Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520
Lanza May Have Believed Mother Loved School More Than Him

*I was unable to embed the video. I know some hate links, but, it is the best I could do.*

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ries=obnetwork

Reports: Lanza may have been angry about mother's plans

Local resident says Adam Lanza, who killed 26 people at a Newtown school, may have believed his mother loved the school more than him.

Pastor's son talks of possible clash between Lanza and his mother.

Lanza killed 20 students and 6 adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Family acquaintance says mother was planning to commit Lanza to a psychiatric facility.

An acquaintance of the family of Connecticut mass murderer Adam Lanza says he may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, foxnews.com reports.

And The Washington Post quotes a Lanza family friend as saying Lanza's mother was considering moving to Washington state so Adam could attend a special school there.

"He was her whole life," Mark Tambascio, a restaurant proprietor and close family friend, told the Post.

Foxnews.com reports that Joshua Flashman, a Marine who grew up near the Newtown school, said he believes Adam Lanza targeted Sandy Hook Elementary after killing his mother early Friday because he believed she loved the school "more than she loved him."

Flashman, 25, is the son of a pastor at a church where many of the families of the victims worship.

"From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told the website. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off."

Nancy Lanza, 52, would have needed court approval to have an adult committed to a psychiatric facility.

Flashman's father, Pastor Richard Flashman of Beacon Hill Evangelical Free Church in Monroe, Conn., said in a statement that "the information Josh spoke to them (Fox News) was hearsay and not confirmed.... I am perplexed why Fox News would run with it."

The pastor's secretary, Eileen Bell, said the pastor is not the source of the information his son provided. The Lanza family did not worship at Beacon Hill and Pastor Flashman did not know them, she said.

Lanza, 20, attended Sandy Hook in his youth, and Flashman told foxnews.com that Lanza's mother had volunteered there for several years. Two law unnamed enforcement officials told the website they believed Nancy Lanza had been volunteering with kindergartners at the school. Foxnews.com, citing unnamed sources, said most of Lanza's victims were first-graders whom they believe Nancy Lanza may have worked with last year.

Multiple sources have said that Adam Lanza was very bright but suffered from Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, and unspecified mental and emotional problems. USA TODAY has not been able to confirm the information.

Liza Gold, a forensic psychiatrist at the Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, says that the families of mentally ill patients face heavy burdens -- and can be the most vulnerable to harm. That's partly because a mentally ill person has more contact with family than anyone else, she says.

Most people with mental illness are not violent, Gold notes. Mentally ill people are far more likely to harm themselves -- or be injured by others who prey on them.

When a psychotic person does become violent, "the most likely one to be killed is his mother," Gold says. "She's the only one who never walked away."

Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 PM
LadyCPlum
Offline:
My Rank: CAPTAIN
Poster Rank:137
All woman

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 9/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss7190
Re: Lanza May Have Believed Mother Loved School More Than Him

His mother was a freak, she was a member of this Doomsday cult that believed the world was going to end coinciding with the Mayan calendar, and she had a stockpile of weapons in their home. My brother owns two handguns and an assault rifle plus a shotgun. He has two kids, my 6-year old nephew and my 4-year old goddaughter. Wanna know where his guns are? In a safe that requires more than one combination to get into it! My father owns a shotgun plus a Walther and a Luger. They are locked away in their cases, then inside a storage box, and nobody but he knows where the key is. A lot of people are beginning to wonder if the mother doesn't share culpability with her son because she should have had those weapons locked the hell up, especially if she knew her son had emotional and psychological problems to begin with. This end of days crazy group she belonged to might also need a visit from the ATF pretty soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyCPlum For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, GlassToTheArson
Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 PM
vamptay
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:598
Female.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss951

Actually his mother had no connection to the school (fox news reports). They said it was a random act of voilence brought on by mental illness. ( all info is from Fox News)

Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamptay View Post
Actually his mother had no connection to the school (fox news reports). They said it was a random act of voilence brought on by mental illness. ( all info is from Fox News)

Was the mother not a kindergarten teacher at that school prior to her working there part-time?

We'll never know his motive for sure, unless the murderer left a journal.

Sad all those babies, and from all accounts, great people who worked for the school, had to be killed!