Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1351
Judge Won't Block Release of Autopsy Reports in Tucson Shooting Spree

From the original news source"

"A federal judge decided Wednesday not to prohibit the release of autopsy reports on the six victims of the Jan. 8 mass shooting on Tucson’s northwest side.

However, his decision does not mean the reports will be released soon.
In a document filed Thursday, U.S. District Judge Larry Alan Burns denied requests by prosecutors and defense attorneys to issue gag orders sealing the autopsy reports and banning public statements by the Pima County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Burns said that instead, the medical examiners’ office may decide whether to deny requests for the documents made by news outlets, including the Arizona Daily Star. The news organizations may then appeal the decision in Arizona courts, he wrote.

Pima County Medical Examiner Dr. Bruce Parks was meeting with attorneys at midday to receive legal advice about the ruling. The office plans to decide how to move forward today.
Under Arizona law, autopsy reports are considered public records, Burns wrote, but they may be withheld if their release presents “specific risks.”
The release of the autopsy reports, Burns wrote, “isn’t a foregone conclusion.”
Jared Lee Loughner is accused of carrying out the mass shooting that killed six people and injured 13, including U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video

Old 03-04-2011, 12:08 AM
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:64
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 922 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss14600
Re: Judge Won't Block Release of Autopsy Reports in Tucson Shooting Spree

I dont really see how the autopsy reports would affect the trial. He preformed this shooting in a public place with plenty of witnesses. If anything it has to be the defense team that does not want this information available however it says that both the prosecution and defence have requested a gag order on the files

Im sure his defense is one of insanity however he will have a trial and be convicted. I feel that they will shoot for the death penalty and he will likely recieve it since soo many people died that day.

If not it will be a life sentence without possibility of parole.. I think the penalty really depends on the Jury since the prosecutors can only recommend the death penalty and the jury has to agree to it in his sentencing period.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 AM
puelling pueman
Poster Rank:127
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2478 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 13/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss7876
Re: Judge Won't Block Release of Autopsy Reports in Tucson Shooting Spree

this doesn't make any sense......why would they want the reports kept under wraps?? Unless the men had semen in their bellies or something

Originally Posted by Clubhouse View Post
I like his happy-go-lucky demeanour