Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3660
Re: KONY 2012

This shit is all over facebook and now on here.

/palmface

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ices For This Useful Post:
5umguy24, ernyzaz, slash4321, Zurria
Old 03-07-2012, 04:38 PM
ernyzaz
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:1027

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss407

um agree with your concerns and video also, but all they do atm colecting money and selling shirts. So we need to change the system, not try to fix it with money, etc. I highly recomend you to watch zeitgeist mate :)

Old 03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Parannoyed
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:239
Male ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3679

Yeah this was all over facebook so i decided to look at who invisible children are and...

"First of all as a person from Northern Uganda, I would like to thank you, the Martin County Children for your effort to assist the children of Northern Uganda.
How ever i am also sad to say that Organisation like 'Invisible children' have turned from caring organisations to Fraudulent and scam. The directors of Invisible children forgot what they stated back in 2005 and have now turned to greed. Only less than 25% of money they have been raising in the name of the children of Northern Uganda gets there to the children.
The directors of Invisible children have turned this money to become their very personal money. The directors now drive expensive cars and refer to themselves as Movie directors. They have been shunned by all international Northern Uganda associations in Canda, UK, Sweden and even in Sandiego USA.
Associations such as "acholi in diaspora"(canada) Acholi association(UK) Freinds for Peace in africa(USA). Peace in Northern Uganda group(Sweden). "Campaign to end genocide in Northern Uganada)(USA) and many more.
"invisible children' functions are boycotted by many ugandans who are aware that they recieved bribes from General Salim Saleh to focus the suffering of the Northern Uganda Children to the Rebels...rather than tell the whole truth that both the rebels and Uganda government ave comitted atrocities and Genocide againts the acholi people of Northern Uganda..
Northern Uganda members of parliament have added 'invisible children' to their list Of NGO's under investigation for fraud.
They have been requested to publicly declare their accounts since 2005 however untill today that has not been done.
Your contributions are better off being sent directly to the children in Northern Uganda rather than to enrich the directors of 'invisible children'"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parannoyed For This Useful Post:
ernyzaz, KKSki
Old 03-07-2012, 04:54 PM
ernyzaz
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:1027

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss407

agree with paralayzed. And i think its less than 25 percent. I like the idea but, as i sayed we need change system from roots, not by fixing with money

Old 03-07-2012, 07:21 PM
slash4321
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1446
Male

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parannoyed View Post
Yeah this was all over facebook so i decided to look at who invisible children are and...

"First of all as a person from Northern Uganda, I would like to thank you, the Martin County Children for your effort to assist the children of Northern Uganda.
How ever i am also sad to say that Organisation like 'Invisible children' have turned from caring organisations to Fraudulent and scam. The directors of Invisible children forgot what they stated back in 2005 and have now turned to greed. Only less than 25% of money they have been raising in the name of the children of Northern Uganda gets there to the children.
The directors of Invisible children have turned this money to become their very personal money. The directors now drive expensive cars and refer to themselves as Movie directors. They have been shunned by all international Northern Uganda associations in Canda, UK, Sweden and even in Sandiego USA.
Associations such as "acholi in diaspora"(canada) Acholi association(UK) Freinds for Peace in africa(USA). Peace in Northern Uganda group(Sweden). "Campaign to end genocide in Northern Uganada)(USA) and many more.
"invisible children' functions are boycotted by many ugandans who are aware that they recieved bribes from General Salim Saleh to focus the suffering of the Northern Uganda Children to the Rebels...rather than tell the whole truth that both the rebels and Uganda government ave comitted atrocities and Genocide againts the acholi people of Northern Uganda..
Northern Uganda members of parliament have added 'invisible children' to their list Of NGO's under investigation for fraud.
They have been requested to publicly declare their accounts since 2005 however untill today that has not been done.
Your contributions are better off being sent directly to the children in Northern Uganda rather than to enrich the directors of 'invisible children'"
http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ry&orgid=12429
This website seems to suggest that 80% of revenue IS spent on programmes, so i'm not entirely sure where that person got their information from It seems like a wholly good charity to me.

Although, I am sick of people posting this on facebook, unless they're actually going to donate! I mean, posting a video on facebook is doing nothing to help the children of Uganda.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 PM
scorpion9
Offline:
Poster Rank:2014

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss147

Quote:
I mean, posting a video on facebook is doing nothing to help the children of Uganda.
It does.

It spreads the message.
And if you post the video in FB, without donating, 100 people will see it, none of then will donate, but one decides to share it and post it on their page. and 100 will watch that, and one will decide to donate. And it has all paid off.
+ you forget that you dont have to donate, if you are 18+ and can vote, then this gives you power to do something as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion9 For This Useful Post:
Electriclarryland, HOOD, Kehko
Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 PM
slash4321
Offline:
Poster Rank:1446
Male

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss244

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion9 View Post
It does.

It spreads the message.
And if you post the video in FB, without donating, 100 people will see it, none of then will donate, but one decides to share it and post it on their page. and 100 will watch that, and one will decide to donate. And it has all paid off.
+ you forget that you dont have to donate, if you are 18+ and can vote, then this gives you power to do something as well.
True, I was probably a bit hasty in dismissing the importance

Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 PM
xstunt1ngx
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:632

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss883

Over night the Kony 2012 discussion has gone viral with close to 4 million views in 24 hours the Kony Revolution has started.But, is this organization a legitimate way to stop a problem that is occurring in Uganda, Africa? That is up to debate.

Recently, the founder of the organization went out to discuss and answer any questions regarding his movement to stop Kony. Quickly, many asked how has the money that was previously donated went to help individuals and children that in Africa. The Invisible Children organization rapidly issued links to their financial statements, as to how the money was allocated.

But, as one individual pointed out there are some problems that under lie their financial reports.

Wait, some of this isn’t true…

Saying you only spent 16.24% on admin isn’t really fair. Here’s the real breakdown from page 6 of your own financials…

Of the $8.9 million you spent in 2011:

$1.7 million in US employee salaries
$357,000 in Film costs
$850,000 in Production costs
$244,000 in “professional services” (DC lobbyists)
$1.07 million in travel expenses
$400,000 in office rent in San Diego
$16,000 in Entertainment
etc…
Only $2.8 million (31%) made it to your charity program (which is presumably further whittled down by local Ugandan officials and local management overhead) – what do the children actually get in goods & services?

Also, your rating on Charity Navigator isn’t because you don’t have an independent board (which is indeed a problem) – you lost 7 points because you haven’t had your financial book independently audited. …which is not a surprising given the use of cash noted above.

There are also some general criticisms of your organization of putting a little too much spin on the facts…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisib...Inc#Criticisms

http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02...ible-children/

http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/12...010-06-02.html

Source: Mariod505 (reddit.com)

Old 03-07-2012, 11:38 PM
MEMOR3X
Offline:
I'm Back
Poster Rank:613
Bloke

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

FFS I wish people would shut up about this and stop with all the bandwagon crap. All this has proved is that human beings are sheep and will do things without even questioning them.

It's a dodgy-as-fuck charity that supports an army accused of mass rape and mass murder.

NEXT.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Extraordinarily Ordinary
Poster Rank:396

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
18/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1854

Kind of sad knowing not ALL the proceeds, if any, go to the children of Uganda.