Go Back  

Kansas City, Missouri: Man Accused of Planning Bombing at Sept. 11 Memorial Eve 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss12566
Kansas City, Missouri: Man Accused of Planning Bombing at Sept. 11 Memorial Eve

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Joshua Ryne Goldberg, 20, from Orange Park, Florida, is in custody, accused of plotting to place a bomb at a weekend event in Kansas City that commemorates the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Investigators accuse him of targeting the Kansas City 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb, which is scheduled for Sunday morning, Sept. 13. The Memorial Stair Climb in KC, allows 343 climbers to participate. Each participant must be employed by a fire department, as a volunteer, paid career, or retired firefighter to participate.​ The 343 firefighters climb 37 flights of stairs to the top of the Town Pavilion high-rise in downtown Kansas City in remembrance of the 343 firefighters killed on 9-11-2001. During the climb, participants will climb up the stairs three times to simulate the 110 stories firefighters ran to the top of the World Trade Center's towers before they collapsed. For five years firefighters have been partaking in the event.

According to the criminal complaint, Goldberg was in contact, through on-line communications, with an individual who law enforcement knew to be a Confidential Human Source (CHS). Between the months of July and September 2015, Goldberg is accused of exchanging messages with the CHS through a direct message app.

Over time, the document says, the informant worked to gain the trust of Goldberg, who investigators say was using the profile name "Aus Witness" on the app. AusWitness asked where the informant was located, to which the informant replied 'the Midwest.'

Authorities say the informant told Aus Witness/Goldberg that he didn't know how to make a bomb, so authorities say Goldberg distributed information to the CHS on how to manufacture a bomb. He instructed the CHS to make a pressure cooker bomb and fill it with nails, metal, and other items dipped in rat poison. Goldberg instructed the CHS to place the bomb at an upcoming memorial in Kansas City, Missouri that was commemorating the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Click here for several key pages from the criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. The document describes alleged conversations between the informant and the suspect, such as the one below which allegedly occurred on August 20, 2015:

7:03 AusWitness: "Have you decided what kind of attack to carry out on 9/11, akhi? I was thinking a bombing."

7:06 AusWitness: "We could make pipe bombs and detonate them at a large public event.

7:06 CHS: "Yes I'm leaning towards that too. I've been getting excited about this. I've been having trouble with the planners in the dawlah who want me to just do a gun attack. But that doesn't seem big enough to bring true glory to Allah. Look at Chattanoogo the kuff have already forgotten."

7:07 AusWitness: "Exactly brother. It needs to be big. Do you live in NYC? I'm in Perth. There are lots of places to target here."

7:07 CHS: "Do you know the directions you gave me work? I've never made a bomb before lol sorry"

7:08 AusWitness: "They work, akhi. But a pressure cooker bomb might be even better. Let me ask one of my brothers in the dawlah for instructions."

7:10 CHS: "Ok, ahki"

7:13 AusWitness: "What city are you in akhi? We need to find the best place to place the explosive."

7:13 CHS: "I'm in the Midwest the closest place is Kansas City if you're familiar. But I can travel I'm just a student."

7:14 AusWitness: "Alright so will you be able to drive to Kansas City to carry out the attack?"

7:14 CHS: "Yes Easily"

Goldberg is charged with distributing information relating to explosives, destructive devices, and weapons of mass destruction. If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison.

Below are pictures of the 9-11 Memorial Stair Climb at the Town Pavilion in 2013. The event will proceed as planned on Sunday, Sept. 13. Firefighters from eight states are coming in for the memorial event. FOX 4's Dave DMarko reported that the event was booked within ten minutes of registration.

Dave Bova, who coordinates the event, says he only found out about the alleged plot on Thursday. He says they already work with Kansas City security, but this year they will also be coordinating with the FBI as the event goes on as planned on Sunday.

"We made a commitment as firefighters to never forget 9/11 and we are going to make sure that we hold that commitment and that`s part of it, so we are going to make sure that we carry on," Bova said.

Bova also added that he doesn't think the threat will stop a lot of people from going to the event.

"You just can't let little things like that scare you," Bova says. "You just gotta live on with your life and keep moving forward."

This case is being investigated by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) and the Clay County Sheriff’s Office. Members of the Jacksonville JTTF include the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Border Patrol, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Florida Highway Patrol, the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office, and the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. It is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin C. Frein of the Middle District of Florida, with assistance provided by Trial Attorney Mara Kohn of the National Security Division’s Counterterrorism Section.​
What a cocksucker...

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
01.jpg  

02.jpg  

03.jpg  

04.jpg  

05.jpg  

06.jpg  

07.jpg  

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
kellyhound, Oswald2001, Pink., Sharon, tbone79, Top Gear
Old 09-11-2015, 04:36 PM
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4088
Female
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss46
Re: Kansas City, Missouri: Man Accused of Planning Bombing at Sept. 11 Memorial

Jesus Christ....

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueCrimeJunkie77 For This Useful Post:
tbone79
Old 09-11-2015, 04:44 PM
tbone79
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:469
I pee standing up....

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss1366

Let's send his ass over to ISIS so they can make a video of his murder. My Uncle was a fireman for almost 35 years before his health got really bad, and I am so proud of him. This POS was targeting firemen. Those men and women are so brave and work tirelessly to save people's lives everyday. I'd love to see him with a dirty bomb shoved up his ass..

You don't like America, GET THE FUCK OUT

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tbone79 For This Useful Post:
Pink., Pyramid_Head, Sharon, Top Gear
Old 09-11-2015, 05:04 PM
vipersna
Offline:
Sexican
Poster Rank:150
Resident Nympho
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3937 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6399

Some idiot called in a bomb threat this morning to an elemtary school here

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vipersna For This Useful Post:
morbid75, Pink., Pyramid_Head, tbone79, Top Gear
Old 09-11-2015, 05:14 PM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3901 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss7027

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipersna View Post
Some idiot called in a bomb threat this morning to an elemtary school here
My son's middle school had a bomb threat. That post 9/11 goodwill to men vibe has totally gone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
tbone79, Top Gear
Old 09-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63926

we havent had any here, but there were men with rifles on top of the building I had to go into early this morning. weird, but around here, on a regular day... it could have been regular street crime. I dont think so. though ...not where they were. There was also extra security at the National Guard station on my way home.

tbone79
Old 09-13-2015, 08:05 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20