_cnn_package_400x405.jpg  

Contributors to this thread: Brometheus (18)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xstunt1ngx For This Useful Post:
Blu, icheerthebull, Kanda444, kellyhound, pbaj12, Pyramid_Head, Rudebwoy, Wage
Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 AM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3029
Re: LAPD, Torrance Police Shot At Innocent People In Frenzied Hunt For Cop Killer

HAHAHAHAAH Not laughing at the victims but more at these goofy ass police. Now we know the rogue cop has a legitimate reason. I hope the victims get millions and I won't hope for the cops terminations cause I know it aint happening.

The Following User Says Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
icheerthebull
Old 02-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss12567
Re: LAPD, Torrance Police Shot At Innocent People In Frenzied Hunt For Cop Killer

So they're trying to bring this killer to justice, yet here they are doing the same shit.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
AmericanIllusions, fenek, icheerthebull, Kanda444, kellyhound, pbaj12
Old 02-08-2013, 12:03 PM
DannyDrama
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:355
Contributions: 1

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2093

Look for guy with gun - shoot old ladies with papers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DannyDrama For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, LiquidSky
Old 02-08-2013, 06:59 PM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrama View Post
Look for guy with gun - shoot old ladies with papers
Exactly wtf, this is getting out of control now.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

its like a plot straight out of the movies.. and they still haven't found him. I kind of dont want them to find him.. I want to see if they'll investigate the cops further after all of this is done, whichever way it plays out.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper wasn’t expecting a package to arrive at his office, neatly addressed to him by the most wanted man in California.

The manila envelope arrived at Cooper’s office on Feb. 1, days before ex-LAPD cop Christopher Dorner went on a shooting rampage, killing 3 people and injuring 2 others.

The package contained a letter, a DVD and a bullet-riddled souvenir coin of the type given out by the police chief.
The letter inside the package read, in part, “I never lied.”
The package is en route to the LAPD in California, where it will be carefully examined for fingerprints and other clues.
Cooper discussed the contents of the package on his show, Anderson Cooper 360 Degrees, with LAPD psychologist Kris Mohandie.

The psychologist described Dorner as “narcissistic,” and.. a man who “feels victimized” and is looking to “inflict that on other people that he believes are to blame.”
Mohandie described Dorner’s actions as both “homicidal and suicidal,” but “he’s not crazy in the classic sense.”

“He’s not insane. He doesn’t have a serious mental illness like that,” said Mohandie. “This is a man who feels like he is justified in doing whatever he needs to do to get his message out there. He’s narcissistic.”
Dorner was fired from the LAPD for making false statements about other LAPD officers.

Meanwhile, the intense manhunt continues for Dorner who is still on the loose and is considered extremely dangerous.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
Rudebwoy
Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

I feel bad for the guy for being screwed over and everything else, but that doesn't excuse killing people.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
Azimuth
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Contribution to the thread by Brometheus:

54693_bc3edbb64b95e78b8669b0e7555b9f22_0dde80067c2 69698d6466054d954a32f.jpg

chris-dorner-11.jpg

Christopher_Dorner_CNN_package_400x405.jpg

Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 AM
GanjaLoco
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:111
<3 My Girl

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8923

The two dead people were found 2 minutes away from my work. When the guy killed the cop, my coworkers house was around the corner and he heard the shots!!