Go Back  

Kids Left in Cars - GRRR 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #11  
Old 09-26-2014, 04:46 AM
cheekymarls's Avatar
cheekymarls
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:384
Female
Join Date: Jul 2014
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
I understand where you're comming from but maybe the guy just didn't want his kids sucking down petrol fumes.
fair enough point
i guess seeing that baby nearly dead in car traumatized me that i notice it more than most i guess

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Blewvane's Avatar
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymarls View Post
fair enough point
i guess seeing that baby nearly dead in car traumatized me that i notice it more than most i guess
Your reactions are normal, we can't choose what traumatizes us and what its effects will be. Can i take a guess and say that when you saw the kids in the car at the servo you felt a bit sick then got angry?

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-26-2014, 05:59 AM
cheekymarls's Avatar
cheekymarls
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:384
Female
Join Date: Jul 2014
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
Your reactions are normal, we can't choose what traumatizes us and what its effects will be. Can i take a guess and say that when you saw the kids in the car at the servo you felt a bit sick then got angry?
seeing kids in car with windows up just instantly
takes me back to the original distressed baby, i do feel sick but not angry, just more panicked

Because In am on the road alot, I see alot of it. It continually haunts me on a weekly basis.

I once pulled over to a corner shop to get a drink. I noticed the kids were in the car, and yes windows up. I went in got my drink, came back out sat in car.. I was running late for an appointment but I found myself waiting for the lady to return. I timed 12 minutes and still not back. 14 minutes later she returned, then i think i breathed again and left. This one didn't affect me as bad because it was in middle of winter but i do think of the other danger - someone taking off with the car
lock me up and throw away the key

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-26-2014, 06:16 AM
Blewvane's Avatar
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker
Join Date: May 2009
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymarls View Post
seeing kids in car with windows up just instantly
takes me back to the original distressed baby, i do feel sick but not angry, just more panicked

Because In am on the road alot, I see alot of it. It continually haunts me on a weekly basis.

I once pulled over to a corner shop to get a drink. I noticed the kids were in the car, and yes windows up. I went in got my drink, came back out sat in car.. I was running late for an appointment but I found myself waiting for the lady to return. I timed 12 minutes and still not back. 14 minutes later she returned, then i think i breathed again and left. This one didn't affect me as bad because it was in middle of winter but i do think of the other danger - someone taking off with the car
lock me up and throw away the key
I won't make an assumption on the severity but it sounds like PTSD. Speak to a doctor about it, some doctors will tell you to speak to a therapist while others may take the time to try and help you themselves.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-26-2014, 08:35 AM
cheekymarls's Avatar
cheekymarls
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:384
Female
Join Date: Jul 2014
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
I won't make an assumption on the severity but it sounds like PTSD. Speak to a doctor about it, some doctors will tell you to speak to a therapist while others may take the time to try and help you themselves.
im just turned 50 and coped fine. I dont break down in sweats or anything.
If i see someone hurting a kid and pace, does that mean i have something else? lol

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-28-2014, 07:22 PM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

I've seen lots of bad stuff (as have many others here on DR), but it's my responsibility to control my feelings/emotions. You can't use PTSD as an excuse to act like a loon. I'm retired for a couple of years, but I still carry a handgun on a daily basis...if I reacted like you propose...can you imagine the damage? I hate to sound like an unsympathetic ass, but it's your issue and you should seek some type of counseling to help you cope better.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-28-2014, 07:24 PM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

By the way...you're going to either make some parent scared or pissed off and they're apt to hurt you. Get a grip on this before it's too late.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-28-2014, 08:42 PM
cheekymarls's Avatar
cheekymarls
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:384
Female
Join Date: Jul 2014
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
I've seen lots of bad stuff (as have many others here on DR), but it's my responsibility to control my feelings/emotions. You can't use PTSD as an excuse to act like a loon. I'm retired for a couple of years, but I still carry a handgun on a daily basis...if I reacted like you propose...can you imagine the damage? I hate to sound like an unsympathetic ass, but it's your issue and you should seek some type of counseling to help you cope better.
i never said i had PTSD, someone diagnosed me in here with it. I dont think i have anything, im just a mother of 3 who has seen something traumatic.. not everything has to be diagnosed. I have my own coping mechanisms in place for everything. I dont need to be consoled by a text book psych

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-28-2014, 08:43 PM
cheekymarls's Avatar
cheekymarls
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:384
Female
Join Date: Jul 2014
 
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
By the way...you're going to either make some parent scared or pissed off and they're apt to hurt you. Get a grip on this before it's too late.
who are you referring this too or what?

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-29-2014, 12:18 AM
30564U's Avatar
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade
Join Date: Aug 2013
 
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Not a textbook psych...which is funny because I can't read. Sorry for trying to help. If you must know, I think your wacky reaction to folks having children in their cars is way over the top and you're going to either have the local coppers called on you or someone is going to beat the hell out of you. Here's my idea...why don't you go to the library and pull out a book called the DSM V (and for those that don't have a background in psych treatment DSM V stands for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Volume 5). Look up PTSD and read all about the symptoms you described having in your posts...see if that might fit your ridicules reactions. My textbook analysis is that your coping mechanisms suck. And you know what...just continue doing what you're doing it sounds great...you'll get no more sympathy from me. Sorry for trying to help.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO