Poster Rank:21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585
Re: Kansas To Shut Down All but One Abortion Clinic 6/30/11

This thread is about abortion not your fucking states mind, oh and Ninja Delusion shouldn't you have asked if they "Feel lucky punk"?.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Delusion View Post
Yes, the "tissue" euphemism. Tell it to Gianna Jessen--the woman who survived a botched saline abortion. The heart begins to beat 22 days gestation.

22 Days --------------Heart Beats
48 Days --------------Brainwaves
Weeks 4-8 -----------Organ Systems Formed
Week 5 --------------Eyes
Week 7 --------------Eyelids, Toes, Nose
Week 8 --------------Finger Prints
Week 9 --------------Facial Expressions Display Emotion
Week 10 ------------Hands Grasp
Week 11 ------------Pain Sensory
Week 12 -------------Anatomical Development Nearly Complete
Week 17 ------------Dream Waves Detected
Week 21-------------Official record for survived premature birth (James Elgin Gil)
Week 24-------------Abortion still legal

Edit:
Oh, and if the baby is involuntarily aborted by say an abusive boyfriend whether or not the woman dies, if the baby dies, the law will charge the defendant with murder. (Unborn Victims of Violence Act, 2008)

So by law, it's hunky-dorey if the mother terminates the pregnancy, but if Scott Peterson does it, it magically becomes murder-1? That is quite a paradox. And here I was thinking that justice is supposed to be blind but what we have here is a respect of persons. The crime cannot be qualified by whom commits the act. If the mother is not murdering her fetus, then neither is some piece of shit rapist-killer.
Ok back on subject, in really poor countries where contraception is not an option and thousands of babies are born to certain starvation, what would you suggest be the most humane thing to be?, starve to death riddled with disease, or never exist?, discuss.
You want to be have a black and white atittude then so can I.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:31 AM
DollHead
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:611
Female

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve. View Post
Ok back on subject, in really poor countries where contraception is not an option and thousands of babies are born to certain starvation, what would you suggest be the most humane thing to be?, starve to death riddled with disease, or never exist?, discuss.
I think that there are way too many people. Let the women abort the fucking fetuses if they want! Its their bodies. Leave them alone. People aren't some sacred beings where EVERY one of them MUST live. That's bullshit.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Ninja Delusion
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:987

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve. View Post
Well first, the context here is American law, particularly Kansas. In the United States, no child would be subject to starvation as the parent(s) of any such child would receive subsidies for basic provisions, or would become a ward of the state until it could be adopted off.

That said, if you would like to talk about abortion on the universal scale....

1. There are other alternatives to contend with poverty besides killing the fetus. These include aid or charity from whomever will--missionaries and humanitarians are very often working in the worst countries. There is also Adoption, both within the native country and oversees adoption arrangements to nations like the U.S.

Granted this will not cover every child--not by a long shot, but I'm sure for the ones who are saved through such means are grateful they were not aborted. Also, abortions cost money. I wonder how many bags of rice can be purchased for the wage of one abortion.

2. As far as the issue of contraception availability goes, there is always the "pull out" method as the vast majority of human history learned to use. There is understanding ovulation cycles and knowing when your probability of becoming pregnant is multiplied--and then there is always the tested and tried strategy of abstinence.

However, in truth all of these issues are diversions. Murdering an unborn child for the reasons you stated probably only account for a very small percentage of total motivations for abortion--and exponentially less in the developed western world. The circumstances do not change the reality that what is being destroyed is human life.

Remember that botched abortion I mentioned? The way saline abortion works is the solution causes a stillbirth that occurs the day after. The reason they did not correct their error was that the person was born alive before the doctor arrived. Once that child left the womb she was protected by law from the abortionist. That abortionist actually had to sign her birth certificate--ain't that a bitch? Anyways, the point of telling you this is that it seems to be a complete reductio ad absursion to argue that two equally developed beings are counted differently based on which side of the environmental "tissue" partition (the womb) they are on--the one, a "baby," the other, a "Fetus" even if the fetus is slightly more 'mature' than its premature forebear. If what is being killed is in fact legitimately human, then no exercises in extreme straw-men special pleading avails the fact that what is being killed is a human being. Look at sonogram images or pictures of abortions and tell me that it is not human.

"[I am] Against abortions, for killing babies." -Maddox

The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja Delusion For This Useful Post:
KellyBlue
Old 07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
SouthrnHunnix420
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2473

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss106

Good job Kansas!!! It's nice to know that at least one state isn't found of women murdering their unborn children. Damn sluts need to learn to keep their legs shut.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SouthrnHunnix420 For This Useful Post:
KellyBlue, Ninja Delusion
The Following 4 Users Disliked SouthrnHunnix420 For This Post:
DollHead, Hvergelmir, rapeWhistle, Terminal Expiry
Old 07-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Ninja Delusion
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss439

Old 07-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Dz
Offline:
Agent Orange
Poster Rank:81
M

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12521

No lives were saved.
Overland Park, Ks. is where I lived.
Its next door neighbor is Kansas City, Mo.
Theres plenty of places to go across state line.
The Kansas one is where women with money would go.
You know, one of the nicer abortion clinics.
They would absolutely go across the street.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:24 PM
firegirl
Offline:
Poster Rank:2541
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss102

I live in KS, not to far from Overland Park. Just because 'you' dont support abortion, does not change the fact that it is legal to have one.

A woman has the right to choose. Regardless of what someone else thinks she should do with her body, her baby. The laws here in KS are wrong. Brownback is forcing his religious beliefs onto the abortion clinics here. He has had it out for abortion providers for a long time.

I have worked with patients who have come in to the office i work for and they were all basically similar in economic status. On welfare, (Medicaid, food stamps, ect) They already have a lot of kids or they are young and realize they are unable to provide for a baby. Some are young women, some are older, but they are all in the same situation, unwanted pregnancy.

it is easy to sit on the other side and of the fence and say 'do the crime, pay the fine' or 'give it up for adoption' ect. the sayings are all the same, but till YOU are the one face with an unwanted pregnancy, YOU will never understand.

These women come in to the office and beg for doctor to do a D&C, but he will try and talk them in to keeping it. These women who are determined to abort will do so at any cost, at any stage.

When abortions are stopped, these kind of women will do anything to terminate a pregnancy, and i mean any thing. We have had people ask for what herbal tea's will terminate, will jumping really terminate a pregnancy? there are more questions i have heard, all from women who want to terminate.

Another point of this topic is how someone else is determining what health care a women can or cant have based on a religious or personal view

ok that is my 2 cents on this

The Following User Says Thank You to firegirl For This Useful Post:
DollHead
Old 07-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Ninja Delusion
Offline:

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss439

You do realize that the argument that one person's "opinion" of what should be lawful and "YOUR" adverse opinion have equal[ly worthless] value and thereby offset, right? So to say "YOU" are (That is, I am) out of line to oppose shit that "YOU" just happened to be for is absolute unfounded bullshit. "YOU" have not justified the implied claim that YOUR "sovereign" opinion has any more fundamental merit or legitimacy than mine. Concerning that politician's motives whom you have referenced, (I have no knowledge of his policies or beliefs) just because "YOU" have a beef with his "world view" (I hate that fucking term) doesn't mean that "YOUR" worldview is inherently superior to his, nor to that of those whom elected him. Tell me why shit should be the way "YOU" perceive it, unchallenged as opposed to the perception of any other given unit of carbon? Disenfranchised ideologies/views/beliefs/dogma which are arbitrarily adopted by an individual somehow override wholesale ideologies/views/beliefs/dogma (aka religion) adopted by another individual? Why?

Supposing that religion is "bullshit," then are the doctrines contained in the religious perspective any less "human" in origin? Your own "human" perspective overrules the one that comes with a bonus narrative how? Wherefore if there is no God, or "Drafter" of the universal constitution of "good and evil," then nihilism is the only logical contingency--if this is the case then your opinions are just as worthless as you esteem mine to be--ideological stalemate. Accordingly, societal Darwinism would take its course as laws are subject to change if the advocacy for such a change is nourished to dominance, thus the "law" will reflect the dynamic, collective perspective.. That's why we have --amendments--

Constitutionally, what gives a person their "rights?" And if rights can be given, surely they can be revoked (exclusively) by their allotter?

To argue that something like abortion is sanctified because it is "legal" is inane, for what is law but the precept of man? As if one man's opinion holds preeminence over another for all people, time immemorial? It amounts to the very inversion of democracy and to the denial of legislative "evolution." Slavery was also legal at one time. You know what those plantation owners said to the Union? They said that the Union had no right to tell them how to run their estates and that the northerners were not in the same "shoes" as they were in because those in the north would never have need for slave labor. Sounds a lot like your argument that I could never personally be pregnant thus I am ineligible to make a moral judgment (if there is such a thing), and also dismisses the perspective of many women who agree with me--some who have walked down the same straw-man's road that you mention.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Terminal Expiry
Offline:
Poster Rank:1603

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss208

Fair is just an opinion based on a point of balance in your subjective morality.

Don't tell others how to choose, unless you want others to tell YOU how to choose.