Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
I never called you crazy. I said i think you have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I said that because from reading what you wrote I recognise the symptoms. I recognise the symptoms because I have PTSD myself.
You have PTSD and what? is there a positive outcome? you will end up not panicking or freaking about whatever it is you have this disorder for?

I think you both have totally misunderstood me completely.
I have a lot of empathy, I give my last dollar to neighbour who had no money to feed their kids. I hand out money to t hose who need it. My kids eat before I do
what do i have now? seriously, I am not admitting to something I doubt I have. If not untreated its not going to have any difference in my life is it??

Old 10-01-2014, 01:39 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
I never called you crazy. I said i think you have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I said that because from reading what you wrote I recognise the symptoms. I recognise the symptoms because I have PTSD myself.
Yup...I have a mild case myself. I earned my PTSD honestly and I know tons of other coppers, firefighters, and former military that have it as well. Nothing to be ashamed of...comes with the territory. You get help, learn to deal with it as best you can, and go on living. You survive and move through the target. I'm quite lucky...mine is very mild compared to others. Just another scar from a life well lived.

I used the word "crazy" in describing this chick's unwillingness or inability to subjectively analyze herself. I thought my analogy was quite funny and to the point. I guess I hit a nerve with the word "crazy"...oh well. If she keeps avoiding, she better get use to that label...it just might stick.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:53 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymarls View Post
You have PTSD and what? is there a positive outcome? you will end up not panicking or freaking about whatever it is you have this disorder for?

I think you both have totally misunderstood me completely.
I have a lot of empathy, I give my last dollar to neighbour who had no money to feed their kids. I hand out money to t hose who need it. My kids eat before I do
what do i have now? seriously, I am not admitting to something I doubt I have. If not untreated its not going to have any difference in my life is it??
I'll be quite honest...I don't think you're ready to understand. Not trying to be an ass, but you seem somewhat dense. You have internet acess take some responsibility, do your research, and you determine what will happen if you go untreated. For God's sake, figure it out. Your handwringing is annoying. If you feel that you're completely fine and dandy, then shut up about it and go about your life. The traumatic event you witnessed was thrust upon you...what you do about lessening that trauma is up to you.