Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585
Re: July 12- ISP Surveillance Goes into Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean mclean View Post
Tor anonymizes your activities. Your isp can see you are using Tor, but they can't see what sites you're visiting or what you are doing while using it. I think using SSH tunnels can hide the fact you are using Tor as well.

Peerblock just blocks "bad" ip addresses from accessing your machine and vica-versa.
http://www.peerblock.com/docs/faq#peerblock_vs_pg2

I don't download illegal things either. However, that's not the issue here. The issue is that ISPs are basically using vigilante justice on behalf of the government/RIAA/MPAA. There is a huge potential for abuse when ISPs voluntarily monitor the activities of their users. They're basically just acting as proxy surveillance for the government without any of the legal checks like the government has, and dealing out "punishment" themselves as they see fit. There's nothing to stop them from throttling your connection or putting you on a watchlist just because you visit sites they find suspicious (like this one), or to stop them from turning your browsing activites over to the government.
Let them do their worst I have nothing to hide and if my ISP did throttle my Internet connection then they would lose a customer that's their choice.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneLea View Post
So a country finds another way to turn on its people and it doesn't matter just because it's Americans being affected? Nobody to care about there, right?
Do Americans care that us aussies are about to get hit with the worlds highest carbon tax? Yeah that's right. Your power bills might jump up by about 5% over the next 2 years while ours are set to increase by at least 30%, and YOUR president gives praise to our governments crafty new cash grab.

Do Americans care that their largest companies caused a stock market crash that affected the entire planet? Then your government hands out HUGE bail out packages to those companies, which then go on to give their executives a bonus equal to more money that you would earn in your life. No, you only care that it affected your own economy and have not given a single thought to the people in other countries that lost their jobs because the company they worked for went arse up due to a global recession caused in YOUR country.

Do Americans care that their government is the worlds largest supplier of weapons world wide? Your country is a permanent member of the UN security council, sells weapons to who ever they wish, and has the nerve to tell other countries who they can and can't sell weapons to. Those same weapons are used in civil wars and rebellons which cause the deaths of many innocent people.

Do Americans care that their garbage entertainment content such as gangsta rap and voyeristic television shows are destroying the cultural values of western society? You allow your kids to watch and emulate that crap, and they breed a generation of morons which then proceed to continue the cycle. Not a problem if it was contained to your own country but it's not, your entertainment programs are broadcast world wide.

I could add more but i have things to do.
Quote:
Nobody to care about there, right?
1 - Carbon tax disproportionate to your population?
2 - Global recession caused by America?
3 - Dictating terms to the world?
4 - Errosion of values?
Taking all that into consideration, why then should i give a toss about you losing EASY access to illegal downloads?
Quote:
Hello?

You just tasted morning Blewvane.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 PM
AnneLea
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1731
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186

Oh and all Americans just suddenly said, hey, let's cause a global market crash. Because it's fun. No average American got anything good out of that. Just like the rest of the world, money is money and it's only worth is to ruin people's lives.

And hey, there's never been a time that bad behavior wasn't around. Bet you don't think about the fact that disciplining children can get you thrown in prison for life around here. I hate that fact, plus the pussies who let their kids abuse them. Not my fault if your child gets into the wrong crowd.

I am and American. I do not decide what your taxes are. I do not cause global recession by trying to make ends meet every month. I do not get a say in global politics. I do not erode your values.

I get to pretend to vote for better politicians. I get to suffer the loss of power/heat every winter because food is a bit more important. I get to be pushed this way and that by global politics. I get to watch the world degrade around me and wonder... why the fuck would anybody want to raise a child in this country.

And being fair skinned is the shittiest part. If you're visually "white" you're considered the scum of the earth.

I never once owned a slave, made a racial slur, or beat the living daylights out of a so called minority outside of martial arts competitions, but, as far as most of the "black" people are concerned, I'm guilty of all of it.

So, because politicians are greedy asses, all Americans are the scum of the earth.

Is that how it is?

Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Oh and all Americans just suddenly said, hey, let's cause a global market crash. Because it's fun. No average American got anything good out of that. Just like the rest of the world, money is money and it's only worth is to ruin people's lives.

And hey, there's never been a time that bad behavior wasn't around. Bet you don't think about the fact that disciplining children can get you thrown in prison for life around here. I hate that fact, plus the pussies who let their kids abuse them. Not my fault if your child gets into the wrong crowd.

I am and American. I do not decide what your taxes are. I do not cause global recession by trying to make ends meet every month. I do not get a say in global politics. I do not erode your values.

I get to pretend to vote for better politicians. I get to suffer the loss of power/heat every winter because food is a bit more important. I get to be pushed this way and that by global politics. I get to watch the world degrade around me and wonder... why the fuck would anybody want to raise a child in this country.

And being fair skinned is the shittiest part. If you're visually "white" you're considered the scum of the earth.

I never once owned a slave, made a racial slur, or beat the living daylights out of a so called minority outside of martial arts competitions, but, as far as most of the "black" people are concerned, I'm guilty of all of it.

So, because politicians are greedy asses, all Americans are the scum of the earth.

Is that how it is?
Hahahahahaha.......i like you.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4798 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss12970

Just signed up on iVPN. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Male

Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss12970

Anne, please watch your tone. This is a gore site after all.

Blew, we gave 15 Trillion dollars to other country's banks in the bail out. As for the weapons .... well.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
AnneLea
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1731
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
Anne, please watch your tone. This is a gore site after all.

Blew, we gave 15 Trillion dollars to other country's banks in the bail out. As for the weapons .... well.
I know. I just don't like attacking masses of people over the actions of a few.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Male

Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss12970

Teasing darlin'. You took on Blew and were still standing!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Arse fucker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
Teasing darlin'. You took on Blew and were still standing!
You calling me a bully?

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier
Old 06-23-2012, 12:05 AM
spoiledmi
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:10669
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7
I am an American and I can say that I didn't try to ruin everybody's life. As far as the economy an the popular culture now, I agree it is SHIT. I just try to live, pay my bills, and make sure I get some good stuff on my wank.