My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123
Re: Knut Ist Tot, Verschwunden! Mein Gott!

Yep...the death could have been avoided.

Sorry to rain on your vegan party too...............

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Funny_Pictures_7863.jpg  

Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 AM
rebel541
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1134

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss343

too many people in the world but if we nuke afghanistan,iran,india,china and hole africa we could release the animals in the rest of the world and all live happy ever after. lol:la ugh

Old 03-22-2011, 08:21 PM
eatonbeavers
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:498
male

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChockFullOfChock View Post
...and in other news over 23 million chickens were killed for human consumption today in the USA alone...
yumm tastes like chicken.
nom nom nom nom

Old 03-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

I clicked on a vid and saw a polar bear walking in circles......then saw it fall in the water. I couldn't watch it all. I feel like skinning one of those zoo keepers alive very slowly.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:49 PM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:123

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

Apparently they are going to stuff the bear and put him on display.

CBS/AP)

BERLIN -- Knut, the Berlin zoo's young celebrity polar bear who died suddenly Saturday, will be stuffed and put on display at the zoo's museum of natural history, sources tell CBS News.

The process of preparing Knut will take some time, but he will wind up being shown at the Museum fur Naturkind, the sources say.

The zoo says tests performed on Knut indicate that "significant changes" in the animal's brain led to his death.

The zoo said Tuesday that initial results from the necropsy examination performed by an institute in the German capital did not show changes to any other organs, but did cite "distinctive anomalies" in Knut's brain.

It didn't elaborate but said further tests, including bacteriological examinations, will take several days.

Amateur video of Knut's death surfaces

The 4-year-old polar bear died Saturday afternoon in front of visitors at the zoo, turning around several times and then falling into the water in his enclosure.

Polar bears usually live 15 to 20 years in the wild, and even longer in captivity, and the zoo is hoping the investigation will clarify what happened.

The sources say Knut's skin has already been collected in preparation for stuffing him. It's called a "derma plastic sculpture."

The sources add that Knut was fine, behaving normally in the days leading up to his death. He was playing, swimming, and climbing on rocks as usual.

He was in an enclosure with three female polar bears, including his mother. He'd been sharing the space with them for the last month.

Reports that the females antagonized Knut aren't true, according to the sources.

The other three polar bears are behaving normally and showing no signs of sickness or abnormality, the sources say. They says they don't think anything in the enclosure caused Knut's death, and they don't think the other bears in danger.

Knut was given time alone in the enclosure each day to give him a "break" from being with the females, the sources note. His collapse happened immediately after the females were put away on Saturday.