Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884
Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

i would shake this womans hand for doing what she did

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...baby/16036577/

When I was about 16 - I was working in my dads cafe, and i could hear this crying, painful crying from a baby. I couldn't find where it was coming from. I head outside trying to find where the crying was coming from and saw this baby inside a 4wd in 40deg heat and the baby was turning red
i screamed as i was heading back in the shop yelling out to my dad.
He got a hammer and smashed the window down
the mother was heading back to the car and started abusing my dad for smashing her window. He was about to smash her head down
the police and ambulance came. She was arrested and the baby was not in good shape. I always to this day wonder what happened to this day

Every time I see a baby in the car, i cannot move. I wait until the parent or carer returns. I have called the police so many times. One time, not long ago I just told a mum not to leave her kids in the car, she nearly knocked me down.
Just yesterday a guy was filling up his tank at a servo and car turned off, windows fully up and 2 babies in the car.

this is probably one thing that upsets me, as i have experienced a cry that is so haunting when the baby is alone in a car hot and distressed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cheekymarls For This Useful Post:
30564U, Dragonlady66, hal0mega, teacherof2, TheVrist, winvens
Old 09-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Nickola
Offline:
lovable anglo-pilferer!
Poster Rank:40
Sheila

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 6795 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
12/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss20153
Re: Kids Left in Cars - GRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymarls View Post
i would shake this womans hand for doing what she did

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...baby/16036577/

When I was about 16 - I was working in my dads cafe, and i could hear this crying, painful crying from a baby. I couldn't find where it was coming from. I head outside trying to find where the crying was coming from and saw this baby inside a 4wd in 40deg heat and the baby was turning red
i screamed as i was heading back in the shop yelling out to my dad.
He got a hammer and smashed the window down
the mother was heading back to the car and started abusing my dad for smashing her window. He was about to smash her head down
the police and ambulance came. She was arrested and the baby was not in good shape. I always to this day wonder what happened to this day

Every time I see a baby in the car, i cannot move. I wait until the parent or carer returns. I have called the police so many times. One time, not long ago I just told a mum not to leave her kids in the car, she nearly knocked me down.
Just yesterday a guy was filling up his tank at a servo and car turned off, windows fully up and 2 babies in the car.

this is probably one thing that upsets me, as i have experienced a cry that is so haunting when the baby is alone in a car hot and distressed.
Was it hot yesterday where you live?

Old 09-24-2014, 09:16 PM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

The father "forgot" his baby was in the car?!? FFS!

Old 09-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Mr Poo
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:122

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4489 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8173

While I agree with not putting babies in cars with windows up and unsupervised, you might be going a little overboard. If a guy was filling up his gas tank and standing next to the car, even if it was off with the windows up that's not dangerous at all. You might want to be careful before you piss off the wrong dad and he slits your throat or shoots you..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Poo For This Useful Post:
30564U, Hillacre, rapeWhistle
Old 09-25-2014, 05:40 AM
cheekymarls
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:384
Female

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickola View Post
Was it hot yesterday where you live?
not as hot as it would be in summer but 2pm very hot part of the day
i think due to my experience, just leaving windows fully closed when no adult inside still freaks me out a bit

Old 09-25-2014, 05:41 AM
cheekymarls
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by have2poo View Post
While I agree with not putting babies in cars with windows up and unsupervised, you might be going a little overboard. If a guy was filling up his gas tank and standing next to the car, even if it was off with the windows up that's not dangerous at all. You might want to be careful before you piss off the wrong dad and he slits your throat or shoots you..
I was too scared to say anything but stared at him alot hoping he could read my mind
i bet he thought i was having a perve instead lol

The Following User Says Thank You to cheekymarls For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 09-25-2014, 08:02 AM
cheekymarls
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884

i didnt want to start a thread but wanted to share the bravery of another woman with a child
A mother is being hailed a hero for saving her baby's life by placing the six-month-old in a toilet bowl, despite the fact she was dying from a gunshot wound herself.

Jessica Arrendale was holding little Cobie as she hid in the bathroom while drunken and abusive partner Antoine Davis was on a violent rampage.

The former US marine broke down the bathroom door and shot Ms Arrendale dead. Rather than falling straight to the ground, the 33-year-old mother managed to fall towards the toilet and place the baby in the bowl before collapsing on top of her.

Baby Cobie: survivor of the murder-suicide.
Baby Cobie: survivor of the murder-suicide. Photo: Facebook
It is believed this saved the little girl's life as Davis was unable to find her.

Advertisement
When police arrived at the home they found Davis had shot himself dead in Cobie's bedroom, where it is believed he went to look for the little girl.

Cobie was found in the toilet alive, but suffering from hypothermia.

Dad of three Antoine Davis served as a marine in Iraq, according to his ex-wife.
Dad of three Antoine Davis served as a marine in Iraq, according to his ex-wife. Photo: Facebook
"He shot her and [the police] don't know how she was able to twist her body and fall literally in the opposite direction," Ms Arrendale's mother Teresa Ionniello told local station WSB Radio. "She had pure will. She wanted that baby to live."

Shockingly, the murder-suicide in the Atlanta suburb of Smyrna was also witnessed by Davis' two older daughters, aged 9 and 10, from a previous relationship.

The older girls' mother, Tamara Chesley, said one daughter told her that her father had stared at her for a "very long time" before she asked him, "Daddy, what are you doing?"

Davis then went upstairs with a gun and the daughter heard Ms Arrendale screaming and then a gunshot.

Police were called to the family's home in the early hours of Sunday September 14 responding to reports that someone was armed with a gun.

Ms Ionniello said Davis had been "belligerently drunk and abusive" on the weekend of the murder.

Ms Arrendale picked up a baseball bat to defend herself but he overpowered her and struck her with the bat, Ms Ionniello said.

Ms Arrendale then barricaded herself in the bathroom with baby Cobie as Davis went to get his assault rifle from the wardrobe.

When police arrived at the scene they evacuated nearby homes and tried to make contact with Davis. After those attempts were unsuccessful, officers forced their way into the house and found the carnage.

It is thought Cobie may have been hit with the baseball bat while her father was attacking her mother, as she also had a head injury when she was found in the toilet.

Davis had served as a marine in Iraq and was reportedly involved in a custody battle with Ms Arrendale over Cobie.

A family friend Leslie Tidwell has set up a GoFundMe page for Cobie and Ms Arrendale's 15-year-old daughter, who was not at the home at the time of the shootings.

On the page Ms Tidwell wrote: "An amazing mother, daughter, sister and friend was taken way too soon. Jessica was one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. This fund has been set up for the two children that she has left behind."

Cobie is still being treated at hospital and there are plans for Ms Arrendale's mother to take custody of the baby.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
jessica-620x349.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 09-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymarls View Post

I understand where you're comming from but maybe the guy just didn't want his kids sucking down petrol fumes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
30564U, Mr Poo
Old 09-26-2014, 01:11 AM
Johnny Alias
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2040
Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss143

Quote:
Originally Posted by have2poo View Post
Yeah I agree here. I mean, if the baby is turning red and shit I understand, but you can't freak out every time a parent leaves a kid in the car especially while filling his tank with gas.

Sounds like you're going way overboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Alias For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 09-26-2014, 04:45 AM
cheekymarls
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Alias View Post
Yeah I agree here. I mean, if the baby is turning red and shit I understand, but you can't freak out every time a parent leaves a kid in the car especially while filling his tank with gas.

Sounds like you're going way overboard.
i guess thats what happens when people have been through something traumatic, they do tend to go overboard if the issue arises in front of them

The Following User Says Thank You to cheekymarls For This Useful Post: